Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The larger the state...worse odds?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Urbangirlie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #120606
December 23, 2011
7 Posts
Posted: January 21, 2012, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

Hi - This is my first Lottery Post.....Lurking

I live in California.  We have (over) 21,000 retailers who sell scratchers.  I often feel the 'odds' of finding a big winner, say $20K or higher, particularly daunting compared to smaller states with less retailers.  I have been playing scratchers for years and the biggest wins were 2 $100 on the new $10 game.  Ugh....guess I'll keep scratching lol!

Does anyone else feel the same way?

PS...I am jealous of the states with 5 million $ scratchers Mad

LA CA
    United States
    Member #118691
    November 6, 2011
    416 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2012, 11:06 am - IP Logged

I am in CA too and started playing scratchers a few months back. Max I have won is $30 and a "free $5 ticket' a couple of times.. I have noticed a majority of winners are located in urban cities like LA, SD and SFO. Not really sure of the odds ..

United States
      Member #120606
      December 23, 2011
      7 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I am in CA too and started playing scratchers a few months back. Max I have won is $30 and a "free $5 ticket' a couple of times.. I have noticed a majority of winners are located in urban cities like LA, SD and SFO. Not really sure of the odds ..

Haha, I am in the city and there has been 3 'Million dollar tickets', but alas none of them were me :( I think it makes it worse when there is a big winner so close to home.  Just another case of being in the right place at the right time I guess.  Good luck to you *mnsweeps*

Who ever said patience is a virtue didn't play the lottery!

-UrbangirlieLovies