Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Should I Remain Anonymous with a $10K to $1 Million Win?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta, GA
United States
Member #71244
February 21, 2009
17 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2011, 4:45 am - IP Logged

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone thinks its worth the 'work' to create a blind trust and have my lawyer or financial advisors collect my winnings if its between $10,000 - $1,000,000? I'm DEFINITELY doing this when I hit a multi-million dollar jackpot, but was wondering if its worth it for a smaller win!

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
    British Columbia
    Canada
    Member #116101
    September 4, 2011
    4033 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2011, 6:02 am - IP Logged

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone thinks its worth the 'work' to create a blind trust and have my lawyer or financial advisors collect my winnings if its between $10,000 - $1,000,000? I'm DEFINITELY doing this when I hit a multi-million dollar jackpot, but was wondering if its worth it for a smaller win!

$10K really? really? Thud

"You have to be in it to win it!"

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5142 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2011, 8:59 am - IP Logged

$10K really? really? Thud

Yea>>>>aaaaaaa I'm working on my 2nd million $$$ win !

I'm still remaining anonymous on my 1st million $$$ win !

MERRY CHRISTMAS

HAPPY HANUKKAH

YO KWANZAA

Blue Angel PartyParty NoelJack-in-the-BoxNoel PartyPartyBlue Angel

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2011, 10:10 am - IP Logged

LOL at creating a blind trust at $10,000 LOL you mean $7,500 after taxes (probably less in GA)

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7341 Posts
          Posted: December 24, 2011, 10:51 am - IP Logged

"and have my lawyer or financial advisors collect my winnings"

Or your brother-in-law or a cousin. The check doesn't weigh that much, you pick it up.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: December 24, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

That's not enough for the community around you to care too much.  I doubt most strangers would hound you for a hand out, even on the million dollar prize.  So whether you need to remain anonymous depends upon your family.  If you're related to a nut job or two who would make your life miserable if they knew you had an extra windfall in your pocket, then by all means have someone else collect the money for you. 

Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to remain anonymous for less than 10 mil or so.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2011, 5:41 pm - IP Logged

I would just grow my eyebrows real long and tell everybody I was Joe-Joe the Dogface Boy.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Atlanta, GA
                United States
                Member #71244
                February 21, 2009
                17 Posts
                Posted: December 25, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

That's not enough for the community around you to care too much.  I doubt most strangers would hound you for a hand out, even on the million dollar prize.  So whether you need to remain anonymous depends upon your family.  If you're related to a nut job or two who would make your life miserable if they knew you had an extra windfall in your pocket, then by all means have someone else collect the money for you. 

Personally, I wouldn't go out of my way to remain anonymous for less than 10 mil or so.

Thanks HoLeeKau for your response, it was appreciated unlike the replies from the other losers who just wasted more of their time!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10390 Posts
                  Posted: December 25, 2011, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

I know $10,000 sounds like a pittance for a lottery win and not an amount to form a trust for, but let's face it, there would be those out there who would  know and care about only one thing, "Hey, I heard you won the lottery."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: December 25, 2011, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

Thanks HoLeeKau for your response, it was appreciated unlike the replies from the other losers who just wasted more of their time!

Pffffffffftt.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke