Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Touchscreen lottery terminals, and lucky me =)

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ttech10.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
VAHopeful's avatar - winifrid
Virginia
United States
Member #116536
September 13, 2011
51 Posts
Posted: November 18, 2011, 11:31 am - IP Logged

VA has touchscreen lottery machines in various stores where you can get your own tickets - both scratch off and drawings games. I prefer them over having a clerk get my tickets for me. I don't even have to fill out a play slip, or know which games I want to play before starting (though I usually do). I can select my chosen numbers or select the easy pick. I can select 2 or 3 chosen numbers for a game and easy pick the rest. If I don't like the numbers that come up for an easy pick, I can just redo it until I do like 'em. (No, I don't do that when there's a line behind me. There's rarely anyone waiting. Plenty of places to buy tickets around here.) What's not to love?

This morning I stopped at one of these terminals at a relatively busy grocery store to get my tickets for next week. Last game I played was the Cash 5 game - I played numbers for both the day and night drawings. The day and night print off on separate tickets. Went to go get breakfast afterwards, and was sitting in drive-thru when it dawned on me that I didn't wait for it to print off the night drawing (the printer is so silent, and it's at knee/shin level). Would you believe my ticket was still waiting for me when I drove back to the grocery store? Made me feel pretty lucky. =)

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: November 18, 2011, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Krogers here in Ky have them also except for the pick 3 or pick 4 games plus you can't exchange your ticket for some other ticket till you get one you klike....All other games you can get out of the machines..but never ever turn a ticket back!!..

Pure luck

Virginia
      United States
      Member #116536
      September 13, 2011
      51 Posts
      Posted: November 18, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Oh, the machines don't let you give a ticket back. Once it's printed, it's printed. The way the VA lottery machines work, you select a drawing game and can then pick the easy pick. It'll generate a set of numbers and show them on the screen. Then to buy a ticket with those numbers, you have to press the Print button (assuming you've already fed in your cash). If you press Main Menu instead of Print, though, then you haven't bought that ticket, it doesn't print, it doesn't remember the numbers it generated, and you can reselect the game and try easy pick again to see if you like the next set of numbers it generates better.

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: November 18, 2011, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Not trying to be smart here but if the screen shows you a set of numbers and you can cancel it it's the ame as turing the ticket back in..is this about right?..

Pure luck

Virginia
          United States
          Member #116536
          September 13, 2011
          51 Posts
          Posted: November 18, 2011, 4:22 pm - IP Logged

Now that you say it that way, yep, it's about the same as being able to turn in/cancel a ticket.

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: November 18, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

Now that you say it that way, yep, it's about the same as being able to turn in/cancel a ticket.

If you keep canceling the numbers and waiting for numbers you like that's just like picking your numbers and that's not a QP or easy pick...right?...tiggs advice buy the 1st numbers that pop up..Don't look at the numbers on your ticket till after the draw..That's what tiggs does..Good luck whatever you do VAH...Live and learn..It's your money so do as you please...tiggs is no expert like these other people here tiggs believes numbers is just luck...

Pure luck

Virginia
              United States
              Member #116536
              September 13, 2011
              51 Posts
              Posted: November 18, 2011, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

If you keep canceling the numbers and waiting for numbers you like that's just like picking your numbers and that's not a QP or easy pick...right?...tiggs advice buy the 1st numbers that pop up..Don't look at the numbers on your ticket till after the draw..That's what tiggs does..Good luck whatever you do VAH...Live and learn..It's your money so do as you please...tiggs is no expert like these other people here tiggs believes numbers is just luck...

I agree with you, just luck, a game of chance. I do usually just go with whatever the first QP that comes up, but when I'm doing QPs of games like mega millions or powerball, I like the mega/power balls to be different for each set. I usually cringe when I see runs of numbers, but, hey, the VA Cash 5 day drawing yesterday was 8, 9, 10, 11, 27. Somebody won it too.

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: November 18, 2011, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you, just luck, a game of chance. I do usually just go with whatever the first QP that comes up, but when I'm doing QPs of games like mega millions or powerball, I like the mega/power balls to be different for each set. I usually cringe when I see runs of numbers, but, hey, the VA Cash 5 day drawing yesterday was 8, 9, 10, 11, 27. Somebody won it too.

Cringe is good..Keep cringing you'll hit sooner or later..tiggs once hit 1,200.00 by mistake..tiggs wins more by QP's ten self picks..Best of luck!!..

Pure luck

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                  British Columbia
                  Canada
                  Member #116101
                  September 4, 2011
                  4033 Posts
                  Posted: November 21, 2011, 7:42 am - IP Logged

are these Touchscreen LTs cash only or there other form of payment?

Smash show me the money

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Virginia
                    United States
                    Member #116536
                    September 13, 2011
                    51 Posts
                    Posted: November 21, 2011, 8:37 am - IP Logged

are these Touchscreen LTs cash only or there other form of payment?

Smash show me the money

The machines are cash only - just bills, no coins. Even the 7-11s, at least in my area, will only do cash sales - no debit card transactions.

olplugger's avatar - moon2
                      Mechanicsville, VA
                      United States
                      Member #84145
                      December 23, 2009
                      1523 Posts
                      Posted: November 21, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

VA has touchscreen lottery machines in various stores where you can get your own tickets - both scratch off and drawings games. I prefer them over having a clerk get my tickets for me. I don't even have to fill out a play slip, or know which games I want to play before starting (though I usually do). I can select my chosen numbers or select the easy pick. I can select 2 or 3 chosen numbers for a game and easy pick the rest. If I don't like the numbers that come up for an easy pick, I can just redo it until I do like 'em. (No, I don't do that when there's a line behind me. There's rarely anyone waiting. Plenty of places to buy tickets around here.) What's not to love?

This morning I stopped at one of these terminals at a relatively busy grocery store to get my tickets for next week. Last game I played was the Cash 5 game - I played numbers for both the day and night drawings. The day and night print off on separate tickets. Went to go get breakfast afterwards, and was sitting in drive-thru when it dawned on me that I didn't wait for it to print off the night drawing (the printer is so silent, and it's at knee/shin level). Would you believe my ticket was still waiting for me when I drove back to the grocery store? Made me feel pretty lucky. =)

Thanks for the info VAHopeful!  I saw one of those machines in the local BJ's store.  Didn't take time to look at it closely.  I was thinking to myself...this would be a better way to play.  Hope you win BIG!

"Whatever the human mind can conceive and believe it can achieve."

Napoleon Hill, Author of "Think & Grow Rich"

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                        British Columbia
                        Canada
                        Member #116101
                        September 4, 2011
                        4033 Posts
                        Posted: November 21, 2011, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

The machines are cash only - just bills, no coins. Even the 7-11s, at least in my area, will only do cash sales - no debit card transactions.

I like the convenience of it Cheers

the only downside is I would prolly overspend Thud

"You have to be in it to win it!"

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #92330
                          June 5, 2010
                          887 Posts
                          Posted: November 21, 2011, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I remember getting awful looking numbers and always wanting to spend another dollar in hopes of better looking ones, but whenever I did I never did better on that second set than I did the first. I tend to not look at mine either, not out of not wanting to see them but rather I just end up not looking at the slip until it's time to check them for a winner.