Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 2:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Any Program works sometimes but No Program works all the time

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Lucky Loser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
Member #91718
May 23, 2010
690 Posts
Posted: October 14, 2011, 12:48 am - IP Logged

I'm speaking from experience. I have played on paper and this is so true. Please check your state and see how many times a month your system really works.

What is it that works for you most of the month?

I will share my later got to go for now.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
    Whiskey Island
    United States
    Member #90216
    April 24, 2010
    12758 Posts
    Posted: October 14, 2011, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Cupcake10 ,

That is so true . I just had a major hit in Louisiana Pick 4 then my system went cold for 2 days showed a no play for each day .

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: October 14, 2011, 11:26 am - IP Logged

I'm speaking from experience. I have played on paper and this is so true. Please check your state and see how many times a month your system really works.

There is a wax and wane to everything in life.

Your system will work for a time and then it won't.

Your luck will be good for a time and then it will be bad.

Some people would attribute your system working for a time as simply one part of the ebb and flow of your luck.

And who can prove them wrong?

By and large, we're all just along for the ride, hoping to benefit from some fortunate happenstance.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: October 14, 2011, 12:26 pm - IP Logged

When your system works it's called good luck and when your system don't work it's called bad luck..No in between..Good or bad luck...

Pure luck

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: October 14, 2011, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

Most LP members have played lotteries for a while so most speak from experience.  Unless they are winning more now than they ever did, experience hasn't taught them much.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49835 Posts
            Posted: October 14, 2011, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Systems are Based on a Snapshot in Time!

They are Much Like Baby Pictures: Which Don't Reveal What One Will Look Like at Age: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: October 14, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Systems are Based on a Snapshot in Time!

They are Much Like Baby Pictures: Which Don't Reveal What One Will Look Like at Age: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 100!

My system is dynamic and is updated to the most recent drawing each time I use it and still haven't produced a jackpot winner.  I assume everyone who uses a system that looks at past drawings include the most recent ones too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                Texas
                United States
                Member #86154
                January 30, 2010
                1649 Posts
                Posted: October 14, 2011, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Cupcake10, the biggest problem with the pick games is this: With the state payout structure set up the way it is, a player must remove so many combinations in order to make any type of profit. See, numbers and money go hand in hand with these games as we begin at 1,000 total combinations. Well, the maximum payout for a $1 str8 hit is only $500 and only $250 for a .50 str8 hit. What's being represented here is based on (500) and (250) numbers, or, 1/2 and 1/4 of the total numbers involved. Basically, a player needs to spend less than $500 for a profit on a $1 str8 hit, and, less than $250 for a .50 str8 hit to realize profit or a "true win".

There are exceptions where players submit boxed playslips and will hit str8. This is very desirable because it costs a lot less to play boxed and you still get a str8 payout. Then, there's the str8 play which produces only a boxed hit and ultimately recovers only a portion of the total cost...putting the player in the red. The states have all the advantages, period, because they keep the payout to maximum numbers played ratio in the negative. In other words, the less numbers you play, the less chance of actually winning and making money. More dedicated combinations can be played which greatly increases the hit possibility at a higher cost along with a lesser profit but, the risk of missing the mark and losing a chunk of money equally exists.

Here is the real kicker. A player really isn't making profit or winning money until they've fully recovered all monies played or invested...PERIOD. Until this has happened, they're only either winning back a little here and there, or, still going in the hole. Most players never even take this into account when they realize they've matched the winning numbers. It's like a business...until that initial loan is paid off, salaries are paid out, insurance, etc. etc. no profit is realized. This may sound depressing but, it's the truth and the only way to look at it from a financial perspective. There are alternatives to playing state which will give the player much, much better odds of "truly winning" and "making money" that they can actuall "see". However, legislation has most people afraid to step up to a better world of enjoying these games when, in fact, there's nothing to be afraid of at all.

Better coverage along with more money is the solution here, and, the only way to rebound monies already lost a little quicker. I realize that our states do well with the money they take in but, they could so easily pay out more and allow the players to see more consistent wins. The future of lotto will truly be playing online and not running out to the store to run a bunch of paper tickets like I use to back in the day...only to continue losing. This is a bit drawn out but, I'm just trying to shed some light on the darkness of playing these games in their current structure. The state doesn't miss my money and I surely don't miss just giving it to them either.

grwurston's avatar - 144
                  Let's Go Rangers!!!
                  bel air maryland
                  United States
                  Member #90251
                  April 24, 2010
                  4884 Posts
                  Posted: October 15, 2011, 12:22 am - IP Logged

Lucky Loser, I don't completely agree with your opening paragraph where you say that what is being represented is 1/2 or 1/4 of the total numbers involved. Whether you play $1 straight or .50 straight doesn't change the total  of the numbers played. Playing $1 or .50 only changes the amount you would win. I could play 500 numbers for $1 each or 500 numbers for .50 each. If I won I would only break even, but playing one or the other does not reduce or change the amount of numbers I played. If you played 250 numbers at .50 each it would cost $125 so you could make a profit as you would win $250.

I do agree that the player should remove as many combinations as possible to realize a profit. Personally, my approach is; what can I do to put the odds in my favor. Removing doubles and triples from the 1,000 numbers is a good start. Plus, remove the all even, all odd, all low, or all high digit numbers. You will now be left with 82 boxed cominations which will hit 49.2% of the time. You can now use your tracking or whatever systems you prefer, to reduce the list even further. You are not going to hit every day if there is a such a system at all. But you will increase your odds

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

Lucky Loser's avatar - bucks
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #86154
                    January 30, 2010
                    1649 Posts
                    Posted: October 15, 2011, 1:11 am - IP Logged

Lucky Loser, I don't completely agree with your opening paragraph where you say that what is being represented is 1/2 or 1/4 of the total numbers involved. Whether you play $1 straight or .50 straight doesn't change the total  of the numbers played. Playing $1 or .50 only changes the amount you would win. I could play 500 numbers for $1 each or 500 numbers for .50 each. If I won I would only break even, but playing one or the other does not reduce or change the amount of numbers I played. If you played 250 numbers at .50 each it would cost $125 so you could make a profit as you would win $250.

I do agree that the player should remove as many combinations as possible to realize a profit. Personally, my approach is; what can I do to put the odds in my favor. Removing doubles and triples from the 1,000 numbers is a good start. Plus, remove the all even, all odd, all low, or all high digit numbers. You will now be left with 82 boxed cominations which will hit 49.2% of the time. You can now use your tracking or whatever systems you prefer, to reduce the list even further. You are not going to hit every day if there is a such a system at all. But you will increase your odds

Actually, the $500 and $250 str8 payouts are based on a fixed percentage ratio. Ultimately, the player can only effectively even begin with a total of (500) or (250) total numbers and subtract from there to build profit. See, they automatically remove "half the numbers" with the $500 payout because money and combinations are one in the same. I do get your point, though, and I probably wasn't making myself clear enough. However, you've still validated my original point in the last sentence of your first paragraph where you mention playing (250) numbers...it's still 1/4 of the total possible combinations in the end. Make more sense now?