Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

mega million jackpots not going up as quick

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WV
United States
Member #107175
March 2, 2011
100 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2011, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot for Friday dec 23 drawing is for 173 million with a cash option of 130 million. While both big jackpots i noticed there not going up as high as last 2 drawings where there were this many layovers. this will be the 15th drawing since the last winner. the last 2 times it went this long were for the March 15 drawing where on the 15th drawing the jp was 319 mill with a sach option of 203 mill and the Dec 31 drawing for 242 mill and cash option 154 mill. This was the drawing where noone hit and the next drawing jumped to 380 mill with a cash option of 240 mill. Not that id complain if i won but i wonder why there not moving up as quick. The powerball last big drawing was on there 14th draw and was for 254 mill with a cash option of 150 mill. Is it the economy or because both pb and mm jackpots are both over 100 million and that means more people are spending on both as opposed to spending more on 1 if the others jp isnt a big size jp as opposed to others being a big jp

Delaware
    United States
    Member #93503
    July 1, 2010
    453 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2011, 5:55 am - IP Logged

It has to do with annuity rates. The cash option is going up but the annuity is not so much.

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2011, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Now that the annuity JP is going over 200 Mill, it's jumping more.

I really don't pay attention to the annuity numbers though. I think only about the cash option.

I would be over 90 when I got the last check. Withe the government going the way it's going I don't even know if the US will be around by then,,,,,

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        Texas
        United States
        Member #55889
        October 23, 2007
        5589 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2011, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Now that the annuity JP is going over 200 Mill, it's jumping more.

I really don't pay attention to the annuity numbers though. I think only about the cash option.

I would be over 90 when I got the last check. Withe the government going the way it's going I don't even know if the US will be around by then,,,,,

My thoughts exactly!

With the annuity, I don't believe there can be any guarantee the money will be there for 25 or 30 years with the way the world economy is going.

OTOH, who knows if the dollar is going to be worth anything either? LOL.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5114 Posts
          Posted: December 24, 2011, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

The jackpot for Friday dec 23 drawing is for 173 million with a cash option of 130 million. While both big jackpots i noticed there not going up as high as last 2 drawings where there were this many layovers. this will be the 15th drawing since the last winner. the last 2 times it went this long were for the March 15 drawing where on the 15th drawing the jp was 319 mill with a sach option of 203 mill and the Dec 31 drawing for 242 mill and cash option 154 mill. This was the drawing where noone hit and the next drawing jumped to 380 mill with a cash option of 240 mill. Not that id complain if i won but i wonder why there not moving up as quick. The powerball last big drawing was on there 14th draw and was for 254 mill with a cash option of 150 mill. Is it the economy or because both pb and mm jackpots are both over 100 million and that means more people are spending on both as opposed to spending more on 1 if the others jp isnt a big size jp as opposed to others being a big jp

great observe:  Blue Angel

my suggestion would "B" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

win D jackpot before "D" >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

REPUBLICATION'$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

raise the the TAX on "D" DEMOCRATE (democrates)

"RICH">>>>(invest in wall street when rats rule)!!!!

"POOR">>(go on vacation to your favorite island)!!!

PartyWhite BouncePartyWhite BounceWhite BouncePartyWhite BouncePartyBlue Angel

Jack-in-the-Box