Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Changed My Life on TLC

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by kapla.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Nino224's avatar - Lottery-013.jpg
Miami
United States
Member #62793
July 9, 2008
673 Posts
Posted: October 19, 2011, 2:59 am - IP Logged

Anybody see last week's episode? Why do they keep profiling the same kind of nitwit? One guy blew through 3.5 mill in less than a year and a half. Another one spent $600,000 on cars alone, and another guy won 4.2 mill BEFORE taxes yet he's looking at mansions of more than 3 mill.

It's basically the same m.o. over and over. Just once I'd like to see somebody with some imagination and initiative who'll make a difference somewhere. Feed hungry children, start a scholarship fund, sponsor a school in disrepair, something!

Any moron can go out and buy a fleet of cars. I don't need a whole hour of that!

"...a chance to push everything aside, the circumstances that've controlled our lives, and do it our way now. Good, bad or otherwise. You'll maybe get lost in it, tied up in it a little bit, but if you work your way through that the real you shows up, I think. Maybe what's at your core deep down, maybe that comes out. Maybe that's what it's about." Mike Pace 

HiFi's avatar - police

United States
    Member #3792
    February 21, 2004
    198 Posts
    Posted: October 19, 2011, 6:14 am - IP Logged

it's their money, plus they are helping the economy if they are spending that much.

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
      Member #91
      January 19, 2002
      11927 Posts
      Posted: October 19, 2011, 6:44 am - IP Logged

Is that not where the taxes are supposed to go?

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: October 19, 2011, 6:53 am - IP Logged

Anybody see last week's episode? Why do they keep profiling the same kind of nitwit? One guy blew through 3.5 mill in less than a year and a half. Another one spent $600,000 on cars alone, and another guy won 4.2 mill BEFORE taxes yet he's looking at mansions of more than 3 mill.

It's basically the same m.o. over and over. Just once I'd like to see somebody with some imagination and initiative who'll make a difference somewhere. Feed hungry children, start a scholarship fund, sponsor a school in disrepair, something!

Any moron can go out and buy a fleet of cars. I don't need a whole hour of that!

have stopped watching the show my self

and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why some of these idiots insist on buying the fastest and blingiest cars and SUV they can find just to show off

I mean even in the most recent "dream car thread" I mean its Aston Martin this Ferrari that and have virtually no bloomin onion idea about the many offerings nore the proud racing heritage nore all the offerings

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49664 Posts
          Posted: October 19, 2011, 12:12 pm - IP Logged

Don't Watch the Whole Hour: Only Watch 5 Minutes! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49664 Posts
            Posted: October 19, 2011, 12:14 pm - IP Logged

Is that not where the taxes are supposed to go?

Although no government agency is willing to call the lottery a tax, it is none-the-less a source of implicit tax revenue.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49664 Posts
              Posted: October 19, 2011, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

have stopped watching the show my self

and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around why some of these idiots insist on buying the fastest and blingiest cars and SUV they can find just to show off

I mean even in the most recent "dream car thread" I mean its Aston Martin this Ferrari that and have virtually no bloomin onion idea about the many offerings nore the proud racing heritage nore all the offerings

Some of the people on Public Assistance are also Driving these Kinda Cars! Thud

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: October 19, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

They profile whatever type brings in the better ratings.

If they stuck to "decent and socially responsible" types, they'd have to interrupt every 20 minutes to tell you that if you like the programs they bring you to please consider a donation to support them. $10 donation for a pen, $50 for a totebag... Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: October 19, 2011, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

perhaps these are the people who auditions for Lottery Changed My Life What?

"You have to be in it to win it!"

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                    Member #32537
                    February 12, 2006
                    698 Posts
                    Posted: October 19, 2011, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

75.6 million , and he said around 25m atfer taxes

yes he can buy 600k worth of vechs

spent 14.4k on some 4 wheelers on show to boot

and he owns 4 house's and was shoppinh for  a 5th. 

hes not dumb, hes super rich, and if you have that kind of money, yes you can spend a ton and not be "dumb"

as for others, yes 1 idiot did buy all hes friends a car, and has nonething really left but hes girl and shop/stuff he has on him.

and lottoguy has a point, people who appear on lottery changed my life, are not trying to hide who they are. so right their not deep planners

any genius with lottery money would hide behind a lawyer via trust etc, and you never know they won the money. and sense their telling no one

ofc we never find out how they invested

the best lottery winners are ones you never find

just like best murders are the Ones never ever found out.

and i also remb a really smart young couple on them shows once, really smart. so their not all stupid.

Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #93503
                      July 1, 2010
                      453 Posts
                      Posted: October 19, 2011, 6:27 pm - IP Logged

They also said that the $14,400 he spent on the 4 wheelers is less then a week of interest on the money he invested.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: October 19, 2011, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

They profile whatever type brings in the better ratings.

If they stuck to "decent and socially responsible" types, they'd have to interrupt every 20 minutes to tell you that if you like the programs they bring you to please consider a donation to support them. $10 donation for a pen, $50 for a totebag... Wink

I agree, it'd be boring.

We have a generation or two weaned on The Jerry Springer Show.

If somebody doesn't get hit over the head with a chair once in a while, we lose interest.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3854 Posts
                          Posted: October 19, 2011, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I agree, it'd be boring.

We have a generation or two weaned on The Jerry Springer Show.

If somebody doesn't get hit over the head with a chair once in a while, we lose interest.

i find jerry springer very helpful.

at work i see ppl. watching the show in the breakroom.

and immed. know,i want nothing to do w/ them.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: October 19, 2011, 9:54 pm - IP Logged

i find jerry springer very helpful.

at work i see ppl. watching the show in the breakroom.

and immed. know,i want nothing to do w/ them.

LOL Very well put!

I see Jerry Springer type people every time I go to Waffle House (which ain't often). Puke

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                              Member #94616
                              July 24, 2010
                              4735 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2011, 4:45 am - IP Logged

it's their money, plus they are helping the economy if they are spending that much.

I Agree!