Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Non resident Win

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by turksman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Turks and Caicos Islands
Member #115580
August 23, 2011
2 Posts
Posted: September 12, 2011, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Hi guys.  I am from a British Overseas territory in the Caribbean and I play Euromillions and SuperEnalotto online with the lotter .  My question is if I happen to ever win will I be able to claim my prize myself being that I am not a resident of the country in question.  I am a British Citizen and our passports being a British Territory are British.  I even have a European Union passport that is now expired but can renew it.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
    rekjavik
    Iceland
    Member #99537
    October 27, 2010
    177 Posts
    Posted: September 12, 2011, 9:26 am - IP Logged

Renew your passport and you should be ok....

but,  send the online lotter an email to be on the safe side.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 12, 2011, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Hello turksman, welcome to Lottery Post.

Best of luck to you! LepYes NodThumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40346 Posts
        Posted: September 12, 2011, 11:18 am - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post, Happy winnings.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
          Norfolk , Va
          United States
          Member #4541
          May 2, 2004
          25096 Posts
          Posted: September 12, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Hi guys.  I am from a British Overseas territory in the Caribbean and I play Euromillions and SuperEnalotto online with the lotter .  My question is if I happen to ever win will I be able to claim my prize myself being that I am not a resident of the country in question.  I am a British Citizen and our passports being a British Territory are British.  I even have a European Union passport that is now expired but can renew it.

I'm sort of wondering if I should answer this due to a response I may get from others here but I will and hope it helps . 

You are as you say a British citizen therefor you are a British subject as they call it . Being a British subject once a British especially British born which would mostl likely include any and all territories , you will always be British . You can also hold dual citizenship elsewhere but you will not lose your British citizenship . Up here in the US , you can lose your US citizenship if you become a citizen of another country. Not with Britain .  With that , since Euro Millians is played in Britain I would think you can claim any winning ticket . You can check into it where you purchase a ticket. I hope this info helps and remember, it is only my thoughts on this , not a proffessional opinion .

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49674 Posts
            Posted: September 12, 2011, 1:27 pm - IP Logged

No: You won't be able to Claim Anything: In addition you'll be found guilty in a Court of Law for Failing to Follow the Rules of the Game: And serve the next 20 years at Hard Labor: After which time you will be shot by a Firing Squad!

PS: It's Fun Playing: So just hope you keep Losing! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
              Norfolk , Va
              United States
              Member #4541
              May 2, 2004
              25096 Posts
              Posted: September 12, 2011, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

This may help answer your question .

The UK version of the Euromillions is only playable from within the UK. However, players can use our lottery ticket concierge service from The Lotter to purchase Euromillions tickets from anywhere in the world. The subtle difference is that UK players get the added bonus of being entered into the Millionaire Raffle giving them an extra chance of winning a £1m prize.

Or this :

The official rules for Euromillions state that in order to play the UK Euromillions a player must be located in the United Kingdom or Isle of Man and also be a permanent resident of the UK. No such restriction applies to players using our ticket concierge service as this service only buys tickets for the Euro version of Euromillions.

Good Luck,

Blackie.                           

Turks and Caicos Islands
                Member #115580
                August 23, 2011
                2 Posts
                Posted: September 12, 2011, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for all your help guys.  You have all been very helpful.  And not if but when I win I am donating generously to this Website!