Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13078 replies. Last post 51 minutes ago by sam9009.

Page 417 of 872
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3702 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2014, 7:01 am - IP Logged

I friend of mine at work got 4 out of 5 on one of her regular lines.   She plays 15-16-17-18-19 every day.

Even though there were no jackpots winners last night she only got $457 for 2nd place.

The night before there was also no jackpot winners but the 2nd place winners got $818.  But there were only 198 of the $818 winners and there were 363 2nd place winners last night.   

So that is a good reason not to use "gimmicky" number selections.   IMHO....of course.

I agree.

There have been over 6,000 Take5 drawings and never once have five numbers in sequence been drawn.  Add to that thousands of drawings in other states of their Pick 5 games where it's never happened, and you can see why it's not a good thing to do.  But to each their own.  It's very unlikely it will happen, but it's certainly possible.

Many people play 1 2 3 4 5.  If it ever hits, because so many people play it, each winner's share of the jackpot will look to them like they won a second place prize. Because it's so hard to hit five numbers, can you imagine how they'd feel?  I dont want to know what it feels like to know that I hit a Jackpot and received hardly any money for it.

I could get on a BIG soapbox here, but I wont.  Many people forget that playing the lottery is a SUCKER's BET!  You have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning big money.  If you want to play, go ahead and have some fun and do it! But know that you're most likely throwing your money away, so try to do it as "smartly" as possible. (If there even is such a thing as playing "smartly")

I play for fun/entertainment.  Yes, absolutely I'll take it should I be fortunate to win huge money. But I NEVER bet more than I think I can afford, and I DO NOT expect to win.  Sure, I have Gail Howard's Advantage Plus, and I goof around with some Excel spreadsheets that I made, looking for "an edge".  I've never found an edge. But I'll keep on looking for one because I enjoy it. I kill a lot of time I have, and I also kill the few extra bucks I have my wallet.  But who knows?  Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll get it all back someday.  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
    NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3702 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2014, 7:27 am - IP Logged

There's been a 41st set of Take5 numbers that has been drawn twice.  I dont know when it happened, so I cant tell you what the set of five numbers were. It happened fairly recently as best I can determine. 

Since the very first T5 drawing on January 17, 1992 (Happy Birthday to Take5) there have been 6,128 drawings. Because 41 sets of five numbers were drawn twice, that means 6,087 sets of five numbers were drawn once. There are 575,757 possible combinations of five numbers.  That means, 569,670 sets of five numbers have never been drawn.  That also says that 98.9% of the possible combinations of five numbers that could be drawn, have never been drawn.

So what!  I'm still gonna play anyway!  Know why? (Yes, you're right, because I want the money!) but besides that, if there was a new and different set of T5 numbers drawn everyday, it'd take 1,577 years for all 575,757 sets of five numbers to be drawn.  I cant wait THAT long!  I want that money NOW!!!!!!!

Money money money!  That's what I want!  (The Beatles)

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

United States
      Member #94616
      July 24, 2010
      4735 Posts
      Posted: January 18, 2014, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

WOW!!! Double repeat AND in the SAME poistions, 19 & 29!  Not sure I remember that happening?

10-19-25-29-33 

United States
        Member #124493
        March 14, 2012
        7023 Posts
        Posted: January 18, 2014, 11:41 pm - IP Logged

There's been a 41st set of Take5 numbers that has been drawn twice.  I dont know when it happened, so I cant tell you what the set of five numbers were. It happened fairly recently as best I can determine. 

Since the very first T5 drawing on January 17, 1992 (Happy Birthday to Take5) there have been 6,128 drawings. Because 41 sets of five numbers were drawn twice, that means 6,087 sets of five numbers were drawn once. There are 575,757 possible combinations of five numbers.  That means, 569,670 sets of five numbers have never been drawn.  That also says that 98.9% of the possible combinations of five numbers that could be drawn, have never been drawn.

So what!  I'm still gonna play anyway!  Know why? (Yes, you're right, because I want the money!) but besides that, if there was a new and different set of T5 numbers drawn everyday, it'd take 1,577 years for all 575,757 sets of five numbers to be drawn.  I cant wait THAT long!  I want that money NOW!!!!!!!

