Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question for programmers!

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by lotterybrando.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
homeland security
United States
Member #82523
November 15, 2009
98 Posts
Posted: October 6, 2011, 10:20 am - IP Logged

Can someone point me in the right direction concerning the best C++ type programming to run instead of Macros?  I think I am on to a great idea, but I need to see if a C++ written or equivalent program can run my logic faster, instead of using visual basic macros!  Are there any good free programming I can download, to write my logic? What the programming needs to do well  is filter maybe billions of data! The program needs to have good look-up table functions! I will be filtering like crazy with this program- the max lines(rows) will may have about 6000 plus lines of 0's and 1's. Each line will max, will use about 400 characters of 0's and 1's.  Basically I'm trying to implement excel into a C programming atmosphere, using the equivalent same filtering methods that excel uses. Or do you think I'm better with just sticking to excel's visual basic?  The last programing I used in college was C++ for students. It may take me a while, but I believe I can learn it again without too many problems.

United States
    Member #67042
    November 14, 2008
    72 Posts
    Posted: October 6, 2011, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

Can someone point me in the right direction concerning the best C++ type programming to run instead of Macros?  I think I am on to a great idea, but I need to see if a C++ written or equivalent program can run my logic faster, instead of using visual basic macros!  Are there any good free programming I can download, to write my logic? What the programming needs to do well  is filter maybe billions of data! The program needs to have good look-up table functions! I will be filtering like crazy with this program- the max lines(rows) will may have about 6000 plus lines of 0's and 1's. Each line will max, will use about 400 characters of 0's and 1's.  Basically I'm trying to implement excel into a C programming atmosphere, using the equivalent same filtering methods that excel uses. Or do you think I'm better with just sticking to excel's visual basic?  The last programing I used in college was C++ for students. It may take me a while, but I believe I can learn it again without too many problems.

Hey Thinktank,

Do a search on YouTube! Look up "the best C++ type programming"  and how to conver visual basic to C#. There is alot of useful information on it other than the normal rubbish!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: October 6, 2011, 12:59 pm - IP Logged

You may want to ask JADELottery about this; I think he's the C++ guy around here.

Some people like to claim one language is "better" than another, and the coders here have their own preferences, but I say go with whatever language you are best at.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

homeland security
        United States
        Member #82523
        November 15, 2009
        98 Posts
        Posted: October 6, 2011, 1:04 pm - IP Logged

thanks guys I will give it a try! Man it's like i'm so close to getting this challenge resolved; however, I'm sure most would say the same thing with their own project :-?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: October 7, 2011, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

thanks guys I will give it a try! Man it's like i'm so close to getting this challenge resolved; however, I'm sure most would say the same thing with their own project :-?

Your're right about that, the LP archives are full of postings by others who thought the same way and eventually gave up or stopped posting about it.  I'm sure many of them continue their projects but just don't post about them any longer.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

homeland security
            United States
            Member #82523
            November 15, 2009
            98 Posts
            Posted: October 7, 2011, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

rjoh, I know you've been here for a while, have any of your ideas bought you a stable win, or do it still boil down to luck? What was the most brilliant idea you came accross this website, as far as close to reliable technique?

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
              The Quantum Master
              West Concord, MN
              United States
              Member #21
              December 7, 2001
              3675 Posts
              Posted: October 7, 2011, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Your best bet is to go in to C# as it is very similar to C++.

There are some converts out there online that can convert VB to C# and I use sometimes because I work in VB, C, C++, and C#.

You can try http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/vb-to-csharp/ to convert the code from VB to C#.

Also, you may need to massage the code a bit to make it work properly depending on the Complier software like Microsoft Visual C#.

We have Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and works well with both VB, C++, and C#.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
              Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
              Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
              Knowledge is Beyond Belief
              Wisdom is Not Censored
              Douglas Paul Smallish
              Jehocifer

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19828 Posts
                Posted: October 8, 2011, 2:47 am - IP Logged

rjoh, I know you've been here for a while, have any of your ideas bought you a stable win, or do it still boil down to luck? What was the most brilliant idea you came accross this website, as far as close to reliable technique?

For the most part my experiences have been with MM, PB and Ohio's 6/49 games.  I've had a couple of short winning streaks that included several 3of6 with a 4of6 within 3-4 drawings. A couple of weeks ago I increased my plays to 45 lines instead of my usual 10-20 lines and matched 4of6 twice in one drawing but the closest I came to winning a jackpot was in 2002 when I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Super Lotto plus. 

