Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Mystical Investigators: Deus ex machina = LOTTERY ??

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4508 Posts
Posted: October 1, 2011, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

For your consideration, I put before you Deus ex machina = LOTTERY (translation: god from the machine)

Bottom Line Brief:  An improbale solution, artifically introduced to resolve a difficulty or untangle a dramtic plot such as predicting the next upcoming lottery numbers.

Dosier:In many classical Greek dramas a god showed up out of nowhere to cause a miraculous twist @ a crucial point in the play. This devine intrusion was referred to as 'theos OK mechanes' literally god from the machine, beacuse of the symbolic figure of the god was lowered on to the satge by a cane. In modern usage the term is Latin 'deus ex machina' & refers to a story in whuich a sudden event unexpectedly brings about resolution to an utterly baffling problem.

As appearentely most lottery systems do not perfrorm as expected,  could we also be the beneficiary of such a intervention by  seeking an extrordinary out of the box power source?

Note Bene: In classic times or modern, it is said that the only way to predict the future is by projecting or creating it.

For those inclined; would be interested in your relevant thoughts >>>>>

Thanks in advance for sharing your advanced thinking......Wink

EddessaKnight Note

LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4508 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2011, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

For your consideration, I put before you Deus ex machina = LOTTERY (translation: god from the machine)

Bottom Line Brief:  An improbale solution, artifically introduced to resolve a difficulty or untangle a dramtic plot such as predicting the next upcoming lottery numbers.

Dosier:In many classical Greek dramas a god showed up out of nowhere to cause a miraculous twist @ a crucial point in the play. This devine intrusion was referred to as 'theos OK mechanes' literally god from the machine, beacuse of the symbolic figure of the god was lowered on to the satge by a cane. In modern usage the term is Latin 'deus ex machina' & refers to a story in whuich a sudden event unexpectedly brings about resolution to an utterly baffling problem.

As appearentely most lottery systems do not perfrorm as expected,  could we also be the beneficiary of such a intervention by  seeking an extrordinary out of the box power source?

Note Bene: In classic times or modern, it is said that the only way to predict the future is by projecting or creating it.

EddessaKnight Note

NOTE BENE:

Deus ex Machina - only God can save us‏

In an interview with Der Spiegel in 1966, German philosopher Martin Heidegger said regarding the world's problems, "Only a god can save us." Heidegger: "I think the only possibility of salvation left to us is to prepare readiness, through thinking and poetry, for the appearance of the god or for the absence of the god during the decline." As we witness the global economy being driven to the brink, one cannot help but desire a "deus ex machina" to manifest itself & correct our common plight.

An interesting but not altogether surprising point to ponder-

Good Sunday Blessings,

EddessaKnight

LAS VEGAS
      United States
      Member #47729
      November 22, 2006
      4508 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2011, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

NOTE BENE:

Deus ex Machina - only God can save us‏

In an interview with Der Spiegel in 1966, German philosopher Martin Heidegger said regarding the world's problems, "Only a god can save us." Heidegger: "I think the only possibility of salvation left to us is to prepare readiness, through thinking and poetry, for the appearance of the god or for the absence of the god during the decline." As we witness the global economy being driven to the brink, one cannot help but desire a "deus ex machina" to manifest itself & correct our common plight.

An interesting but not altogether surprising point to ponder-

Good Sunday Blessings,

EddessaKnight

Interesting Plot Examples of Deis ex Machina from Stephen King 's stories:

In the "Stand" by Stephen King the hand of God literally appears at the end & detonates a nuclear warhead @ gambling Las Vegas, destroying all of the evil characters in the book (with the exception of Randall Flagg, who survives, without explanation, later awaking on a beach).

~

Next Stephen King's Dark Tower series contains a particularly explicit deus ex machina — the author himself (who is introduced as a character in the plot) writes a note that is absorbed into the protagonist's world & appears in time to help rescue Susannah & Roland from a seemingly hopeless situation in the final book. The note itself contains the words:                                         "Here comes the deus ex machina".

(examples from Wikipedia)

machina Vibes???

EddessaKnight Note

Opti-Mystic's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg

Bahamas
        Member #91247
        May 13, 2010
        151 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2011, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight Note

The future is already in place, EdessaKnight ... only "God" (i.e. our Heavenly Father, Creator of Everything) can change it, or allow it to be changed.  If the future were not already "mapped out" we would not be able to dream about and prophesy future events that have not yet occured.  Heavenly Father gives some of us this ability/gift to "see" into this "destiny" either to warn us or give us an opportunity to change it for the better.  I am a "Seer",  so I have some experience in this area.

That's why the first part of my username is not only to indicate the OPTImism (faith, hope, which I have in the plans for good which the Heavenly Father has for his people, but also the gift of vision/OPTIcal.

The "Winners Circle"  is incomplete without me!

LAS VEGAS
          United States
          Member #47729
          November 22, 2006
          4508 Posts
          Posted: October 4, 2011, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

The future is already in place, EdessaKnight ... only "God" (i.e. our Heavenly Father, Creator of Everything) can change it, or allow it to be changed.  If the future were not already "mapped out" we would not be able to dream about and prophesy future events that have not yet occured.  Heavenly Father gives some of us this ability/gift to "see" into this "destiny" either to warn us or give us an opportunity to change it for the better.  I am a "Seer",  so I have some experience in this area.

That's why the first part of my username is not only to indicate the OPTImism (faith, hope, which I have in the plans for good which the Heavenly Father has for his people, but also the gift of vision/OPTIcal.

Greetings Opti-Mystic and thank you for your inspiring message & personal ntroduction - sorry about my slow response as my biz affairs keep me from posting on a daily basis.

The oldest known religious order, the Zorastians from Babylon, are historically credited with the belief in monothisim & produced a powerful priest/scholar mystical sect called the MAGI. They hypotheized, similar to you, that all in the Universe was God created & centered - put there (preordained) for mankind's discovery. All of it: alfa- numberical formulas, colors, musical notations, etc. just awaiting our discovery  - so, in essence,  man actually creates nothing only unwraps the gifts that are waiting off stage in the wings.

These inquiring astronomers/astrologist who pursued the great Star of David revelation to Bethleham was a foretelling in Hebrew Torah which was outside their own earlier Zorastian tradition.

Opti-Mystic, could it be that these Bibilcal Magi believd that it was possible, not only follow, but to change our stars???

Thanks in advance

EddessaKnight Note