Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Vending machines in Illinois

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
mt zion illinois
United States
Member #110549
May 6, 2011
351 Posts
Posted: September 16, 2011, 4:04 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering what other Illinois players think of the new vending machines.... I think they are kinda of neat.....  Being able to buy my lotto, mega millions, powerball etc.... And not worring about the clerk messing up what you want.... Another plus is you are able to check your scratch off tickets on them to see if they are a winner....... The only 2 things I don't like about them is the took the one shot button off them and you can't buy like your 50 cent pick 3 or pick 4 on them....

Biggest lottery wins for 2013 $100 1 Time.......

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2011, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Today is the first time  I've seen one. So far I think I like them, will learn by doing I guess. I put $2 in for MM thinking it would default to the Megaplier only to realize there was a seperate button for that.

Since all the numbers games only have buttons for $1, $2, $5, or $10 I'm wondering how advance plays work.

Thanks for the heads up on the scratchers, didn't kow you could check them on these machines.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mt zion illinois
      United States
      Member #110549
      May 6, 2011
      351 Posts
      Posted: September 28, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that black and white bar code thing on front of the ticket down by the numbers tell wheater or not if a winner.......

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #74096
        May 2, 2009
        22872 Posts
        Posted: September 28, 2011, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Good luck with your new machines. I hope they are better than PA's machines. Watch your playslips go in and not come back out, press the buttons

a couple hundred times with no results, hear that something is processing inside but see no tickets in the collection area...(because the paper

didn't tear right and they're all getting balled up inside the machine and you get an: ! saying: Please wait, transactions pending - they'll be forever

pending unless you risk losing a hand and stick it up there to manually tear off what should have been cut off and dropped already Mad)

Press Day, $1, straight, 1 play, 1 day and purchase only to find some alien number on the confirmation page you did not press at all...and they

want you to purchase that?..and have the hardest time voiding it, easy to purchase it but not to cancel it, they take your money for a run through

slip but don't give you any tickets...try explaining that one to the knucklehead at the counter, they'd rather just come over and put a sign up:

OUT OF ORDER.

Maybe you'll have great success with them...they are afterall, new. Ours have just been around too long (and that's not too long either) I don't think

they were built to last. Most days, I'd rather take my chances with the clerk. Confused

United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10348 Posts
          Posted: September 28, 2011, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Yeah that black and white bar code thing on front of the ticket down by the numbers tell wheater or not if a winner.......

cooldude,

I'll have to try checking a scratcher that way again. I thought those black and white things on front where the same thing marketers are using for smart phones.

Went back today to play with the machine- had a Little Lotto slip filled out for multi-draw, put $2 in thinking the machine would scan the playslip and default to 2 draws, but instead it said something like, "Improper betslip, cannot process." So since there was $2 in the machine I played a LL QP and a "barefoot" Powerball (no powerplay, didn't have another single).

Just to check it, I tried to scan the LL ticket expecting to see "Results not in" but it didn't beep and said, "Improper barcode." Out of curiosity I took it to the scanner by the clerks (the old one) and it read "Results not in". I'm thinking maybe the machines down here haven't been programmed to check the tickets yet.

Either that or they figure the hillbillies down here are in the foothills of the Ozarks and won't figure it out anyway!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

mt zion illinois
            United States
            Member #110549
            May 6, 2011
            351 Posts
            Posted: September 28, 2011, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

cooldude,

I'll have to try checking a scratcher that way again. I thought those black and white things on front where the same thing marketers are using for smart phones.

Went back today to play with the machine- had a Little Lotto slip filled out for multi-draw, put $2 in thinking the machine would scan the playslip and default to 2 draws, but instead it said something like, "Improper betslip, cannot process." So since there was $2 in the machine I played a LL QP and a "barefoot" Powerball (no powerplay, didn't have another single).

Just to check it, I tried to scan the LL ticket expecting to see "Results not in" but it didn't beep and said, "Improper barcode." Out of curiosity I took it to the scanner by the clerks (the old one) and it read "Results not in". I'm thinking maybe the machines down here haven't been programmed to check the tickets yet.

Either that or they figure the hillbillies down here are in the foothills of the Ozarks and won't figure it out anyway!

maybe the scanner on the machine is for instants only...... Since the other scanner where cash winners in at and buy pick 3 or pick 4 only scans on line tickets......

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10348 Posts
              Posted: September 29, 2011, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

I checked a scratcher today with the black and white symbol on the front and it read it, and then checked a Little Lotto ticket and it read it, the machine must have just not been ready yesterday.

The only Cash for Life tickets in this machine is the $5 one. I wonder if the $1 and $2 ones are gone or just not in this particular machine.

dr65,

Thus far we're not having the problems you mentioned. Maybe you should put a sign on the machine, "This machine is cursed, go see the clerk."

Lep

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10348 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2011, 6:20 pm - IP Logged

Played at a Phillips 66 today.

I had a $1 Little Lotto winner that I got from one of the new machines. When I gavre it to the clerk at the gas station he asked me where I got it. The machine tickets are longer than the service counter ones.

He wasn't aware of the machines but was aware of the black and white symbols on the front of the scratchers, just not that they were for the machines.

I got a $1 $500 A week for Life ticket and that symbol wasn' on it. I'm thinking Northstar is going to let the $1 and $2 ones of these fade out and keep the $5 one, that's why the $5 one is the only one in the machine.

Lep

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10348 Posts
                  Posted: October 17, 2011, 1:19 am - IP Logged

Yesterday I put $3 in and was going to play Little Lotto.

Aftet the money was in, the number games up at the top weren't lit. I pressed the one for Little Lotto anyway

(takes $1, $2, $5, or $10, I was going to get $2 and then $1) but it said Error Notification, Function Not Available.

So I wound up getting $3 worth of scratchers and going to the counter for the LL.

Lep