Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 8:42 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio machines are down (at least in Toledo area)

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #115803
August 28, 2011
127 Posts
Posted: October 17, 2011, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Apparently the machines for all of the online games in Ohio have been down for at least an hour.  (Bummer, considering that the Classic Lotto drawing with the big jackpot is at 7:30 pm, tickets should have been on sale until 7 pm.)

I stopped to buy tickets on my way home from work - machines weren't working.  Called my mother-in-law who lives in another part of town - machines weren't working at the gas station near her house either.

She called my father-in-law, who is at a bowling alley on the other side of town.  Machines were down there too.

Is this happening statewide, or is it something specific to the Toledo area?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49835 Posts
    Posted: October 17, 2011, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

Apparently the machines for all of the online games in Ohio have been down for at least an hour.  (Bummer, considering that the Classic Lotto drawing with the big jackpot is at 7:30 pm, tickets should have been on sale until 7 pm.)

I stopped to buy tickets on my way home from work - machines weren't working.  Called my mother-in-law who lives in another part of town - machines weren't working at the gas station near her house either.

She called my father-in-law, who is at a bowling alley on the other side of town.  Machines were down there too.

Non Sequitur!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: October 17, 2011, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I went to three different gas stations before finding a terminal that was working.  Since I usually make out my play slips after 6:00, I was cutting it close.  One of the places had a few quick picks printed earlier they wanted to sell but I said "No Thanks". 

Even thought the clerks knew their machines weren't working, they wasted precious minutes of my time trying to make them work.  I appreciate when clerks tell me right away their terminal isn't working so I can go some where else before it's too late.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: October 17, 2011, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

Non Sequitur!

one of my fav. comics.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.