Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Connecticut Classic Lottery CT 6/44

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #98539
October 9, 2010
57 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2011, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

I have a question.  Lottery Post says that the very first game for the Connecticut Classic Lotto was on June 1, 1999.

However, I know that the very first drawing actually took place on July 7, 1998.     From July 7, 1998 until June 1, 1999,  The game was drawn with a bonus ball.  However, as of June 1, 1999, the bonus ball was discontinued.

This is my question then.  I know that the lottery currently has a matrix of Pick 6 from 44 numbers and that presumably, it has had that matrix since June 1, 1999. 

What I want to know is if the matrix was pick 6 from 44 when the game had the bonus ball or if it was different.   The date the lottery was changed was June 1, 1999.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks.

Sincerely,

Kosh

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2011, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

We had a similar problem in Ohio. 

On 10/08/05, Ohio discontinued its Super Lotto (6/49+1) game which was losing money since its jackpot grew a million dollars after each drawing and it had lost popularity after PB and MM came onto the scene.  They replaced it with Lot'O Play which sold for $2 per ticket which proved to be even less popular so on 01/22/07 they brought back a 6/49 game with no bonus named Classic Lotto with a jackpot that only grew $100K after each drawing.

Since I played the older Super Lotto game, I combine the newer Classic Lotto file with my old Super Lotto file when I'm picking numbers to play.   Had I not had the old file, I could have gotten it from Ohio Lotter website archives which has a file for all the drawings Ohio has ever had.  You might try looking at your state lottery website archives too.

Good  luck!

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

JonnyBgood07's avatar - Patriots logo1.jpg
      Connecticut
      United States
      Member #61623
      May 29, 2008
      20581 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2011, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

It looks like it was 6/40 prior to 1989 if I read the article right.....even prior to that, the game was called something different and started out as a 6/36

"No matter how bad things may get, I'd like to thank my middle finger

for always sticking up for me.."

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

It looks like it was 6/40 prior to 1989 if I read the article right.....even prior to that, the game was called something different and started out as a 6/36

That's right, it was a different game.  The Lotto game (not "Classic" Lotto) started on Nov. 7, 1983.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!