Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

press conf ?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Phantasm.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
United States
Member #112968
June 29, 2011
3857 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2011, 4:42 pm - IP Logged

anyone else ever notice how at jp winners press conf.nothing much is said about, how much was spent before the win.

except to say they have been playing for years/decades,since that promotes the idea that you gotta keep playing,marketing ?

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10391 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2011, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

True haymaker, but don't forget the press conference is a huge p.r. opportunity for the lottery and it's unlikely any jackpot winner has ever spent as much on the lottery as they just won.

Maybe someone at the press confernce saying, Hey, now I'm even" would be hilarious!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19900 Posts
      Posted: December 10, 2011, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

A few years ago I remmeber reading about an 18 years old girl from Georgia who won the MegaMillions jackpot saying the winning ticket was the first lottery ticket she had ever bought.  Those kinds of stories just make us old lottery players feel we have been wasting our time and money playing all these years.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10391 Posts
        Posted: December 10, 2011, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

RJOh,

Speaks volumes about the luck factor though!

Another great comment for a JP winner:

"One more JP like this and then I'm even!"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
          United States
          Member #112968
          June 29, 2011
          3857 Posts
          Posted: December 10, 2011, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

A few years ago I remmeber reading about an 18 years old girl from Georgia who won the MegaMillions jackpot saying the winning ticket was the first lottery ticket she had ever bought.  Those kinds of stories just make us old lottery players feel we have been wasting our time and money playing all these years.

well i suppose that works if the person is only 18,

but i used to work w/ a guy that told me he was going to say just to piss ppl. off.

hes been buying tix for 40 years.

i posted that as a topic about 4 mon. ago,guess it buried in archives now.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
            Gurnee, Illinois
            United States
            Member #49731
            February 12, 2007
            919 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2011, 2:23 am - IP Logged

I agree.  I actually prefer to hear about people who say they have been playing for years using a combination of own picks and quick picks.  The first time players or players on a  whim winners piss me off a bit.  Kind of makes one hope to hear them suffering the same fate as Jack Whitaker and David Lee Edwards, but in reality, I don't wish ill will on anyone.  But I don't feel like my money spent on lottery has been wasted as each ticket I purchased allowed me to dream (until the drawing confirmed I hadn't won!).  And that, my friends, is priceless!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Milwaukee, WI
              United States
              Member #3131
              December 27, 2003
              665 Posts
              Posted: December 17, 2011, 10:49 pm - IP Logged

I agree.  I actually prefer to hear about people who say they have been playing for years using a combination of own picks and quick picks.  The first time players or players on a  whim winners piss me off a bit.  Kind of makes one hope to hear them suffering the same fate as Jack Whitaker and David Lee Edwards, but in reality, I don't wish ill will on anyone.  But I don't feel like my money spent on lottery has been wasted as each ticket I purchased allowed me to dream (until the drawing confirmed I hadn't won!).  And that, my friends, is priceless!

I would welcome going to the press conf.  Wearing my Recall Scott Walker T shirt.

blue-shirt-web.jpg

And maybe the Mark P for Governor addition....  :-)

Member #0
                January 1, 2000
                0 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2011, 2:47 am - IP Logged

anyone else ever notice how at jp winners press conf.nothing much is said about, how much was spent before the win.

except to say they have been playing for years/decades,since that promotes the idea that you gotta keep playing,marketing ?

does it really matter? think about it. would you really complain about how long it took? True, the ideal moment to win is at an early age, but i couldn't imagine a 90 year old JP winner who played for 30 years complain about how long it took to win. they'll still be overjoyed knowing they could leave it for their loved ones after they were gone.

the lottery doesn't need to promote playing for years to get more revenue. I believe even the dumbest amongst us knows that it's a long shot and that you have to either be SUPER lucky, or be persistent. No other way i can think of.

San Diego, CA
                  United States
                  Member #120384
                  December 18, 2011
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: December 18, 2011, 5:13 am - IP Logged

hi haymaker, it always irks me to see amateur journalism, with incomplete lottery win stories.