Money money money!  That's what I want!  (The Beatles)

If you dont know, then put in some work and find out and enlighten us all!!!!

Lazy international business machine maniplators.Razz

Happy Birthday take five!!! 

I dont remember that Beatles song.

Even after 1,577 years I would bet that there would still be two or three combinations not drawn.

Hey! doesn't it take like 25,000 years for 1 2 3 4 5  to be drawn?

United States
          Member #94616
          July 24, 2010
          4735 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2014, 5:58 am - IP Logged

WOW!!! Double repeat AND in the SAME poistions, 19 & 29!  Not sure I remember that happening?

10-19-25-29-33 

2nd night in a row - ODD #'s dominate 4 of 5 both nights!

03-13-15-34-35 

Upstate NY
            United States
            Member #140390
            March 17, 2013
            224 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2014, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

I have had a dry spell recently and not so much as a free play since last Saturday.   But last night I got 3 out of 5 for $23.   Power number tonight is 24.

United States
              Member #94616
              July 24, 2010
              4735 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2014, 8:28 pm - IP Logged

I have had a dry spell recently and not so much as a free play since last Saturday.   But last night I got 3 out of 5 for $23.   Power number tonight is 24.

NICE!!! I also am playing the 24 with a QP for the rest of the numbers... 

United States
                Member #124493
                March 14, 2012
                7023 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2014, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

You know, I have been staring at my charts for over an hour and the future is still uncertain. 

I always happen to think of a "new" line.

Over the last couple of days I have been thinking the White Bounce of J.I.M. will reappear soon.

However its a big FIB.  I dont like big fibs unless they are regular fibs..

I am thinking perhaps the 24 will score with the 25.  But the 24 max skip is fifty three games, so thats almost a week away.

United States
                  Member #94616
                  July 24, 2010
                  4735 Posts
                  Posted: January 22, 2014, 4:17 am - IP Logged

Yea T-5 has been odd lately.. single digits have gone south to hide from the cold, not sure if they will return soon or stay away????

Maybe they are stuck in the snow storm to the south -- LOL!! 

Upstate NY
                    United States
                    Member #140390
                    March 17, 2013
                    224 Posts
                    Posted: January 22, 2014, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Third day in a row for the 32.   How about showing the number 24 some love????

tmoneyyy's avatar - Lottery-065.jpg
                      amityville,new york
                      United States
                      Member #51844
                      April 27, 2007
                      6517 Posts
                      Posted: January 23, 2014, 3:55 am - IP Logged

It caught my
                      attention.........
                      19-20-29-32
                      are on Fire!

My 2 cents.........

United States
                        Member #94616
                        July 24, 2010
                        4735 Posts
                        Posted: January 23, 2014, 5:19 am - IP Logged

It caught my
                        attention.........
                        19-20-29-32
                        are on Fire!

huh, good point.  Normally I thought 3 times was the norm for numbers to show in a short time.  But the 20 breaks that hitting 4 times since 1/13. So will we see the 19, 29, 32 pop one more time?

Still missing low digits and even digits...hummmmm

hicksville new york
                          United States
                          Member #150417
                          December 21, 2013
                          189 Posts
                          Posted: January 23, 2014, 8:21 pm - IP Logged

how abou this

2-18-20-27-28

3-19-21-28-29 last night 

4-20-22-29-30

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                            Whiskey Island
                            United States
                            Member #90216
                            April 24, 2010
                            12740 Posts
                            Posted: January 23, 2014, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

You know, I have been staring at my charts for over an hour and the future is still uncertain. 

I always happen to think of a "new" line.

Over the last couple of days I have been thinking the White Bounce of J.I.M. will reappear soon.

However its a big FIB.  I dont like big fibs unless they are regular fibs..

I am thinking perhaps the 24 will score with the 25.  But the 24 max skip is fifty three games, so thats almost a week away.

LB ,

What wrong charts have you confused ?  You need a little help ....

CW4

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                              Whiskey Island
                              United States
                              Member #90216
                              April 24, 2010
                              12740 Posts
                              Posted: January 24, 2014, 2:07 am - IP Logged

New York (NY) Take 5 Lottery Results

Draw Date  Results 
                              Thu, Jan 23, 201401-04-05-08-15?

Page 417 of 872