Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Ugh...

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 5 years ago by luckydos.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Tennessee
United States
Member #116216
September 6, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: October 26, 2011, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

I'm assuming most people hear study the Powerball as most as they can and maybe come up with their own numbers. As of lately, I've only done this for Tennessee Cash and have been a little "lazy" when it comes to Powerball and Mega Millions. Whenever I play by myself I just buy about 5-10 QPs at a time. Since the beginning of the year, I have matched only 1 PB or MB. How is this possible? Whenver I play PW or MM I have a 99% chance of not winning anything at all! It's very frustrating. I don't play all the time thinking I am going to hit the JP, hoping yes. However I can't win anything!! Anyone else have this experince while playing PW and using QPs? I am in Tennessee and I have my theories about our QP system lol.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: October 26, 2011, 1:23 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

I'm assuming most people hear study the Powerball as most as they can and maybe come up with their own numbers. As of lately, I've only done this for Tennessee Cash and have been a little "lazy" when it comes to Powerball and Mega Millions. Whenever I play by myself I just buy about 5-10 QPs at a time. Since the beginning of the year, I have matched only 1 PB or MB. How is this possible? Whenver I play PW or MM I have a 99% chance of not winning anything at all! It's very frustrating. I don't play all the time thinking I am going to hit the JP, hoping yes. However I can't win anything!! Anyone else have this experince while playing PW and using QPs? I am in Tennessee and I have my theories about our QP system lol.

been a little "lazy" when it comes to Powerball

Lots of PB players buy a few QPs and get the same results, your are not alone.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49725 Posts
      Posted: October 26, 2011, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

Ive heard that: Study the PowerBall!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: October 26, 2011, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

Keep two things in mind to keep things in perspective, Mike.

In Powerball, there are over 195 million combinations of numbers that can come up.

Out of those over 195 million combinations, you have to pick the right one. That is virtually impossible.

If that isn't hard enough, you're from Tennessee, which means you're laboring under the Evil-Eye of The Dragon Lady.

Abandon all hope and say hello to Jack Daniels.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7309 Posts
          Posted: October 26, 2011, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Hey,

The odds of matching just the bonus number is 63 to 1 for PB and 75 to 1 for MM. What it really means is players would have to buy 63 or 75 QPs before they can expect to match the bonus number. While the odds of matching five numbers is high for both games, it's slightly better for MM and it pays $50,000 more.

When the jackpots are high like PB is now, a $10 or $20 bet seems like a good idea, but we really can't expect to win anything.

Good Luck!

foemill's avatar - nw scandix.jpg
            TN
            United States
            Member #109927
            April 22, 2011
            3643 Posts
            Posted: October 27, 2011, 10:05 am - IP Logged

Hey,

MIKE BUY A FEW QP THEN PICK YOUR OWN NUMBERS. DON'T USE ANY FROM YOU QP YOU ALL READY KNOW THAT THEY DON'T HAVE THE WINING NUMBER.

GO VOLS.

luckydos's avatar - friends
              pennsylvania
              United States
              Member #118103
              October 22, 2011
              48 Posts
              Posted: October 27, 2011, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

I feel the same way, I think when you choose QP the computer gives you the least likely numbers to come up thats why I choose my own. Even with them changing the game Jan. 2012 the odds are 1 in 175 million but someones got to win. Good luck to everyone. :-)