Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New CA lotto $10 scratcher

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sdebarry.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
laguna hills, ca
United States
Member #116009
September 2, 2011
48 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2011, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

i was looking on the website for the ca lottery and i saw there is a new $10 scratcher called $250 million cash spectacular, has anyone seen this game around? i been looking for it and havent seen it anywhere around me

United States
    Member #117212
    September 30, 2011
    2 Posts
    Posted: September 30, 2011, 12:56 am - IP Logged

You haven't seen it because it hasn't come out yet. It comes out tomorrow (friday)

laguna hills, ca
      United States
      Member #116009
      September 2, 2011
      48 Posts
      Posted: September 30, 2011, 7:29 pm - IP Logged

ohhh, well i did see it today and i bought 2, ticket #032 and #033 and both losers

Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
        Santa Ana
        United States
        Member #71159
        February 20, 2009
        651 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2011, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

ohhh, well i did see it today and i bought 2, ticket #032 and #033 and both losers

If you signed up on the CA Lottery to receive their montly newsletter, it stated the new CA Lottery $10 Scratcher game: $250 Million Cash Spectacular will start in October.  It has "31" $1,000,000 top prizes so you can access the website to find out how many of the larger winning tickets are left to win and how many were claimed.  However, since this a relatively new game, it willl not have that information available yet.  I am certainly going to try my luck at this new scratcher.

One who loses today, can win tomorrow--GOOD LUCKHurray!

United States
          Member #117212
          September 30, 2011
          2 Posts
          Posted: October 1, 2011, 4:12 am - IP Logged

I had to go to 6 stores to find em because they were sold out at each one i went to. the 6th store i went to the lady in there hadn't opened up the package from the lottery so i bought two from a brand new pack. First ticket i won another ticket which lucky for me i can just exchange it for $10 at the grocery store. and the second ticket i won $15. So i made a $5 profit.

CA
            United States
            Member #117918
            October 18, 2011
            3 Posts
            Posted: October 18, 2011, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I bought $140 total so far and won one $20, $15 and one free ticket.  Net loss of $95 so far. 

Does anyone know how many is in a single book?  I've been buying these from the automated machines from Safeway.  Wonder where else I should go for more luck.

laguna hills, ca
              United States
              Member #116009
              September 2, 2011
              48 Posts
              Posted: October 18, 2011, 1:11 am - IP Logged

I bought $140 total so far and won one $20, $15 and one free ticket.  Net loss of $95 so far. 

Does anyone know how many is in a single book?  I've been buying these from the automated machines from Safeway.  Wonder where else I should go for more luck.

there are 50 tickets in a book

ive bought $200 worth so far and ive won one $50, $25, $20 and  $15, so down $90, ive talked to some of the clerks where i normally buy tickets and none of them has seen a winner over $200, im taking a break from scratchers, i have better luck on the fantasy 5 and pick 3

CA
                United States
                Member #117918
                October 18, 2011
                3 Posts
                Posted: October 18, 2011, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I feel robbed.  I went to an automatic machine at a CVS and got the following:

$60

# 4 to #9 were all losers.

I went back and put another $40 in there

got #1, 2 and 0 then it said sold out.  I'm guessing #3 may have been on the display case?

In any case, #1 was a winner, only a free ticket.  $90 spent and only got $10 ticket back.  GL to you all but I think I'm done with this game.  I know no one bought any between my buys.

CA
                  United States
                  Member #117918
                  October 18, 2011
                  3 Posts
                  Posted: October 31, 2011, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

So I couldn't stop myself from buying these.

I ended up buying 5 rolls last night with a friend.  Our worst roll was $275 and best roll was $450.  Our net loss was $770 after purchasing 5 full rolls.  Our biggest winner was $100.  Just an FYI if there are others out there looking to buy full rolls.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                    Los Angeles, California
                    United States
                    Member #103813
                    January 5, 2011
                    1530 Posts
                    Posted: November 1, 2011, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

So I couldn't stop myself from buying these.

I ended up buying 5 rolls last night with a friend.  Our worst roll was $275 and best roll was $450.  Our net loss was $770 after purchasing 5 full rolls.  Our biggest winner was $100.  Just an FYI if there are others out there looking to buy full rolls.

So far I bought about 100 of these here and there.

Hit $100 3 times and $200 1 time but nothing higher and am about break even overall, better return than I've gotten with our $5 scratchers.

CA lotto seems to be very excited about this game with their back to back press releases. So I'd imagine that this introductory $10 scratcher is a sign of more to come, possibly following along the lines of other state lotteries with more higher denomination scratch games.

http://www.calottery.com/Media/CurrentQuarter/MediaAdvisory_10-21.htm

http://www.calottery.com/Media/CurrentQuarter/MediaAdvisory_10-25.htm

http://www.calottery.com/Media/CurrentQuarter/MediaAdvisory_10-27.htm

LA CA
                      United States
                      Member #118691
                      November 6, 2011
                      416 Posts
                      Posted: November 18, 2011, 12:54 am - IP Logged

Bought 2 today and won nothing.

laguna hills, ca
                        United States
                        Member #116009
                        September 2, 2011
                        48 Posts
                        Posted: November 18, 2011, 2:23 pm - IP Logged

Went to the smoke shop to get some smokes and decided to buy one and won $200! I got one yesterday and won $100! All single purchases, so far I've won $50, $100, $200 and a lot of $15 and $20's