Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Please do not post news stories in the forums

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23259 Posts
Posted: November 29, 2011, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

For some reason, over the past couple of weeks there has been a flurry of people trying to post news stories in the Lottery Post forums again and again.

However, if you click on the Rules link on the left, you will see that posting news stories in the forums is not allowed.  They can only go in the News forum, or in your personal blog.

Anyone who wants to be the "lottery newsperson of record", digging up stories and posting them for all to see, I have no problem with that, but it can only be done in your personal blog.

If you want to see a news story posted in the main Lottery Post site, then the only option is to send me a news tip for consideration.  It is not OK to post follow-up stories as comments to news stories, and it is not OK to write about them in the Lottery Discussion forum (or any other forum).

There are MANY reasons for this, including legal reasons, so it is not something that is "OK to do once in a while" or if a big breaking news story hits the news.  It's not OK to send me a tip about it, and then go ahead and post about it in the forums also.

It may be personally frustrating for you that I cannot get a story posted at the exact moment that you see it on TV or within minutes of your news tip — or maybe that it doesn't get posted at all — but that's just the way it is, so don't be frustrated.  If you simply MUST tell the world, then by all means write about it in your blog.

If I see news stories posted on the forums, I'm obligated to delete them immediately, so please don't post a news story in the forums and then get all upset that it's missing soon after.  Likewise, if YOU see a news story posted in the forums, either posted as a new topic or as a reply to an existing topic (or as a comment in a legitimate news story), please help me out by clicking the Report Abuse link on the post so I can take care of it.

I appreciate everyone's help with this!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
    Member #93164
    June 23, 2010
    1313 Posts
    Posted: December 2, 2011, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

I agree what you said Todd. I won't post anything that is news stories in Lottery Post forums over again.I Agree!

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #49980
      February 21, 2007
      34092 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2011, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Ok Todd but sometimes them stories can be good hunches like yesterday. Ok I hear you next time I will put it in my Blog Happy Holidays!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.