Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:37 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

System sellers advetising tricks

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by garyo1954.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: January 22, 2012, 1:34 am - IP Logged

This is interesting:

From Win Track, Pick Game Destroyer, by Chuck Delwin

From Empire Press, Power-Edge 3, by Lou Redman:

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10392 Posts
    Posted: January 22, 2012, 1:53 am - IP Logged

Ironically, a search for Power-Edge 3 led me right back to LP (this happens a lot!).

Wheeler posted a thread about it last summer.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1847 Posts
      Posted: January 22, 2012, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

Ironically, a search for Power-Edge 3 led me right back to LP (this happens a lot!).

Wheeler posted a thread about it last summer.

CT, how to use a forum is one of the biggest tricks of internet advertising. Look at the MSN or Yahoo comment sections of the news articles. I've seen some with half a dozen ads in a row.

Using (or misusing) a forum is not much different. All you need is a (or a couple of) handle(s) to create a topic and carry on a conversation. Biggest red flag is when you see a thread trashing or praising a method and someone asks where to get it.

You get banned? So what? You just make a new handle tomorrow.

It is the same principle that has sold every product from chewing gum to paper towels. Want a happy, healthy kid? Feed him this cereal! Paper towel not doing the job? Buy this one!

The key trick in advertising is, 1) Present a problem, and 2) Offer a solution.

"Hello Jennifer? My car is up a telephone pole again."

"Well, Bob, that's why you should have XYZ insurance."

Truth: I read all threads that deal with, trash, praise, or otherwise discusses the merit of any system with a good deal of suspicion.

United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: January 22, 2012, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

garyo1954,

What you said is all too true. I was at a seminar once on internet marketing and they suggested posing as different people on different forums telling everyone about these great new fishing lures you've been using (of course, the example product was fishing lures).

With the two books in the OP (I received sales letters via snail mail) I just thought it was odd that they didn't even bother using different book covers (probably actually booklet covers, if any) and just changed the one a litttle bit.

A little more digging and I found out that Win Track is selling both books, but the first ad for the Power-Edge came from empire Press, which is in the same state. I'm wondering if they both have the same parent company or use different publishung names in different locations.

Lep

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
          Member #13130
          March 30, 2005
          2171 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

The covers looks different to me, but I'm also not seeing the "trick". What?

I haven't seen any system for sale better than a) I could write on my own or b) wasn't available in some form or another for free.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Dallas, Texas
            United States
            Member #4549
            May 2, 2004
            1847 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

The covers looks different to me, but I'm also not seeing the "trick". What?

I haven't seen any system for sale better than a) I could write on my own or b) wasn't available in some form or another for free.

Time*T

Agree with you on writing your own, and getting to know people here who do.

We have a lot of good programmers here who do great work and share it. 

The one cover looks like they repositioned and resized the picture to focus on the 17?

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4093 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2012, 9:10 am - IP Logged

Gary

This is funny,  it seems the surest way to make money on the lottery is to sell something that

tells others how to win.   If it does not sell just give it a new name or add some new art work.

If you can sell enough copies to people willing to spend a few hundred bucks using the methods

prerscribed then chance is sure to get you a few testimonials of big wins.   There is enough free

stuff that one should never have to buy anything.  Most state lottery pages have a few tools

that one can use and a number of free resources exist on the web.   I suggest to anyone with

a few extra bucks to spend, forget the books and buy a few more tickets.  If I had a book out

that produced results, changing it's appearance would be unthinkable.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1847 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2012, 7:26 pm - IP Logged

Gary

This is funny,  it seems the surest way to make money on the lottery is to sell something that

tells others how to win.   If it does not sell just give it a new name or add some new art work.

If you can sell enough copies to people willing to spend a few hundred bucks using the methods

prerscribed then chance is sure to get you a few testimonials of big wins.   There is enough free

stuff that one should never have to buy anything.  Most state lottery pages have a few tools

that one can use and a number of free resources exist on the web.   I suggest to anyone with

a few extra bucks to spend, forget the books and buy a few more tickets.  If I had a book out

that produced results, changing it's appearance would be unthinkable.

RL

RL,

I'm with you on that. More tickets will get you to a win faster than the book. LOL

And I say that with apologies to BobP who has, IMO, the most comprehesive and best organized book/site I've seen.

Forgot to mention if a troll advertiser really goes uot of his way, one of his fake hndles will be a pretty female...lol.

GOOD TO SEE YOU!