Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 2:46 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about Pick 4 Ways of Winnings

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
p4wanbi's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
WA
United States
Member #122238
January 27, 2012
180 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2012, 10:05 am - IP Logged

I am not posting a link or directing this post to somewhere else. I posted this in th wrong forum and someone deleted it. I do apologize for that. Please let me know if someone has a clear path of ways of winnings on Pick 4 at the VA Lottery. Their website did state most but I am just uncertain of different ways.

Let's just say the numbers last night for example, 1217, and my #'s were 7218. I played with "ANY" option. Did I win anything at all? Their website wasn't as thorough as I wish it could be.

thanks much in advance. If you were to delete this, please at least answer my question?

Member #0
    January 1, 2000
    0 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I am not posting a link or directing this post to somewhere else. I posted this in th wrong forum and someone deleted it. I do apologize for that. Please let me know if someone has a clear path of ways of winnings on Pick 4 at the VA Lottery. Their website did state most but I am just uncertain of different ways.

Let's just say the numbers last night for example, 1217, and my #'s were 7218. I played with "ANY" option. Did I win anything at all? Their website wasn't as thorough as I wish it could be.

thanks much in advance. If you were to delete this, please at least answer my question?

no, you didn't win anything. If you play boxed, or "any", all four numbers must match your numbers.

Some states allow you to choose front pair, middle pair and back pairs in p-4. BUT, you can only win that fashion If the pair you chose comes in that exact way. for example, if I choose to play the pick 4 front pair, let's say I pick "12" as my front pair, well, the "12" has to be in that exact order for me to win. If the winning front pair is 21, you don't win. In other words, you can't box front, middle or back pairs. there's no option to play those pairs boxed.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: January 27, 2012, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

p4wanbi,

Your location shows as WA but you mentioned the VA lottery. Could that be a typo and it's the MA lottery?

The Mass. lottery offers out of state subsciptions and I think it's the only game with an "Any" option. As far as I know, there is no Pick 3 in Mass. but a Pick 4 with the options of Any 1, 2, 3 also. I think ech one is an extra $1.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.