Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

need opinions please !!

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 years ago by seek14u.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Inverness, Fl
United States
Member #117082
September 26, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2011, 3:15 am - IP Logged

okay, as my subject title says I need opinions. I love playing instant lottery tickets, doing okay on it so far. I just started about a month ago, so I am basically a newbie. I only want to risk 40 dollars right now, more when I get my tax refund in Feb, but right now 40 dollars is all I have. So I was thinking if I take the 40 buy all the instants I can, hopefully make a few dollars profit, turn in my winnings, then go to another store and do the same thing, hopefully make a few dollar winnings, go to the next store, etc, hopefully you see my point:). I am not looking to get rich, but if it happends, that would be awesome, I am just looking for extra income. Do you think this would work? thanks for your opinions.  Pam

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
    Kunming
    China
    Member #57910
    January 23, 2008
    3626 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2011, 4:05 am - IP Logged

okay, as my subject title says I need opinions. I love playing instant lottery tickets, doing okay on it so far. I just started about a month ago, so I am basically a newbie. I only want to risk 40 dollars right now, more when I get my tax refund in Feb, but right now 40 dollars is all I have. So I was thinking if I take the 40 buy all the instants I can, hopefully make a few dollars profit, turn in my winnings, then go to another store and do the same thing, hopefully make a few dollar winnings, go to the next store, etc, hopefully you see my point:). I am not looking to get rich, but if it happends, that would be awesome, I am just looking for extra income. Do you think this would work? thanks for your opinions.  Pam

Bad move. IMHO. Look at it from an odds point of view. Why not play pick 3 and then when you win with that, use some of that money to play instants. 40 bucks goes really fast with instant because you can't really track them not like the Pick-3. Feburary is more than three months away. Look at who's a good predictor for your state here and follow them and when you hit, play a few bucks on instants.

Play to win!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: October 8, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Pam if it was that easy, we'd all be rich. Like said above, $40 goes really fast.

We all wish we could go in with $40 bux and bounce from store to store making a profit at each. The Lottery is setup to make money, not provide a steady income for us.

Good luck to whatever you decide to go with. Buying scratchers in FL is a gamble as with any state.

Personally if you have your heart set on scratchers, go with the $10 and $20 ones as they tend to have the best odds & higher payouts.

On most of thd $20 games, there is a 1 in 30 chance of hitting a $100 bux.

If you want a $10 games the new "Holiday Millions" seems to be doing well in my area. Most games usually have decent payouts in the beginning to get players hooked. Then they die down after a few weeks

TN
        United States
        Member #78133
        August 8, 2009
        16 Posts
        Posted: October 15, 2011, 5:24 am - IP Logged

Better off taking the $40 and buying Sunday newspaper delivery for the coupons - some stores will double them, what you can't use maybe you can trade off or auction online.

Otherwise, hit the flea markets and try to find something to resell.

The odds are against you in this - don't bet what you can't afford to lose.