Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Boxed digits "Math Average Skip"

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2011, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I took a look at LotSoft to see if I could get the "Math Average Skip" for "Boxed Digits" and it doesn't give that info.

For every straight by position I guess each of the 10 digits should come out 1 time out of every 10 draws.

So I would then think that boxed for all positions it might be 3 times out of every 10 draws or 30% of the time, am I right or wrong? I don't know anything about Math.

What is the "Boxed Digits Math Average Skip" for each of the boxed digits?

If I don't get an answer I will think that it is 30% after all 3 boxed digits show on every draw, so on 10 draws 30 digits show and 30/10 = 3/1 or 3 and I might be wrong, but think that 3 = 30% digits-wise.

With that I am trying to find out how to tell when a digit or digits are Cold, Normal, Hot, really wanted just Cold and Hot, but will try to figure that later.

I really wanted 2 kinds of digits boxed stats, but I will start with this.

So I would think that if a digit hasn't come out 3 times on 10 draws, but 0, 1, or 2 times that it is Cold, or are there any better ideas on this?

And if it came more than 3 times that it is Hot.

If it came exactly 3 times it is Normal, or what word is better than this one?

I guess that there is a 30 max level grade as it could be 30 times max for one digit and 0 times min for one or more digits, that is another way to look at it maybe.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
    Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1689 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Lantern, just to add two-tenth of a cent, under ideal conditions you are right. If a new digit hits in each position for ten draws straight, then each digit would fall in each space in ten draws.

In boxed form there are ten digits, for each of these digits to fall once requires 2.1 (just say 3 draws).

Unfortunately, in the wild, or reality, outside factors come into play.

Doubles - if 27% of the pool is doubles then roughly 3 out of every ten drawings will be doubles.

Repeat digits - in Texas, the last time I checked, 61.1% of the last numbers drawn contained a digit from the night before.

For an answer on how to determine hot, cold, and normal numbers, I'd suggest Win D's blog. (WinD should rename it Pick3pedia.)

What I did was make the following chart. It is based on the Texas evening Pick 3 with 5643 draws. It contains the digit, how long the digit is currently out, the longest it has ever stayed out, and columns D through M show how long each digit has stayed out through various intervals.

For example, the digit 2 is currently out 9 draws, the longest digit 2 has ever stayed out is 24 draws. Digit 2 has stayed out 3+ draws 1612 times, 8+ draws 457 times, 11+ draws 191 times, etc.

The decimal tables below give a percentage of chance of hit based on historical data. For example, digit 2 has been out 9 draws, so under the 8+ column we see that digit 2 hits 91.9% of the time after reaching that level. Given that the numbers are in flux, there is no way to determine digit 2 won't stay out 25 draws.

Even the digits that reflect 1 in those columns only reflect 1 because the digit has never failed to hit before staying out that long.

A chart like this could be used for pairs, sums, and even the 720 box sets, to produce a baseline of expectations.

Tracking data for the last 180, 120, or 60 draws might be more useful.   

Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2011, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

Lantern, just to add two-tenth of a cent, under ideal conditions you are right. If a new digit hits in each position for ten draws straight, then each digit would fall in each space in ten draws.

In boxed form there are ten digits, for each of these digits to fall once requires 2.1 (just say 3 draws).

Unfortunately, in the wild, or reality, outside factors come into play.

Doubles - if 27% of the pool is doubles then roughly 3 out of every ten drawings will be doubles.

Repeat digits - in Texas, the last time I checked, 61.1% of the last numbers drawn contained a digit from the night before.

For an answer on how to determine hot, cold, and normal numbers, I'd suggest Win D's blog. (WinD should rename it Pick3pedia.)

What I did was make the following chart. It is based on the Texas evening Pick 3 with 5643 draws. It contains the digit, how long the digit is currently out, the longest it has ever stayed out, and columns D through M show how long each digit has stayed out through various intervals.

For example, the digit 2 is currently out 9 draws, the longest digit 2 has ever stayed out is 24 draws. Digit 2 has stayed out 3+ draws 1612 times, 8+ draws 457 times, 11+ draws 191 times, etc.

The decimal tables below give a percentage of chance of hit based on historical data. For example, digit 2 has been out 9 draws, so under the 8+ column we see that digit 2 hits 91.9% of the time after reaching that level. Given that the numbers are in flux, there is no way to determine digit 2 won't stay out 25 draws.

Even the digits that reflect 1 in those columns only reflect 1 because the digit has never failed to hit before staying out that long.

A chart like this could be used for pairs, sums, and even the 720 box sets, to produce a baseline of expectations.

Tracking data for the last 180, 120, or 60 draws might be more useful.   

garyo

Thanks very very much, your chart is like majic!

By looking at the numbers and by what you say, I guess that those stats are for boxed digits, which is also what I wanted.

The chart is what I needed and wanted, but didn't know that I needed and wanted it until I saw it (Just Now).

Again, thanks very very much.

You say that the same can be done for other patterns, that would be of use for Sums of course, Can you Please? (Using all past draws for the Eve game is fine, but if you Can also do the Midday, then better.

If you don't do it, no worry, it is also fine, stuff very nice to have, but not a really need  to have thing.

Thanks!

You do majic!

Fernando.

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: November 7, 2011, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

garyo

Thanks very very much, your chart is like majic!

By looking at the numbers and by what you say, I guess that those stats are for boxed digits, which is also what I wanted.

The chart is what I needed and wanted, but didn't know that I needed and wanted it until I saw it (Just Now).

Again, thanks very very much.

You say that the same can be done for other patterns, that would be of use for Sums of course, Can you Please? (Using all past draws for the Eve game is fine, but if you Can also do the Midday, then better.

If you don't do it, no worry, it is also fine, stuff very nice to have, but not a really need  to have thing.

Thanks!

You do majic!

Fernando.

Garyo

Forget about the sums' chart, I really don't need it.

Thanks again!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
          Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1689 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2011, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I did a rewrite on the program and did the sums anyway.....LOL. I changed the totals to reflect equal to time out rather than equal or greater. It probably is a better idea.

The sums chart does not have big numbers but when a sum stays out it can stay out a long time.

There may be more to this.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2011, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

I did a rewrite on the program and did the sums anyway.....LOL. I changed the totals to reflect equal to time out rather than equal or greater. It probably is a better idea.

The sums chart does not have big numbers but when a sum stays out it can stay out a long time.

There may be more to this.

Garyo

Later this next weekend I will take a look at the sums chart that you made, thanks very very much!

Fernando.