Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

McDonald's Monopoly Instant Win Game

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ILLotteryman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ILLotteryman's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
Chicago, IL
United States
Member #114234
July 26, 2011
429 Posts
Posted: September 17, 2011, 9:56 pm - IP Logged

I know this is not really Lottery related but it is an instant game and was wondering what your thoughts were on this.

For the returning McDonald's Monopoly Instant Win Game this week, do some of you players treat it like a regular instant win lotto game?

What I mean by this is do you send in for the "free" instant win game pieces and try to win one of the major prizes? It seems like winning this contest is just as hard as winning a major instant win game prize.

I am thinking of investing more money in the McDonald's game this week when it starts. What do you guys think?

ILLotteryMan Signing Out

Major IL Lottery Winnings: 06/29/11 (784), 08/07/11 (678), 08/15/11 (056), 08/16/11 (759 Midday + 579 Evening), 08/22/11 (101), 08/26/11 (668), Instants: $50 Wheel of Fortune!

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
    Florida
    United States
    Member #104435
    January 14, 2011
    2244 Posts
    Posted: September 17, 2011, 10:37 pm - IP Logged

Investing more money as in eating at McDonald's 3 times a day ? Big Grin

apart from the free dollar-value items i won $100 one year when the prize options were cash. also won a mp3 player one year.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Chicago, IL
      United States
      Member #114234
      July 26, 2011
      429 Posts
      Posted: September 17, 2011, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

Lol, no I guess what I am asking is does anyone else play by mail where you get the free game pieces when you send a SASE in the mail and if you had any luck?

What I'm wondering is do they distribute more prizes instore or through the mail. But that is a question no one can probably answer or won't answer :)

ILLotteryMan Signing Out

Major IL Lottery Winnings: 06/29/11 (784), 08/07/11 (678), 08/15/11 (056), 08/16/11 (759 Midday + 579 Evening), 08/22/11 (101), 08/26/11 (668), Instants: $50 Wheel of Fortune!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10355 Posts
        Posted: September 18, 2011, 12:25 am - IP Logged

This may sound silly but I still don't trust it after the scam that couple ran where there would be no big winner.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #115785
          August 28, 2011
          259 Posts
          Posted: September 18, 2011, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Hi There,

It all depends on your situation.

There's no harm in playing this game for fun if you want to. The odds of winning are astronomical.

But YES , there was 1 winner last year. I saw him on TV. He had the winning game piece on his cup. A cup which he almost threw away.

I would play casually on this one.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
            British Columbia
            Canada
            Member #116101
            September 4, 2011
            4033 Posts
            Posted: September 18, 2011, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I usually try to eat more @McD

only won free food that's about it Cheers

"You have to be in it to win it!"

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
              Jacksonville Florida
              United States
              Member #23018
              October 6, 2005
              918 Posts
              Posted: September 18, 2011, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

From wikipedia about the McDonald's Monopoly scam/fraud:

"In 2000, the US promotion was halted after fraud was uncovered. A subcontracting company called Simon Marketing (a then-subsidiary of Cyrk), which had been hired by McDonald's to organize and promote the game, failed to recognize a flaw in its procedures, and the chief of security, Jerome P. Jacobson, was able to remove the "most expensive" game pieces, which he then passed to associates who would redeem them and share the proceeds. The associates "won" almost all of the top prizes between 1995 and 2000, including McDonald's giveaways that did not have the Monopoly theme. The associates "netted" over $24 million..."

I remember one time standing in line waiting to buy a drink when the lady in front ordered food/drinks for 6 people and they were out of the cups with the game pieces on them. The lady did not want the order without the game pieces and the employee insisted that she must pay since she ordered it. I told the lady and employee that that was incorrect and she absolutely did not have to accept the order. I pointed to a large ad graphic about 2 feet away with the cup and game piece clearly displayed and a headline "win valuable prizes and up to $1 million" (or something similar to that). A manager(?) came over and I mentioned that they should give the order to the lady for free since they were unable to deliver what they were advertising and that they should remove the promo sign until they got more game pieces in. They finally caved in and gave the lady some other item packaging (fries I think) that had game pieces on them to make up for the cups without the pieces. I told the lady she could either accept that or refuse the order. She took it and at least she got the game pieces she came in for. Don't be badgered by these compaines running these promotions and then not having enough game pieces. If they are not delivering what they are advertising don't accept the order and complain to a manager, and then corporate HQ if that doesn't work.

Orlando, FL
                United States
                Member #115785
                August 28, 2011
                259 Posts
                Posted: September 18, 2011, 3:24 pm - IP Logged

I had no clue about this fraud. I only did the Monopoly thing last year.

Hate to hear about fraud stories like this one. is nothing sacred anymore???

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                  A long and winding road
                  United States
                  Member #17084
                  June 10, 2005
                  4533 Posts
                  Posted: September 18, 2011, 4:53 pm - IP Logged

I was also quite surprised to read of this scam from insiders. Yes there are things that are scared.

IT clearly states in the "promotional" while game pieces last, its a codicile. SO technically if that store "ran" out of the promotional they didnt owe the paying customer compensation. I have worked in marketing and its a Given that such a retraction be written in the rules. IT went above and beyond for management to "compensate" the customer. I would have graciously canceled the order and directed them to another store.

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10355 Posts
                    Posted: September 19, 2011, 1:22 am - IP Logged

duckman,

Thanks for the research on the scam with the monopoloy contest.

Hard to belive that was 11 years ago!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                      Jacksonville Florida
                      United States
                      Member #23018
                      October 6, 2005
                      918 Posts
                      Posted: September 19, 2011, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I was also quite surprised to read of this scam from insiders. Yes there are things that are scared.

IT clearly states in the "promotional" while game pieces last, its a codicile. SO technically if that store "ran" out of the promotional they didnt owe the paying customer compensation. I have worked in marketing and its a Given that such a retraction be written in the rules. IT went above and beyond for management to "compensate" the customer. I would have graciously canceled the order and directed them to another store.

The main problem I had with that incident was the employee telling the customer, incorrectly, that she had to pay for the order (she was not required to pay if she refused the order based on McDonald's inability to provide what they advertised - the ad poster was still up - and nothing was there to indicate supplies had run out). Legally McDonald's had to cancel the order if requested (or refund if already paid for but order not accepted yet by customer). Contrary to popular opinion, fine print does not necessarily rule or override other legal concepts.

This could have been avoided if the store had posted a note that game pieces on certain items were not available at this store at this time. If all game pieces are exhausted and are no longer available, then the ad posters and materials should be taken down and/or a note posted in an obvious place that no game pieces are available so customers do not have to wait in line to find out. Then the customer can choose to buy or not buy.

Chicago, IL
                        United States
                        Member #114234
                        July 26, 2011
                        429 Posts
                        Posted: September 27, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, the McDonald's Monopoly game officially started today. Anyone win anything good? Please post here if you do. I received two game stamps in the mail yesterday but didn't win anything...

ILLotteryMan Signing Out