Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do the lottery people have a general idea of where the juicy scratch offs are?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #120281
December 15, 2011
35 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2011, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

In other words, how much human intervention is involved in creating the juicy tickets ($100, $500, and so forth)?  Is it done by computer with human input of some kind?  I would like that everything is randomly done via computer.  Yet, I see lot numbers and wonder if the guy who feeds the info into the computer know where the winners are in terms of the lot numbers.  What do you think?

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
    The Ville, FL
    United States
    Member #95879
    August 19, 2010
    1708 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2011, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

In other words, how much human intervention is involved in creating the juicy tickets ($100, $500, and so forth)?  Is it done by computer with human input of some kind?  I would like that everything is randomly done via computer.  Yet, I see lot numbers and wonder if the guy who feeds the info into the computer know where the winners are in terms of the lot numbers.  What do you think?

The lottery commision will tell us to we are all blue in the face, that they are truly "Random", howevere MANY people doubt this.

In a nustshell, it is very hard to say for certain.

I can tell ya one thing, look at the $20 Florida Millionaires Club. The first 4/5 winners all came from the Tampa area. With 13,000 + retailers spread throughout Florida, its kinda strange that 4 of the Top Prizes all came from the same 30 mile radius

long beach, Cali
      United States
      Member #120001
      December 7, 2011
      64 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2011, 12:58 am - IP Logged

I read an article a long time ago where a Lotto employee would know a specific store where the big jackpot prizes where and his buddy would go and buy the whole roll. They did this enough times to make the lottery suspicious and got caught. They won, well i wouldnt say won but they came out with 347,000 around there... Pretty crazy.. im pretty sure the lottery changed their ways after this guy.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
        Florida
        United States
        Member #104435
        January 14, 2011
        2244 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2011, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

I read an article a long time ago where a Lotto employee would know a specific store where the big jackpot prizes where and his buddy would go and buy the whole roll. They did this enough times to make the lottery suspicious and got caught. They won, well i wouldnt say won but they came out with 347,000 around there... Pretty crazy.. im pretty sure the lottery changed their ways after this guy.

I read on here something similar happened in Illinois where a lotto official told his friends where a $1 Million winner was located. they bought every ticket in that gas station of that game and were later caught.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19817 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2011, 6:02 pm - IP Logged

I read on here something similar happened in Illinois where a lotto official told his friends where a $1 Million winner was located. they bought every ticket in that gas station of that game and were later caught.

I read that same story, the security guard accidentally got a peak at one of the lists used to confirm winning tickets which had the roll numbers of the winning ticket and then he checked another list that had the name of the retailer that received that roll.  Normally he wouldn't have access to both lists.  He told two of his friends about it and they traveled to the retailer and bought the whole roll of tickets.  He was planning to retire with his share of the winnings and didn't think a 3-way split was fair and it didn't set well with his friends so one of them exposed the whole scheme.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking