Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Detectives re-open Mysterious Natalie Wood death inquiry after 30 years

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 5 years ago by eddessaknight.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
LAS VEGAS
United States
Member #47729
November 22, 2006
4500 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2011, 2:55 am - IP Logged

Could be a mysterious third man theme involvement???

EddessaKnight 

TimeLine :LOS ANGELVES

— Homicide detectives have re-opened their investigation of Natalie Wood's death nearly 30 years after the actress drowned in the waters off Southern California in one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.

The renewed look at Wood's Nov. 29, 1981, death was prompted by new information detectives received about the case, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Thursday.

No additional details were provided, but a detective planned to hold a news conference Friday, and anyone with information about the case was being asked to contact sheriff's officials.

Wood, a three-time Oscar nominee famous for roles in "West Side Story," ''Rebel Without a Cause" and other Hollywood hits, was 43 when she died. Wood's drowning sparked tabloid speculation that foul play was involved, but Wagner and Wood's sister have dismissed any suggestion there was foul play.

A spokesman for Wood's husband at the time of her death, Robert Wagner, said the family trusts the sheriff's department will take appropriate action but has not been contacted about the case being re-opened.

Wood drowned after a night of partying with husband Wagner and "Brainstorm" co-star Christopher Walken on the couple's yacht anchored off Santa Catalina Island. Her death was ruled an accident and it was determined that she had been drinking before her death.

The office wrote that Wood was "possibly attempting to board the dinghy and had fallen into the water, striking her face."

A dinghy that had been attached to the couple's yacht, "Splendor," was found in a Catalina cove.

The Los Angeles Times reported that detectives were prompted to look at the case again after comments by the ship's captain, Dennis Davern. He was recently interviewed for a collaboration between the magazine Vanity Fair and the television series "48 Hours Mystery" that focuses on Wood's death.

"Although no one in the Wagner family has heard from the LA County Sheriff's department about this matter, they fully support the efforts of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and trust they will evaluate whether any new information relating to the death of Natalie Wood Wagner is valid, and that it comes from a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30 year anniversary of her tragic death," Wagner spokesman Alan Nierob wrote in a statement.

Wood and Wagner, star of the TV series "Hart to Hart," were twice married, first in 1957 before divorcing six years later. They remarried in 1972.

Lana Wood wrote in a biography on her sister, "What happened is that Natalie drank too much that night."

Wagner wrote in a 2008 autobiography that he blamed himself for his wife's death.

He recounted the night of Wood's disappearance, during which the couple and Walken drank at a restaurant and on the boat. Wood went to the master cabin during an argument between her husband and Walken. The last time Wagner saw his wife, she was fixing her hair at a bathroom vanity and she shut the door.

Wagner wrote that despite various theories about what led Wood to the water, which she feared, it was impossible to know what exactly happened.

"Nobody knows," he wrote. "There are only two possibilities; either she was trying to get away from the argument, or she was trying to tie the dinghy. But the bottom line is that nobody knows exactly what happened."

Later in the book, Wagner wrote, "Did I blame myself? If I had been there, I could have done something. But I wasn't there. I didn't see her."

He wrote that he has never returned to Catalina Island.

Phone and email messages to Walken's publicist were not immediately returned. Attempts to contact Davern were unsuccessful.

___

LAS VEGAS
    United States
    Member #47729
    November 22, 2006
    4500 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2011, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight 

— Homicide detectives have re-opened their investigation of Natalie Wood's death nearly 30 years after the actress drowned in the waters off Southern California in one of Hollywood's most enduring mysteries.

The renewed look at Wood's Nov. 29, 1981, death was prompted by new information detectives received about the case, Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said Thursday.

No additional details were provided, but a detective planned to hold a news conference Friday, and anyone with information about the case was being asked to contact sheriff's officials.

Wood, a three-time Oscar nominee famous for roles in "West Side Story," ''Rebel Without a Cause" and other Hollywood hits, was 43 when she died. Wood's drowning sparked tabloid speculation that foul play was involved, but Wagner and Wood's sister have dismissed any suggestion there was foul play.

A spokesman for Wood's husband at the time of her death, Robert Wagner, said the family trusts the sheriff's department will take appropriate action but has not been contacted about the case being re-opened.

Wood drowned after a night of partying with husband Wagner and "Brainstorm" co-star Christopher Walken on the couple's yacht anchored off Santa Catalina Island. Her death was ruled an accident and it was determined that she had been drinking before her death.