While I've almost always spent more than I've ever won, lately most of the winning combinations have been within the parameters I've used to pick the combinations I played so I feel a big win is within my grasp.  I can only speculate about what might had happened had I played a few more lines more often.

Playing the lottery is entertaining for me and I never spend more than I can afford to lose so win or lose I enjoy coming up with ideas for the system I use to pick the combinations I play.

* There are no reliable techniques for winning lotteries except playing every possible combination.

Evil Looking       

homeland security
                  United States
                  Member #82523
                  November 15, 2009
                  98 Posts
                  Posted: October 8, 2011, 10:09 am - IP Logged

For the most part my experiences have been with MM, PB and Ohio's 6/49 games.  I've had a couple of short winning streaks that included several 3of6 with a 4of6 within 3-4 drawings. A couple of weeks ago I increased my plays to 45 lines instead of my usual 10-20 lines and matched 4of6 twice in one drawing but the closest I came to winning a jackpot was in 2002 when I matched 5of6 in Ohio's Super Lotto plus. 

While I've almost always spent more than I've ever won, lately most of the winning combinations have been within the parameters I've used to pick the combinations I played so I feel a big win is within my grasp.  I can only speculate about what might had happened had I played a few more lines more often.

Playing the lottery is entertaining for me and I never spend more than I can afford to lose so win or lose I enjoy coming up with ideas for the system I use to pick the combinations I play.

* There are no reliable techniques for winning lotteries except playing every possible combination.

maybe if I get this gig done and it works at least 50% of the time, I can help critique your method, as I'm always trying to help someone! In a way from what I'm doing, I realize that math is more of an enemy instead of a friend.  The problem with math is the subjectivity of interpretation, so by doing my method a certain way, I actually defy the mathmatic prone to question! I'm not going to get too excited, but my program is almost fiinished finding a handful of vowels, then once I obtain those, decrypting those vowels would be my next hike! =/  I will have to see will they fit a paragraph on an old drawing, and if it does, I will have some kind of reference point.  It would have been nice if my computer could calculate all of the most common vowels *sigh*

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: October 8, 2011, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Those 4-of-6 prizes over there aren't too shabby. $70! Big Smile

Here, the 4-of-6 prize is about $40. Yawn

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19828 Posts
                      Posted: October 8, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Those 4-of-6 prizes over there aren't too shabby. $70! Big Smile

Here, the 4-of-6 prize is about $40. Yawn

A 4of6 is nice but with odds of 1:1032, they're few and far between the way I normally play.  It's those more common 3of6 that only pay $2 that's frustrating. 

With Ohio Classic Lotto continuing to roll at $48.3M+, this is the time to get crazy and play a few more lines than I normally do.

Evil Looking       

homeland security
                        United States
                        Member #82523
                        November 15, 2009
                        98 Posts
                        Posted: October 8, 2011, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

A 4of6 is nice but with odds of 1:1032, they're few and far between the way I normally play.  It's those more common 3of6 that only pay $2 that's frustrating. 

With Ohio Classic Lotto continuing to roll at $48.3M+, this is the time to get crazy and play a few more lines than I normally do.

so ohio clasic is a 6/49 game? how often does it rises to the millions? And how long do it takes it to rise to the millions?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19828 Posts
                          Posted: October 9, 2011, 12:47 am - IP Logged

so ohio clasic is a 6/49 game? how often does it rises to the millions? And how long do it takes it to rise to the millions?

It seldom get much beyond $14M as OCL since it starts at $1M and $100-$200K is added to the jackpot after each drawing. 

When Ohio had Super Lotto (6/49+) and added $2M to the jackpot after every drawing, it got that high quite a few times but that was back in the days when out of state players played Ohio games.  Once PowerBall and BigGame were in the neighboring states, that stopped.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19828 Posts
                            Posted: October 21, 2011, 7:59 am - IP Logged

I checked the number of OCL jackpots won since it started almost ten years ago  and there were only seven. Reading about jackpot winners from all over the world at LP can make winning a lottery jackpot seem more common than it really is.

01/22/07    started
                            06/04/07    $14.1M
                            09/22/07    $ 9.0M
                            07/02/08    $24.6M
                            08/02/08    $ 3.0M
                            09/02/09    $36.8M
                            01/02/10    $10.5M
                            05/03/10    $ 9.2M

Evil Looking       

United States
                              Member #118056
                              October 21, 2011
                              2 Posts
                              Posted: October 21, 2011, 8:02 am - IP Logged

I am a coder... Anything PHP / Mysql Related should get the job done... What's your project?  Is it stats based?