Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Do You Feel About Joke Bogus Lottery Tickets?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 years ago by PERDUE.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Iwannawinbig's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
Commack, NY
United States
Member #118773
November 7, 2011
74 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2011, 11:34 am - IP Logged

I was watching AFHV and there were videos of people whose family and or friends gave them a scratch off ticket, the person scratched it off, saw much to their shock and delight they won like a million dollars and they were hooting, screaming, running around yelling "I won! I won!". They only learned after reading the ticket more closely it was all fake. I must admit it was funny to see, but very cruel too. Though I do want to buy some for my lousy brother for Christmas, ( this will be in retaliation for years of abuse I got at his hands growing up, you know Indian Rope Burns, where he would wrap his hands around my tiny wrist and while holding it tightly  turn his hands back and forth giving me the rope burn. And also for the numerous times he would tie me up and throw me in the closet after I had made fun of him in front of his friends causing them to laugh and him to become irate). Unfortunately I have no idea where you buy those fake scratch offs. But I will look at a few novelty stores you know the ones that sell poot machines and uhh unusual shaped pasta, and fake dog's doo, naughty adult games and the like. I can buy those for other family members. But ahh I can't wait to give my brother his "winning" lottery tickets.

And about bogus tickets , I remember years ago I was watching the now defunct Gordon Elliot Show and on it was a man who was telling Gordon that he won like 10 million dollars on the lottery, he said he signed and sent in his ticket, but somehow it got lost in the mail, the lottery commision said they never recieved it, so he never recieved his money and he was quite bummed. The guy was full of woe and almost was on the brink of tears. So Gordon, after hearing the guy pour out his heart over his missed jackpot, got a big smile and told him something like, "Well we have a great big surprise for you, look over there!" The guy looked and out came his wife ( we later learned) holding what looked like a gigantic lottery check, the guy was elated, saying, "Oh no you didn't! Oh!!! I can't believe you did that!"  But  alas he looked closer at that check, after Gordon advised him too and it said on the check "Pay to the Bearer 10 million hugs and kisses". OMG it was horrible, yet hilarious, I have no idea who had that bright idea to fool the guy like that, but I have a feeling he was not amused by that at all. You could see the poor guy was urined off,  you could see him boiling with some kind of rage under that tight lipped, tense grin he wore.  Rant

If you're mean and angry go away, I am here just to play.Banana

karinda's avatar - WINGS
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #108445
    March 25, 2011
    2855 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2011, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

It's a cruel and uncalled for trick.  It's not a joke. It's just mean and done if you really want to hurt someone.  If anyone in my life, and I mean ANYONE, ever does that to me, I will write them off faster than I can sign a winning Powerball ticket. 

Sincerely,

Karinda

VAHopeful's avatar - winifrid
      Virginia
      United States
      Member #116536
      September 13, 2011
      51 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure I've seen the fake lottery tickets sold at Spencer's at the mall. I don't like to be on the recieving end of any practical joke, so I don't play them on other people. Some people get a hoot out of playing them and don't mind being tricked themselves. To each their own, right? So I don't think they're such a cruel joke as long as you know your victim well enough to know how bad they'll take finding out they've been duped... or, at least, if their heart is strong enough to take the excitement and let down.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
        Member #52345
        May 21, 2007
        2657 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2011, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

seen and heard tale of them being sold on/offline ......

further proof people need to double check the fine print and leave it @ that

besides karma is a ________

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10344 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2011, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

Those tickets are cruel but I think only people who don't play much get fooled by them.

Any regular player is going to realize they don't look right. For one thing, there's no state named on the ones I've seen.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Commack, NY
            United States
            Member #118773
            November 7, 2011
            74 Posts
            Posted: November 8, 2011, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

Oh I see, wow! If someone did that to me I think I would laugh, but that's just me, I come from a family of kidders and life is too stressful as it is to get that upset over a joke. But I can also see  you and others getting very angry about that, that's why I am planning to do it to my brother, he so deserves it and God knows he has aroused anger in me my whole life, payback time!! Haha!

Commack, NY
              United States
              Member #118773
              November 7, 2011
              74 Posts
              Posted: November 8, 2011, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure I've seen the fake lottery tickets sold at Spencer's at the mall. I don't like to be on the recieving end of any practical joke, so I don't play them on other people. Some people get a hoot out of playing them and don't mind being tricked themselves. To each their own, right? So I don't think they're such a cruel joke as long as you know your victim well enough to know how bad they'll take finding out they've been duped... or, at least, if their heart is strong enough to take the excitement and let down.

Good answer VAHopeful. Hmm I am not sure we have a Spencers around here, I know we have Gadgets & Gizmos or vice versa, I always get that name wrong, I'll go there.

