Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 6:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Changing topics

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Harve$t Moon.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
GEORGIA
United States
Member #64238
August 22, 2008
9836 Posts
Posted: October 2, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

LP family  does anyone know how to change your topic or the subject from a previous posting?  Instead of posting a new topic each month, I just want to continue on with the previous posting?  I hope i'm making sense.

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    41928 Posts
    Posted: October 2, 2011, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

Just use the same name with a different month, I guess it depends on what the topic might be.

HyperBe Happy.

GEORGIA
      United States
      Member #64238
      August 22, 2008
      9836 Posts
      Posted: October 2, 2011, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Just use the same name with a different month, I guess it depends on what the topic might be.

For instance last month I posted numbers for the pic 4.  The topic Georgia Pic 4 for 9/1/2011 to 9/30/2011.  I don't want to start a topic for Georgia Pic 4 for 10/1/2011 to 10/31/2011.  I want to change it to something like Georgia Pic 4's.(without posting a month in the topic)

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        41928 Posts
        Posted: October 2, 2011, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Well, Ask Todd.

HyperBe Happy.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23348 Posts
          Posted: October 2, 2011, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, that cannot be done.  Topics are not supposed to stay open "forever".  They should always have an end point.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

GEORGIA
            United States
            Member #64238
            August 22, 2008
            9836 Posts
            Posted: October 2, 2011, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Sorry, that cannot be done.  Topics are not supposed to stay open "forever".  They should always have an end point.

Thank you Todd

four4me's avatar - gate1
              MD
              United States
              Member #1701
              June 18, 2003
              8391 Posts
              Posted: October 2, 2011, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I thought a topic stayed open as long as people kept posting to it.

Coin toss has a topic that's been open since December.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
                B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: October 2, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

I thought a topic stayed open as long as people kept posting to it.

Coin toss has a topic that's been open since December.

I believe there is a time limit for which the topic title can be edited. If people keep posting, then the topic stays open. However editing a posts title or comments have a time limit.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10389 Posts
                  Posted: October 3, 2011, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

Interesting you picked one of my topics as there are others by other people that go back further than December. I try to keep mine either informative or entertaining in a humrous way.

There's plenty of discussions about what people are gooing to do with non-existent winnings from jackpots never hit, and oh so many predictions not played. So I just try to lighten things up sometimes. Sorry if that upsets you.

What would be your answer to the "So what test" about the thread going back to December?

(A "So what test" is when someone makes a statement and someone else says "So what?" to get the first person to back up the statement.)

Todd,

I'm not so sure about topics having an end point. Some of the "lottery" discussions that turned into religious arguments should have never went on for long. Conversely, one thread titled "Dream number requests" that would be continuous would probably eliminate 95% of the topic titles in mystical. As someone posted recently a simple search for a dream in the search feature, such as "bird" dream would turn up hits.

But instead there are many, many threads with the title of dream help, dream number request, dream help plz, etc.....

The thread by sully16 and Harvest Moon about mystical stuff is very informative. Since there are encyclopedias written about such things why should such a thread have to end?

Your movie, your the director, just my $.02

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23348 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2011, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

Interesting you picked one of my topics as there are others by other people that go back further than December. I try to keep mine either informative or entertaining in a humrous way.

There's plenty of discussions about what people are gooing to do with non-existent winnings from jackpots never hit, and oh so many predictions not played. So I just try to lighten things up sometimes. Sorry if that upsets you.

What would be your answer to the "So what test" about the thread going back to December?

(A "So what test" is when someone makes a statement and someone else says "So what?" to get the first person to back up the statement.)

Todd,

I'm not so sure about topics having an end point. Some of the "lottery" discussions that turned into religious arguments should have never went on for long. Conversely, one thread titled "Dream number requests" that would be continuous would probably eliminate 95% of the topic titles in mystical. As someone posted recently a simple search for a dream in the search feature, such as "bird" dream would turn up hits.

But instead there are many, many threads with the title of dream help, dream number request, dream help plz, etc.....

The thread by sully16 and Harvest Moon about mystical stuff is very informative. Since there are encyclopedias written about such things why should such a thread have to end?

Everyone would run things differently.  I'm just describing how I run things here, so that people can understand it.  I do always appreciate hearing alternative viewpoints though, so thank you for your thoughts on this.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                      Member #76986
                      July 10, 2009
                      8068 Posts
                      Posted: October 3, 2011, 7:19 pm - IP Logged

four4me,

Todd,

"The thread by Sully16 and Harvest Moon about mystical stuff is very informative."

Thanks for your very nice compliment, Coin Toss! Sun Smiley  We really appreciate it! 

Please click on the link and rate our topic with your 5 Stars stamp

Yours is missing! Yes Nod

5 stars    No Coin Toss' 5 Stars, yet!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229407

Thanks, Coin Toss!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10389 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2011, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Done!

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          51029 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

I believe there is a time limit for which the topic title can be edited. If people keep posting, then the topic stays open. However editing a posts title or comments have a time limit.

Depends on the Authority Level of the User.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
                            Member #76986
                            July 10, 2009
                            8068 Posts
                            Posted: October 4, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged