Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 11:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New local place to buy tickets!!

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
North Carolina
United States
Member #64582
September 1, 2008
347 Posts
Posted: September 22, 2011, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I have been buying tickets here in NC since they started the lottery a few years ago. I usually buy them at grocery stores or at a far away gas station (the one close by refuses to sell tix).

All I've been hitting are "meh" places. But everywhere I went felt the same, so I abandoned hope that a "real" lottery ticket place was in my area.

Well, today I decided to hit a gas station/mini-mart that is at a really bad spot. It's practically on the turn ramp to get onto a major highway. So no easy access in or out.

I walked in and they have plastered everywhere all the winners they've had! "We sold a $10,000 ticket for Powerball", "We sold a $5,000 scratch-off", etc, etc. And I mean tons and tons of them!!

I feel as if I'm finally at the right place!

Anyway, I know my story is long, but I am so excited, I had to share it!

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

Phoenix1017's avatar - pink20butterfly2
    Spring
    United States
    Member #73511
    April 16, 2009
    8 Posts
    Posted: September 22, 2011, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

That's great!

I hope you have tons of luck there like others have had.Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: September 22, 2011, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

Play a couple extra lines there dk, it might be like beginners luck.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

trulyblessed's avatar - yocco
        Durham, North Carolina
        United States
        Member #58710
        February 23, 2008
        6845 Posts
        Posted: September 22, 2011, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

I have been buying tickets here in NC since they started the lottery a few years ago. I usually buy them at grocery stores or at a far away gas station (the one close by refuses to sell tix).

All I've been hitting are "meh" places. But everywhere I went felt the same, so I abandoned hope that a "real" lottery ticket place was in my area.

Well, today I decided to hit a gas station/mini-mart that is at a really bad spot. It's practically on the turn ramp to get onto a major highway. So no easy access in or out.

I walked in and they have plastered everywhere all the winners they've had! "We sold a $10,000 ticket for Powerball", "We sold a $5,000 scratch-off", etc, etc. And I mean tons and tons of them!!

What city?

Lovies

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
          Beautiful Florida
          United States
          Member #5709
          July 18, 2004
          20106 Posts
          Posted: September 22, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes it pays to THINK outside the Box...!                  Good Luck

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: September 24, 2011, 5:18 am - IP Logged

Yea its always nice when you find a place that you feel GOOD about getting tickets, makes winning that much better!

Now time to get your winning poster- 'dkr1421 hit for $$$$' up on the wall Thumbs Up

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
              British Columbia
              Canada
              Member #116101
              September 4, 2011
              4033 Posts
              Posted: September 24, 2011, 5:53 am - IP Logged

sounds like you found a winnin' store Big Smile

best of luck to ya Cheers 

Cheers

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Piaceri's avatar - sarsony1
                Republic of Texas
                United States
                Member #57557
                January 9, 2008
                1095 Posts
                Posted: September 25, 2011, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Wow, nice. Congrats on the find. May luck find you there. White Bounce

face

singlewinnersinglewinnersinglewinner   

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                  Winning makes me smile.
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4850 Posts
                  Posted: September 25, 2011, 1:35 pm - IP Logged

I've got 4 stores that I regularly buy tickets at (2 within walking distance). They all seem to take turns giving me hits. Right now the 7/11 is playing major catch-up. But if you don't pick the right numbers, I guess it doesn't matter where you buy them. LOL

Anyway, I hope you win very often at your new store.  Good Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.