But VAHopeful  haven't you ever laughed at a practical joke you saw others do to someone? Like that show Scare Tactics you gotta admit some of those episodes are funny and the old I think Jackass shows on MTV some show like that,  I thought some of their pranks wewre funny, I recall one guy went to two Chinese restaurants and placed a fake poop in his Poo Poo Platter order, he called over a waiter in the first place pointing out the poop and asking what that was and the waiter said it was part of the meal, whaaaaaaaaaaaaat??? Haha and then at the next restaurant he called over an older woman who owned the place, he showed her it and her reaction was sheer rage, complete with Asian profanity and yelling at him to leave, that was way too funny. And I have to admit I did laugh watching those home videos of people getting the fake tickets, but with my brother I will be sure to put on my fastest sneakers just in case his reaction is one worthy of me running for the hills.

Commack, NY
                United States
                Member #118773
                November 7, 2011
                74 Posts
                Posted: November 8, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

seen and heard tale of them being sold on/offline ......

further proof people need to double check the fine print and leave it @ that

besides karma is a ________

Now anyone who would buy lottery tickets online has to be nuts!!! Just like these fools who get approached by a person telling them they won millions in the lottery, but are an illegal immigrant and can't get the money ( not true, I heard they can get their money), so they ask their victim if they can just give them some money as a good will gesture to ensure they will not take off with all the loot from the winning ticket and they will give them the ticket to cash in and then even split the winnings with them, so the person goes to theirt bank and withdrwas like hundreds even thousands of dollars, hands it to that person and they get their name and phone # and tell them to call them so they can meet and split the cash and voilas that person's name and # are as fake as the ticket.  HELLLLLOOOO can you say needs a brain check?? Who would believe that and do that?

Though here on LI a woman I knew who worked at a restaurant with an illegal immigrant told me that the guy won 1 million dollars ( I don't remember if it was on a ticket or scratch off) so he thought no way he could get the money, he feared being deported so he asked a co-worker to turn it in and give him the cash and how awful, the guy turned in the winning ticket and kept the money and left that job leaving no forwarding address, what a devil! But too weird that illegal immigrant then won again like $50,000, so see Karma can be a nice warm kitten too not always a female dog! Haha! But man I wish I knew that immigrant I would like to rub his head and see if any of his luckl would rub off on me, wow!

Commack, NY
                  United States
                  Member #118773
                  November 7, 2011
                  74 Posts
                  Posted: November 8, 2011, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Those tickets are cruel but I think only people who don't play much get fooled by them.

Any regular player is going to realize they don't look right. For one thing, there's no state named on the ones I've seen.

Oh darn it, is that right they look fake like that?? Well maybe I can ply my brother with lots of wine, then when he's pretty loopy give him his "winning" ticket!! And if he is drunk enough I won't have to even run away, he gets sleepy when he drinks.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                    Member #47420
                    November 4, 2006
                    3930 Posts
                    Posted: November 8, 2011, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Not sure how old you are but your from NY so it's understandable to pull a bad stunt like this....If you do this your as sick as your brother was when you and him was "young''..Why not go all the way and shoot him in the head cause this stuff will never end between you two if you and him older..

Pure luck

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
                      NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
                      United States
                      Member #106371
                      February 17, 2011
                      9702 Posts
                      Posted: November 8, 2011, 7:04 pm - IP Logged

Not sure how old you are but your from NY so it's understandable to pull a bad stunt like this....If you do this your as sick as your brother was when you and him was "young''..Why not go all the way and shoot him in the head cause this stuff will never end between you two if you and him older..

Green laughGreen laugh    tigg i cant stopp laughing

RIdge will be here soon i can just see it hahahha

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
                        Connecticut
                        United States
                        Member #61623
                        May 29, 2008
                        20581 Posts
                        Posted: November 8, 2011, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I remember seeing a video where some friends set up another friend to think he/they won a PB .They somehow created a genuine looking ticket that matched all the numbers from a drawing from the week earlier<he though it was the live drawing for that night> only to tell him after a lenghthy celebration he'd been fooled...I can say for certain my friends would be walking around with a case of "plumb-eye" if they pulled that chit one me.

I think the video is on an americas funniest videos episode...sad really

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                          The Ville, FL
                          United States
                          Member #95879
                          August 19, 2010
                          1708 Posts
                          Posted: November 8, 2011, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Being a long time lottery player, I wouldn't get fooled by a "fake" ticket myself, but I think they are pretty dumb to say the least.

Anyone who thinks fake lottery tickets are funny or cool is down right cruel hearted.

Especially with the economy the way it is, it would be just a bad idea to trick someone into thinking they won some $$.  They are just in bad taste

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3850 Posts
                            Posted: November 8, 2011, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

agree w/ those that say this is not funny,as a rule.

but it might be fun to do to someone who makes fun of you for buying tix,

just to see their reaction, and they would not notice that the name of the state is absent.

i think that was the orig. intention w/ this.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3046 Posts
                              Posted: November 8, 2011, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

I see a lot of scratch-its that are joke tickets.  They are meant to be funny but when you have a friend come over with one and you have to tell them you did not win $5000 because the ticket is fake.  That isn't funny.  It happened to my mother's friend three months ago and she thought she had won and I read the ticket and told her someone is pulling your leg because it is nothing but wasted paper.  So they are not cool unless that is a joke that you can share with a lite hearted friend.-weshar75