The office wrote that Wood was "possibly attempting to board the dinghy and had fallen into the water, striking her face."

A dinghy that had been attached to the couple's yacht, "Splendor," was found in a Catalina cove.

The Los Angeles Times reported that detectives were prompted to look at the case again after comments by the ship's captain, Dennis Davern. He was recently interviewed for a collaboration between the magazine Vanity Fair and the television series "48 Hours Mystery" that focuses on Wood's death.

"Although no one in the Wagner family has heard from the LA County Sheriff's department about this matter, they fully support the efforts of the LA County Sheriff's Dept. and trust they will evaluate whether any new information relating to the death of Natalie Wood Wagner is valid, and that it comes from a credible source or sources other than those simply trying to profit from the 30 year anniversary of her tragic death," Wagner spokesman Alan Nierob wrote in a statement.

Wood and Wagner, star of the TV series "Hart to Hart," were twice married, first in 1957 before divorcing six years later. They remarried in 1972.

Lana Wood wrote in a biography on her sister, "What happened is that Natalie drank too much that night."

Wagner wrote in a 2008 autobiography that he blamed himself for his wife's death.

He recounted the night of Wood's disappearance, during which the couple and Walken drank at a restaurant and on the boat. Wood went to the master cabin during an argument between her husband and Walken. The last time Wagner saw his wife, she was fixing her hair at a bathroom vanity and she shut the door.

Wagner wrote that despite various theories about what led Wood to the water, which she feared, it was impossible to know what exactly happened.

"Nobody knows," he wrote. "There are only two possibilities; either she was trying to get away from the argument, or she was trying to tie the dinghy. But the bottom line is that nobody knows exactly what happened."

Later in the book, Wagner wrote, "Did I blame myself? If I had been there, I could have done something. But I wasn't there. I didn't see her."

Phone and email messages to Walken's publicist were not immediately returned. Attempts to contact Davern were unsuccessful.

___

UPDATING: Police report that Robert Wagner is not a suspect.

Natalie's younger sister Lana \, also an actress who portrayed a voluptuary scene in James Bond 'Diamonds Are Forwever; always mainatined that information was incomplete in the case of her sister's mysterious case and ewquesting that the case be re-opened.

EddessaKnight

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: November 19, 2011, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

The day she drowned was a Sunday. I remember it because I was in Vegas and a guy on our crew was from Brooklyn and very uopset about it - and the Jets losing cost him a straight up bet and a parlay.

Funny how we remember things, huh?

Edessaknight,

Remember Jessica Savitch? She was doing an investigative report on illegal sports betting. She and a male companion were traveling on a highway in New Jersey and her car went off the road and "into a mud bank".

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4500 Posts
        Posted: November 21, 2011, 5:04 pm - IP Logged

Hey Coin, Thanks for your Rear View Mirror reflections on that faithful day,   but hold on,  seems like past SOS echos Note are reverberating from beneath:

the continuing investigation:

"But now California resident Marilyn Wayne, who was boating in the same area that night — approximately 40 yards away from the Splendour, the yacht upon which the actors were staying — said she heard a woman’s cries for help.

In a sworn statement to investigators, Wayne said she and her boyfriend, John Payne, were sleeping aboard a sailboat, the Capricorn, on Nov. 28, 1981. The window of the cabin was open.

A woman’s voice, crying for help from drowning awakened John, and he awakened me. ‘Help me, someone please help me, I’m drowning’ we heard repeatedly. Alarmed, I called out to my son, who also heard the cries, and looked at his new digital watch: it was just minutes after 11:00 P.M.,” she said in her statement.

According to Wayne’s statement, Payne turned on the sailboat’s beam light and played it over the area while she went up onto the deck, though it was dark and damp and she says that she was unable to see anything.

“While listening to the cries, we called the harbor patrol but no one answered. Then we called the sheriff’s office in Avalon, 12 miles away, and whoever answered told us a helicopter would be sent, but it did not come. We heard loud music coming from somewhere, so thought there was a party on a nearby boat,” the statement said. “Then I heard a man’s voice, slurred, and in ggravated tone, say something to the effect of, “Oh, hold on, we’re coming to get you,” and not long after, the cries for help subsided, but we heard the cries for up to 15 minutes. We returned to bed, terribly disturbed.”

When she woke up the next morning, she says, she saw police at the boat located near the Capricorn, and learned that Wood, a passenger on that board, had drowned.

