Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 9:00 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing the lottery on a weekly basis is insane regardless of the jackpot size

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11978 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2011, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

Why not buy 52 Quick Pick Tickets once a year and be done with it.But how many times do you dream of winning? Do you have to win every week to be happy? Of course not. You only have to win once. So you only have to buy one ticket, at some time in the future to be able to legitimately dream of winning a huge jackpot.

Orlando, FL
    United States
    Member #115785
    August 28, 2011
    259 Posts
    Posted: November 29, 2011, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

In FL you can buy 52 tix (6 months worth)

not all states let you.

Some are a max of 10 or 20, depends which state u are in

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: November 29, 2011, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Why not buy 52 Quick Pick Tickets once a year and be done with it.But how many times do you dream of winning? Do you have to win every week to be happy? Of course not. You only have to win once. So you only have to buy one ticket, at some time in the future to be able to legitimately dream of winning a huge jackpot.

You so crazy! White Bounce

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: November 29, 2011, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

You so crazy! White Bounce

For all gamblers, even small-time bettors, gambling at the very least correlates with feelings such as irritation, frustration and aggravation then can worsen to agony, depression, violence and suicide. Gamblers may not always admit experiencing these feelings. However, gamblers definitely do experience these feelings. Even small-time $1 a week lottery players get irritated, frustrated and aggravated when always losing. Rarely though do gamblers only bet $1 a week even if saying that. When gamblers who say they only ever bet $1 a week, see a super jackpot getting big and bet $5, $10, $20 or more on it, then they are not $1 a week gamblers any longer. Gambling always means losing money. Usually losing more money than intended. The bottom line is that losing money and feeling all of these negative emotions is not fun, recreational or entertaining.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3047 Posts
          Posted: November 29, 2011, 7:33 pm - IP Logged

I like to play every week if I can because you can win smaller prizes if you don't win the jackpot.  Since you are more than likely not going to win the jackpot every drawing you can win smaller prizes like $1 million or $10,000 or $150 or $100 or the smaller prizes.  But you don't win if you don't play.-weshar75

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5595 Posts
            Posted: November 29, 2011, 9:41 pm - IP Logged

For all gamblers, even small-time bettors, gambling at the very least correlates with feelings such as irritation, frustration and aggravation then can worsen to agony, depression, violence and suicide. Gamblers may not always admit experiencing these feelings. However, gamblers definitely do experience these feelings. Even small-time $1 a week lottery players get irritated, frustrated and aggravated when always losing. Rarely though do gamblers only bet $1 a week even if saying that. When gamblers who say they only ever bet $1 a week, see a super jackpot getting big and bet $5, $10, $20 or more on it, then they are not $1 a week gamblers any longer. Gambling always means losing money. Usually losing more money than intended. The bottom line is that losing money and feeling all of these negative emotions is not fun, recreational or entertaining.

Actually, selling furniture correlates with feelings such as irritation, frustration,and aggravation, which has for me worsened to agony, depression, violence, and thoughts of suicide.

Gambling, with the hope of winning enough to retire helps relieve all those bad feelings.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11978 Posts
              Posted: November 30, 2011, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Actually, selling furniture correlates with feelings such as irritation, frustration,and aggravation, which has for me worsened to agony, depression, violence, and thoughts of suicide.

Gambling, with the hope of winning enough to retire helps relieve all those bad feelings.

On the positive side of things, millions of players will be buying 1 Quick Pick Ticket to test their Luck, since they believe that a $254.2 Millions powerball jackpot was won with 1 Quick Pick Ticket.I just feel that it is insane to chase a lottery jackpot by playing 1 quick pick ticket over and over again with negative results. I would rather save some lotto lines by skipping a few draws and buy 5 or 10 lines on one shot regardless of the jackpot size.

Member #0
                January 1, 2000
                0 Posts
                Posted: November 30, 2011, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

JP games are too hard to win. I stick with p-3. people always say someone wins most of the time, but many many losing tickets, millions, for one person to win. in powerball you have same odds as getting hit with meteor. I will buy california fantasy five maybe twice a month for a dollar each time, and that;s it. if you sit around all day long dreaming that winning a jp will get you out of your miserable rut, then you need head examined. Then it becomes an obsession and no longer fun to play.

I have some friends they say I will definetly win one day...ahha hha ah...come on you serious? most people play for 30 years and never win. imagine If they save that money in the bank.

20 dollars a week for 30 years equals about 30,000 dollars plus interest.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11978 Posts
                  Posted: December 1, 2011, 12:05 am - IP Logged

JP games are too hard to win. I stick with p-3. people always say someone wins most of the time, but many many losing tickets, millions, for one person to win. in powerball you have same odds as getting hit with meteor. I will buy california fantasy five maybe twice a month for a dollar each time, and that;s it. if you sit around all day long dreaming that winning a jp will get you out of your miserable rut, then you need head examined. Then it becomes an obsession and no longer fun to play.

I have some friends they say I will definetly win one day...ahha hha ah...come on you serious? most people play for 30 years and never win. imagine If they save that money in the bank.

20 dollars a week for 30 years equals about 30,000 dollars plus interest.

You are right saving money should our number one focus over the long run.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                    adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: December 1, 2011, 6:32 am - IP Logged

yeah the odds of winning the pot  are better if you buy 52 tickets in 1 draw than 1 ticket in 52 draws.

but who wants to wait  for 1 draw a year., its the many little dreams  ea week that keep people happy.

personally i dont know what draw im meant to  win, so i play em all.,

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: December 1, 2011, 10:47 am - IP Logged

yeah the odds of winning the pot  are better if you buy 52 tickets in 1 draw than 1 ticket in 52 draws.

but who wants to wait  for 1 draw a year., its the many little dreams  ea week that keep people happy.

personally i dont know what draw im meant to  win, so i play em all.,

I agree cuz like old Jerry Reed said: "When You're Hot You're Hot and When You're Not You're Not."

If you only play once, it might be when you're "Not."

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke