Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:00 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Cheating FL Lottery Store Retailer

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by CDanaT.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Port st lucie, FL
United States
Member #110275
April 29, 2011
34 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

Stopped by a kinda new gas station Called West Star and started playing $10 Lucky 100,000 a year for life. Got ticket #3 loser 4 loser 5 loser 6 loser go back in the clerk hands me #8. I was like hmmm where did #7 go his explanation i must of sold it. Well im the only person at the gas station i continue to chew his head off and use a sluray of harsh words lol and after about 10 mins of me hounding and telling him what i think of him he grabs #7 out from under the counter and said here take it. WOW was all i could think to myself, this guy is "cherry picking" tickets on people i told him i will never be back and he comes running to my truck when i was going to leave saying hes very sorry do i need #8 and i told him it was in his best entrance to go inside. My blood was boiling lol how can clerks get away with this.

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
    usa
    United States
    Member #89197
    April 2, 2010
    2826 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Well they can't .. and I'm sure he is worried about not having a job tomorrow.. LOL..

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
      Florida
      United States
      Member #104435
      January 14, 2011
      2244 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

Unbelievable. did # 007 win anything ?

I have had this happen a few times. the culprits are usually "Patels" in gas stations or 7-11's. thats why you see them win all the time....

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
        Member #97729
        September 22, 2010
        321 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

I know it happens, but I think they can legally purchase them just as we can. I have had the same thing happen to me, and even worse. I went to one station and purchased $10 Jingle Jumbo Bucks #007, scratched it, lost, got a couple of free tickets, and I got down to #002. I told the clerk I wanted the last two tickets, he just told me that I had purchased the last to tickets. I said no, rolls end in 000, not 002. He finally admitted that the owner liked to buy the first two tickets, and that was perfectly legal. I told him yes it would, if he bought them in the same order that he sold them to me. I asked him if I could ask for certain tickets off the roll and he said no. I called the Georgia Lottery Commission, and sent them emails, and the security guy didn't seem to interested. He kept giving me his number and telling me to call him, but I was always getting home after the office was closed. I finally gave up.

By the way, if I was a clerk, I would do the same thing. I would watch someone buy four $20 tickets, scratch them off and throw them away and leave. Then I would buy the next two.

Also, James1, how do you get so many big winners? I have been playing about 2-3 year and I am sure I have spent at least $20,000+ on the lottery, but the most I have won is $300 twice, $250 once, $150 once, and numerous $100 winners. I probably have already asked you that. Do you have a system, or do you just spend a <snip>load on tickets?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
          Florida
          United States
          Member #104435
          January 14, 2011
          2244 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2012, 5:36 pm - IP Logged

I know it happens, but I think they can legally purchase them just as we can. I have had the same thing happen to me, and even worse. I went to one station and purchased $10 Jingle Jumbo Bucks #007, scratched it, lost, got a couple of free tickets, and I got down to #002. I told the clerk I wanted the last two tickets, he just told me that I had purchased the last to tickets. I said no, rolls end in 000, not 002. He finally admitted that the owner liked to buy the first two tickets, and that was perfectly legal. I told him yes it would, if he bought them in the same order that he sold them to me. I asked him if I could ask for certain tickets off the roll and he said no. I called the Georgia Lottery Commission, and sent them emails, and the security guy didn't seem to interested. He kept giving me his number and telling me to call him, but I was always getting home after the office was closed. I finally gave up.

By the way, if I was a clerk, I would do the same thing. I would watch someone buy four $20 tickets, scratch them off and throw them away and leave. Then I would buy the next two.

Also, James1, how do you get so many big winners? I have been playing about 2-3 year and I am sure I have spent at least $20,000+ on the lottery, but the most I have won is $300 twice, $250 once, $150 once, and numerous $100 winners. I probably have already asked you that. Do you have a system, or do you just spend a <snip>load on tickets?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

There are many more luckier people than me on this board. have you seen skeptics wins ?

Whats worked for me is buying older games by the roll or just buying the next ticket after i find 5 straight losers in the trash bin. clerks have great advantages.