Wayne, a former stockbroker, said in the statement that she doesn’t believe the initial investigation was thorough enough, that police never interviewed her and that she received a threatening note cautioning her to keep quiet about what she knew.

“After all I’ve learned since my own direct experience with the death of Natalie, I am stunned that Robert Wagner has never been properly interrogated in regards to Natalie Wood’s death. In my opinion, Natalie Wood’s case is one of the top most botched cases of the 20th century, and I am still willing to offer my assistance should you finally realize that this case needs what every death case deserves: a full and proper investigation,” her statement said"

Getting Weirder & Weirder, more to come, often times police will use investigation publicity (like this) to generate the unreported

EddessaKnight Note 

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
          Ohio
          United States
          Member #49980
          February 21, 2007
          34146 Posts
          Posted: November 21, 2011, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

I believe he did have somethig to do with it, I heard this years ago, that is wy I am not surprised when I heard the News, But what I can't undsterstand is why would the  Captain come forward now about this after 38 yrs. It doesn't make since and looks like to me if he knew about it he is just as quilty. atlie   Nalie's Sister believes that Robert Wagner had something to do with it too. It has all been a cover up for years. But whats going to happen now? I really would like to see the outcome of this. What's going to happen to Robert Wagner? Is he going to jail?

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Jani Norman's avatar - fiftyways
            OHIO
            United States
            Member #4164
            March 27, 2004
            14586 Posts
            Posted: November 21, 2011, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight 

___

Natalie Wood Case Reopens

•Born: 20 July 1938

•Birthplace: San Francisco, California

•Died: 29 November 1981

•Best Known As: The girl who doubts Santa Claus in Miracle on 34th Street 

Name at birth: Natalia Zakharenko

"I am what I am by the grace of God."

Kitfany

http://www.ohiolottery.com/

collegem$'s avatar - ts
              Disney Land
              United States
              Member #92265
              June 3, 2010
              6859 Posts
              Posted: November 22, 2011, 12:33 am - IP Logged

EddessaKnight,

Numbers are going to match up somewhere in this investigation. The investigators and the case will have numbers keep coming up. 

So Far...November the month is the same..if re-opened this month.  Don't listen to the news much so, I don't know when the stir was started and when the case was re-opened.

The Investigators perhaps have the same birthday month as Natalie Wood. Won't be surprise if someone is asked for questioning or arrested at the same time she was found dead. It is happening at the right time, for whatever reason. I always felt Natalie's Hollywood death was not in all truth.

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34146 Posts
                Posted: November 22, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I believe he did have somethig to do with it, I heard this years ago, that is wy I am not surprised when I heard the News, But what I can't undsterstand is why would the  Captain come forward now about this after 38 yrs. It doesn't make since and looks like to me if he knew about it he is just as quilty. atlie   Nalie's Sister believes that Robert Wagner had something to do with it too. It has all been a cover up for years. But whats going to happen now? I really would like to see the outcome of this. What's going to happen to Robert Wagner? Is he going to jail?

I just heard that Robert Wagner got arrested  By the way 893* Ohio  Robert also 819*  Cal. might get these.

On N.C.I.S. on a Series I just heard LOL!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

LAS VEGAS
                  United States
                  Member #47729
                  November 22, 2006
                  4500 Posts
                  Posted: November 25, 2011, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

I just heard that Robert Wagner got arrested  By the way 893* Ohio  Robert also 819*  Cal. might get these.

On N.C.I.S. on a Series I just heard LOL!

1. Natalie: The Unsolved Mystery
                  2. Has anyone confirmed  marcie's heare say rumor???
                  3. LA Times: The lifeguard captain who helped pull Natalie Wood's body from the water 30 years ago said he still believes the actress could have been saved had officials begun the search for her earlier.
                  4. Clearly, with all the half truths,deceptions & mis-directions we may never know the whole truth-
                  1. EddessaKnight
                    LAS VEGAS
                    United States
                    Member #47729
                    November 22, 2006
                    4500 Posts
                    Posted: November 29, 2011, 4:11 pm - IP Logged
                    1. Natalie: The Unsolved Mystery
                    2. Has anyone confirmed  marcie's heare say rumor???
                    3. LA Times: The lifeguard captain who helped pull Natalie Wood's body from the water 30 years ago said he still believes the actress could have been saved had officials begun the search for her earlier.
                    4. Clearly, with all the half truths,deceptions & mis-directions we may never know the whole truth-
                    1. EddessaKnight

DateLine: On this faithful day November 29, 1981 off Santa Catalina Island California, our Natalie Wood mysteriously died

EddessaKnight

LAS VEGAS
                      United States
                      Member #47729
                      November 22, 2006
                      4500 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2011, 7:57 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight,

Numbers are going to match up somewhere in this investigation. The investigators and the case will have numbers keep coming up. 

