Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CT Powerball winner claims to have lost ticket

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 5 years ago by marcie.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
603 Posts
Posted: November 7, 2011, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Well I truly hope he finds that winning ticket, I think that is what a good friend would wish on another good friend and if he reads this I hope he will remember that good friends always share..I will take ohh just a million dollars, tax free of course, and please make that in hundreds, fifties and twenties.  Neiman Marcus here I come!Lover

LOL< good one Iwannawinbig..I Agree!

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

cheryl59's avatar - center
    Va Beach
    United States
    Member #46651
    September 20, 2006
    1857 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

Interesting to see what happens. Might be a hoax. Whenever the jackpot is that big everyone "claims" to have a winning ticket. If is indeed true I hope they find it. Lottery commission will not pay unless there is proof, otherwise every Tom, Dick & Harry will claim to have lost a ticket.     

Thud

Something smells fishy and i'm not talking about the Chesapeake BayBS

CHERYL59Hippy

01-02-03-04-05

My Ultimate Pet numbers

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2011, 7:47 pm - IP Logged

What's really wierd is powerball hasn't specified what city won...rumor is Stamford but no one is sure

Stamford employment information

IndexStamfordConnecticutNational
      Income per capita$44,783$34,910$26,505
      Median household income$77,512$68,546$54,595
      Median household income owner occupied$99,415$82,167$63,664
      Median household income renter occupied$55,567$44,096$35,685
      Median earnings male$50,301$50,073$38,921
      Median earnings female$36,073$30,848$23,115
      Unemployment rate (2000)4.3%2.3%4.0%
      Unemployment rate (2010)8.2%8.2%9.5%
      Poverty level7.9%6.8%12.3%

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2011, 12:02 am - IP Logged

Karinda, it's just way too early in the morning for you to have me LOL and shaking my head at the same time!  Green laughNo Nod

Management, thanks for posting that video.  I don't even know what to say about this one except it's not the first time and it won't be the last!  If this guy's legit, then I guess he'll hire an attorney to get CTL to review his evidence (the store tape, time of purchase, etc) and declare him the winner - - - but I just don't see that happening.  Correct me if I'm wrong but most states consider lottery tickets bearer instruments which means as long as that ticket is out there - anyone who finds it can sign the back, turn it in, and rightfully collect the money. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but most states consider lottery tickets bearer instruments which means as long as that ticket is out there - anyone who finds it can sign the back, turn it in, and rightfully collect the money.

For signature-size amounts, you'll need to know some things about the ticket that only the true buyer would know. Otherwise, what's to stop someone from strong-arming a winner's ticket and claiming the prize?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

addai1516's avatar - lib
          Newyork City NY / westland michigan
          United States
          Member #93153
          June 23, 2010
          4087 Posts
          Posted: November 10, 2011, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

So what would happen if the ticket is never found or claimed?

It goes back to the state ..

< God bless all  ,family, love, happiness > 

Jacksonville, Fl
            United States
            Member #46572
            September 14, 2006
            17 Posts
            Posted: November 12, 2011, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

How do you know that you won without the ticket and not knowing what machine sold the ticket; isnt thats  where the great power  outage was for that drawing , maybe no one won and the prize will go back to the game pool; not Conn.  prize money came from all states .  If i had a winning jackpot of that amount I dont beleive I could talk about it.   JUST SAYING

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
              Ohio
              United States
              Member #49980
              February 21, 2007
              34146 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2011, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

I think the Guy is sitting on that ticket untill he makes up his mind what he wants to do with it.  He has a year to claim it, he is probaly talking to finacial advisers I think that is what I would do take my time and figure out what I wanted to do first.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.