2014 Highest Winner: $500

Scorpion Queen's avatar - scene sunovermountains.jpg
            Georgia
            United States
            Member #118983
            November 12, 2011
            72 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2012, 5:50 pm - IP Logged

Such activity should not be allowed!I Agree! I just buy a roll when I'm feeling like treating myself or celebrating a special occasion. At least I know there is no tampering.

temptustoo's avatar - cat anm.gif
              usa
              United States
              Member #89197
              April 2, 2010
              2826 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

A clerk is not allowed to purchase tickets at most stores.. You are fired immediately

United States
                Member #97729
                September 22, 2010
                321 Posts
                Posted: January 30, 2012, 3:54 am - IP Logged

A clerk is not allowed to purchase tickets at most stores.. You are fired immediately

There is no law against it in Georgia, but I don't know about other states. Now that does not mean that it is not against the retailer's rules. One store owner told me that he would not hire anyone that played the lottery. A clerk at another store told me that they are not allowed to play and the owner would watch the tapes and fire anyone that played. Most clerks say they don't play, but I think a good number of them do, especially station owners. What are they going to do? Fire themselves? I knew a cashier at Winn Dixie many years ago who won $2,000 and $10,000 in scratch-offs from the same machine within a few days. I don't know if she was working at the time or not. I wish I could be so lucky. I think I am going to get a job at a gas station, as long as I can sit down. I have a bad back and can't stand for hours on end.

There has got to be some reason that I have not had a significant win. My best win by odds was $100 on a $1 ticket. It was a game the year before last year around Halloween called Jack O Lantern Cash. If I remember correctly, that was odds of 1 in 4,800, maybe even worse. If I won at odds like that with a $20 ticket, I would win $1,000 or more depending on the game. None of the newer $1 games have those odds.

Let me give you an example: a $1 ticket, Ruby Riches has odds of 1 in 60,000 of winning $100. The $10 Game $100 Million Cash Blast has odds of 1 in 33 of winning $100. The $20 game Game Maximum Green  has odds of 1 in 32 of winning $100. You might say to yourself why not buy the $10 ticket, after all you get the same odds of winning $100 for half the price. Now lets go to odds of winning $250. The $10 game has odds of 1 in 1,101, while the $20 game has odds of 1 in 275. Now let's go to the odds of winning $500 in those two tickets. The $10 ticket has odds of 1 in 3,000, while the $20 game has odds of 1 in 545. For $1,000, the $10 ticket has odds of 1 in 6,000 and the $20 ticket has odds of 1 in 2,000. Now lets go to $10,000. The $10 game has odds of 1 in 60,000, while the $20 ticket has odds of 1 in 30,000. OK that is even in terms of dollars per odds.  The top pay for the $10 ticket is $1,000,000 with odds of 1 in 2,400,000. The $20 game has odds of winning $1,000,000 of 1 in 840,000, and a top prize of $5,000,000 with odds of 1 in 3,360,000. That same $1 Game, Ruby Riches, has a top prize of $9,000 with odds of 1 in 1,200,000. Yo get odds of 1 in 133 to win $10!

That is why it is extremely rare that I purchase a ticket under $5. I spend 80% of my money on $20 tickets, 15% on $10 tickets, and 4.95% on $5 tickets, and less than .05% on tickets less than $5.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                  TX
                  United States
                  Member #121193
                  January 4, 2012
                  1637 Posts
                  Posted: January 30, 2012, 10:44 am - IP Logged

Unbelievable. did # 007 win anything ?

I have had this happen a few times. the culprits are usually "Patels" in gas stations or 7-11's. thats why you see them win all the time....

I had a similar probem at a local store, the lady was scanning my tix and I had 5 or 6 different winning free tix and one that had an $8 winner..I ordered some more fantasy 5s and a few PBs and FL lotto and she claimed I owed her money. I said "OH NO I DONT, it is right up there on the screen" and she tried to argue and so I told her to pull the ticket from her throw away box...she agreed and then all of a sudden it was "Oh yes you did win and it didnt show up on the register"....hmmmmmmm /  REALLY ??  REALLY ????   I was born during the week but not LAST week !!!
                  But it did show up on the Florida lotto screen when she scanned it the first time..........   Got to be weary of folks with bad morals...Trust nobody, always verify and  recheck those tickets out ahead of time.

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way