So Far...November the month is the same..if re-opened this month.  Don't listen to the news much so, I don't know when the stir was started and when the case was re-opened.

The Investigators perhaps have the same birthday month as Natalie Wood. Won't be surprise if someone is asked for questioning or arrested at the same time she was found dead. It is happening at the right time, for whatever reason. I always felt Natalie's Hollywood death was not in all truth.

@collegem$- sorry for the late response as I missed yout spot on reply.

I humbly agree that Numbers will tell but not add up with conventional methodologies because there is too much mis-direction & mis-information being desiminated to muck up the Santa Monica waters- Hollywood & police reputations at stake in LA, La Land.

I do post some news accounts to demonstrate the  Light bulb power of programing; i.e. mind or thought control by media, which is most pervasive to the public.

It's highly unlikely that we will ever know-

Although public perceptions can be painful, they are most often not REALITY because they are based on illusionsWink

Thanks for your interest;

stay tunedNote to your own vibes, surely  more tp come>>>>>>>>

EddessaKnight

collegem$'s avatar - ts
                        Disney Land
                        United States
                        Member #92265
                        June 3, 2010
                        6859 Posts
                        Posted: December 11, 2011, 2:07 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight,

A strange thing happen to me..I was sick yesterday, stayed in bed all day and slept. I am sure I had dreams but don't remember any.  Today 12.11.11 I woke up from a dream. It was in a flash. It was about pages of a celebrity magazine. Pictures and pictures of celebrities. They all had smiling faces and head shots. The pages were moving really fast but slowly the pages stopped. When it stopped, it was Natalie on the page on one side, full body and lying on a beach with a white cover.  Other page was Robert head shot. He eyes were looking at me. IN one hand he had a cigar, but his face was looking away from Natalie. His body language was he didn't wanted to see Natalie and his cigar..reminded me of a smoke and gun.

Don't know really what it all means, I was at the store in line the other day. Picked up a taboid trash and saw an article on the story of Natalie. Maybe my subconscious mind pick up on it. Who knows? I just know after her death. I cancel, clear and deleted Robert's movies and appearances.

Wear cute pajamas to bed...because you never know who you will meet in your dreams.

LAS VEGAS
                          United States
                          Member #47729
                          November 22, 2006
                          4500 Posts
                          Posted: December 17, 2011, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

EddessaKnight,

A strange thing happen to me..I was sick yesterday, stayed in bed all day and slept. I am sure I had dreams but don't remember any.  Today 12.11.11 I woke up from a dream. It was in a flash. It was about pages of a celebrity magazine. Pictures and pictures of celebrities. They all had smiling faces and head shots. The pages were moving really fast but slowly the pages stopped. When it stopped, it was Natalie on the page on one side, full body and lying on a beach with a white cover.  Other page was Robert head shot. He eyes were looking at me. IN one hand he had a cigar, but his face was looking away from Natalie. His body language was he didn't wanted to see Natalie and his cigar..reminded me of a smoke and gun.

Don't know really what it all means, I was at the store in line the other day. Picked up a taboid trash and saw an article on the story of Natalie. Maybe my subconscious mind pick up on it. Who knows? I just know after her death. I cancel, clear and deleted Robert's movies and appearances.

Stay tuned w/the dreams; connecting the dots, fragments & numbers will materialize into a true holographic picture collegem$

PS-

We determine the abund ance in your life by our attitude, planning, and ambition. What we hold as truth often determines our reality.   

EddessaKnight           

LAS VEGAS
                            United States
                            Member #47729
                            November 22, 2006
                            4500 Posts
                            Posted: January 6, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

Stay tuned w/the dreams; connecting the dots, fragments & numbers will materialize into a true holographic picture collegem$

PS-

We determine the abund ance in your life by our attitude, planning, and ambition. What we hold as truth often determines our reality.   

EddessaKnight           

The mercurial & ostensible authorities in the Unsolvef Mystery of Wood's tragic death have issued a statement for public comsumption that they are putting this case on ICE.

Makes people wonder, what this high Hollywood profile investigation was really about, doesn' it ????

EddessaKnight Note