Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NC Holiday Green $1 scratch-off TERRIBLE

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by B$Rizzle.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
North Carolina
United States
Member #118191
October 24, 2011
11 Posts
Posted: November 1, 2011, 6:43 am - IP Logged

I've had terrible luck with the new $1 Holiday Green scratch-offs (game #263).  So much so that I've stopped buying them.  It's been out since Oct 18 and I bought the tickets about a week ago.  So it couldn't have been out for more than a week when I bought them.  I usually try new games whenever I see them.  I figure its better to buy new games because they have the most prizes remaining / highest odds. 

I went to my local Harris Teeter and bought a couple $5 Mega Bucks.  I had about $16 dollars left to spend and I saw the HG's with the "Holiday Game!" sticker over it.  So I bought 11 of them and spent the other $5 dollars on the 100K Treasure Tree (also a new holiday game.)  I always buy 10 or 20 $1 tickets at a time and always get back at least 25-50% or higher of the money spent, but I always win SOMETHING back, even if it's just a dollar... not so with the HG and 100K TT... I  eagerly scratched my 11 HG tickets, expecting to win a couple $1 or $2 prizes and a maybe a higher prize, but no... I scratched ticket after ticket waiting for a winning one, but it never came.  I had scratched 10 of them and was down to my final ticket.  I was hoping it would be a big winner and offset the losses.  I scratched it, nothing... I scratched the 100K TT and that one lost too. 

So I wasted $16 dollars, not much money, but I could've bought some other game and actually have won something. 

I went back to Harris Teeter a few days later and decided to give the HG another go.  I bought 20 more and scratched them.  This time I won a couple times.  I think total earnings was ~$7.  At least I got some of the money back. Unhappy  I haven't bought another HG since...

Maybe it's just me??  If anyone else has tried them tell me about your experiences.  Is this holiday release of new games just a scam by NCEL to get more money?  Seems like it.

North Carolina
    United States
    Member #118191
    October 24, 2011
    11 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2011, 5:39 pm - IP Logged

what have your experiences been with the holiday games?

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
      The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: November 13, 2011, 11:39 am - IP Logged

what have your experiences been with the holiday games?

I've had terrible luck with the new $1 Holiday Green scratch-offs (game #263)

Aren't all $1 games pretty terrible? They have the worst odds of any scratcher. What did you expect? no one is getting rich off the $1 scratchers!!!