Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 3:33 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone else participate in the Ohio Lottery focus group?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by nsv314.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #115803
August 28, 2011
127 Posts
Posted: October 27, 2011, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I was contacted to participate in a research study through the Ohio Lottery - they were testing out some new ideas for instant tickets.  (They had my e-mail address due to being registered on the Ohio Lottery website.)

It was a pretty interesting experience - it was done in an online live chat type setting.  I can't go into too much detail about specifics of what they asked, due to the confidentiality.  But it does sound like they have some interesting ideas for future instant games in Ohio.

Just curious if anyone else here participated.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22877 Posts
    Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:07 am - IP Logged

That seems like a move to promote more interest in the scratch off games...get the playing public's opinion

of what would make a better game. Sounds on the up and up if they didn't ask you for personal info or to

participate in anything more.

In PA I think they just print the same trash month after month and they are a faceless, heartless money

grubbing giant that takes it for granted that people will just play no matter how much thought is put into

the games. We get condensed versions of larger games, the same games...different colors DUH, the same

old match your number blah, blah, blah. It's like no one puts much thought into or cares to know what the

players would really like. I guess they don't have time to hear: We'd really like to win more on symbols, for

instance...or hey, how about just plain making more winners in a pack...

It's nice to know..at least Ohio is interested in more than just collecting the players money, no matter what

they throw out there.

United States
      Member #115803
      August 28, 2011
      127 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2011, 5:21 pm - IP Logged

It was definitely interesting.  They showed some different sample ticket designs and asked about the visual appeal of each design, among other things.

(We agreed to be bound by confidentiality, but I don't think its breaking any big secrets to very generally say that they showed some sample designs and asked our opinions.)