Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I feel cheated by New York lottery quick picks

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 5 years ago by savagegoose.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11982 Posts
Posted: November 12, 2011, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

I bought $5 powerball quick picks with the number 59 repeated 4 times on the ticket.Played $1 take 5 quick pick with 4 numbers from the previous drawing.How in hell do quick picks win 70% of the time?

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
    Winning makes me smile.
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    4874 Posts
    Posted: November 12, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I bought $5 powerball quick picks with the number 59 repeated 4 times on the ticket.Played $1 take 5 quick pick with 4 numbers from the previous drawing.How in hell do quick picks win 70% of the time?

The Maryland Nov.10  eve pick 3 # was 187. The Nov.11 mid # was 871. I had the midday. Sometimes it doesn't make sense, but it works out anyway. I guess that's the random part of the lottery. Hopefully it will work out for you too. Good luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: November 12, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Don't play QP's if you feel cheated just pick your own numbers and one QP and if you really feel cheated don't play...Course if one hits you can brag all the way to the bank....

Pure luck

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
        Mcminnville, Oregon
        United States
        Member #3013
        December 13, 2003
        3052 Posts
        Posted: November 12, 2011, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

On the last powerball drawing I had 5 lines that were a QP.  It gave me the number 32 three times on the ticket.  I was rooting for the 32 to come in because two of them were powerball numbers.  But I think it does suck when you get multiple numbers of one kind.  Just got to say better luck next time.-weshar75

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10351 Posts
          Posted: November 12, 2011, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Volume.

The PB website says something like "70% of sales, 70% of winners, but maybe that's just coinicdence."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Member #0
            January 1, 2000
            0 Posts
            Posted: November 13, 2011, 12:30 am - IP Logged

random includes anything that is possible in the the matrix.

New York
              United States
              Member #103600
              January 4, 2011
              3998 Posts
              Posted: November 13, 2011, 3:07 am - IP Logged

So you'd rather lose with all different numbers instead of losing with a repeated number? It's not like you had winning lines except for the 59, right? If the 59 was drawn, it could have made the difference. I wish you good luck.

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Rochester
                United States
                Member #103282
                January 1, 2011
                603 Posts
                Posted: November 13, 2011, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Maybe Todd could devise a search engine to see how many quick picks have won in various lotteries.

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5121 Posts
                  Posted: November 13, 2011, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

No Pity!

White BounceBananaWhite Bounce"How would YOU have felt if YOU had WON $$$$" Puke

Jack-in-the-Box    Drum

Iwannawinbig's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg
                    Commack, NY
                    United States
                    Member #118773
                    November 7, 2011
                    74 Posts
                    Posted: November 16, 2011, 9:05 am - IP Logged

I won twice on a $5.00 PowerBall quickpick ( 160.00) and there were obviously double numbers on those two lines, so I was happpy. I wonder if I would had had that  and won the jackpot, if I would had won twice too???

And you know you must talk to the machine, I do that, I tell that machine that I love it, it is my favorite machine, yes I flirt with it, but it's okay since it is not married. I sometimes rub it too, just a few little sweet finger rubs up and down it's back, slow rubs all the while telling it it is such a strong manly back, that I never felt such a big strong back on any other machine. And I give out a few cute giggles.  And yes, I have felt dirty and ashamed, but ahh who doesn't when playing the lottery? And I do win, so that's all that matters. I am expecting that machine anyday now to shoot out, yessssss, the big winner for me, ahhhhhhhhh I can't wait.

And see men can do that too,  find a girl machine, they often wear pink and when they belt out "Im in the money" tune it is more higher pitched, but see you can just offer to slip your long ticket slowly and nicely into the machine's little slot and as the lottery slogan goes "You gotta be in it to win it", right? So get in it already!

If you're mean and angry go away, I am here just to play.Banana

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                      Member #47420
                      November 4, 2006
                      3930 Posts
                      Posted: November 16, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

I won twice on a $5.00 PowerBall quickpick ( 160.00) and there were obviously double numbers on those two lines, so I was happpy. I wonder if I would had had that  and won the jackpot, if I would had won twice too???

And you know you must talk to the machine, I do that, I tell that machine that I love it, it is my favorite machine, yes I flirt with it, but it's okay since it is not married. I sometimes rub it too, just a few little sweet finger rubs up and down it's back, slow rubs all the while telling it it is such a strong manly back, that I never felt such a big strong back on any other machine. And I give out a few cute giggles.  And yes, I have felt dirty and ashamed, but ahh who doesn't when playing the lottery? And I do win, so that's all that matters. I am expecting that machine anyday now to shoot out, yessssss, the big winner for me, ahhhhhhhhh I can't wait.

And see men can do that too,  find a girl machine, they often wear pink and when they belt out "Im in the money" tune it is more higher pitched, but see you can just offer to slip your long ticket slowly and nicely into the machine's little slot and as the lottery slogan goes "You gotta be in it to win it", right? So get in it already!

This can't be good..

Pure luck

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                        adelaide sa
                        Australia
                        Member #37136
                        April 11, 2006
                        3300 Posts
                        Posted: November 17, 2011, 5:14 am - IP Logged

ive had a  few lines  quick pick and 3 of the 5 numbers for  1st barrel where a repeat!

i didnt get a replacement ticket on the grounds maybe those 3 numbers are supposed to come up.

as it was  i got  the usual, zilch

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297