Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Past winning numbers missing

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Brooklyn,New York
United States
Member #117590
October 9, 2011
7 Posts
Posted: October 11, 2011, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

I've subscribed to the platinum membership to in order to receive past winning numbers for the pick 3 game for New York. I've received the past winning numbers going back to the beginning which is in 1980. However, there are a total of 47 dates with their corresponding numbers missing from the entire list. This is not including Christmas on which there is no drawing. Where are the missing numbers or what happened? Were there any drawings on these dates or what? This is even the case with the listing I've received from the New York lottery itself with the same exact dates. That's why I went searching around and ended up on here.

Member #0
    January 1, 2000
    0 Posts
    Posted: October 11, 2011, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

no draw on MLK days and valentine days

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7295 Posts
      Posted: October 11, 2011, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I've subscribed to the platinum membership to in order to receive past winning numbers for the pick 3 game for New York. I've received the past winning numbers going back to the beginning which is in 1980. However, there are a total of 47 dates with their corresponding numbers missing from the entire list. This is not including Christmas on which there is no drawing. Where are the missing numbers or what happened? Were there any drawings on these dates or what? This is even the case with the listing I've received from the New York lottery itself with the same exact dates. That's why I went searching around and ended up on here.

I'd assume this site got the numbers from the New York site and they probably have the explanation. Have you tried the search feature where you can enter up to ten numbers and see how many and the date each number hit straight, box, front pair, and back pair?

BTW, welcome to LP.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: October 11, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

I am not aware of any data missing for New York.  Perhaps you are mistaken. However, if you can point out an example of a specific date that is missing, please communicate that information to me privately, and I will be happy to look at it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Brooklyn,New York
          United States
          Member #117590
          October 9, 2011
          7 Posts
          Posted: October 11, 2011, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

It looks like this mystery is now solved. I took a closer look at the dates with both calendars for 1980 and 1981 and all the dates land on Sundays. This must mean that in the very beginning of the game they skipped Sundays and ,therefore, there was no drawing on Sunday for this game and probably the others too. It looks like the NY Lottery was wrong when they told me that the numbers are missing due to bad record keeping. If you check out the dates for Sundays starting from 9/7/1980 until 7/26/1981 you will see all the dates I'm referring to. Starting from 8/2/1981 the numbers for Sundays start appearing. I guess this is when they decided to include Sundays. Interestingly, the number drawn on that day for 8/2/1981 is 212 which matched(es) up with the area code for New York. Good old Big Apple.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23259 Posts
            Posted: October 11, 2011, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

It looks like this mystery is now solved. I took a closer look at the dates with both calendars for 1980 and 1981 and all the dates land on Sundays. This must mean that in the very beginning of the game they skipped Sundays and ,therefore, there was no drawing on Sunday for this game and probably the others too. It looks like the NY Lottery was wrong when they told me that the numbers are missing due to bad record keeping. If you check out the dates for Sundays starting from 9/7/1980 until 7/26/1981 you will see all the dates I'm referring to. Starting from 8/2/1981 the numbers for Sundays start appearing. I guess this is when they decided to include Sundays. Interestingly, the number drawn on that day for 8/2/1981 is 212 which matched(es) up with the area code for New York. Good old Big Apple.

That's why it's usually best to send me a note privately.  People who don't read all the way through the thread may get the impression that there is incomplete data (or erroneous data), when in fact the data is excellent and complete.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!