Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about pick 5 playing strategy. Want your opinion

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
The Ville, FL
United States
Member #95879
August 19, 2010
1708 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

Hello LP peeps

I have a question & I'm curious to see the different opinions.

Lets say we have a pick 5 game with 36 #s in total (1-36). Total combinations would be 376,992.

Say you have 2 strategies to pick from. I'm curious to see which option you'd rather go with and why.

Option 1:
You play $5 each draw.
For your picks, you play the same 3 #'s daily & the 2 remaining #'s  are Quick Picks. So basically each daily draw you'd have 3 of the same #'s and 2 QP's on each of the 5 lines.

In this option, once your 3 #s are drawn, it would leave you with a lot better odds than 376,992.

Option 2:
You play $5 each draw.
For this option, you play a certain pattern. For example, lets say the "due" pattern is all 5#'s being from the the #'s 1-19 only. In this option, this pattern is due every 30 draws  on average, and it has currently been 40 draws, so you have a strong feeling this pattern will come up soon.

Would you pick Option 1, playing the same 3 #'s every day and wait for them to come up & pray you QP'd the last 2 winning #'s?

OR do you go with Option 2, and play the "Due pattern" daily until that pattern comes up? (once the "due" pattern comes up, you would switch to the next due pattern).

If you had to pick one of these options and stick with it for a while, what would you do?

Thanks. I'm interested in seeing the different thoughts/opinions on this

-B

Las Vegas, NV
    United States
    Member #44841
    August 9, 2006
    1749 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:34 pm - IP Logged

Hey B$Rizzle,

I tend to play a format like Option 2 while including a variation of Option 1.  Here's what I mean: I look for the patterns that have formed over the history of the game, and because there's usually a few I will take those patterns that seem most due (a pair/triad) and wheel them with the other  most due numbers.  In a game like yours (1-36) it looks like there are a lot of repeats and consecutives that hit as well so that factor would need to be included in any strategy.  So after all that I might have 3 key/power #s (Option 1) wheeled with #s from the Option 2 scenario.

Side Note: I just got up and didn't have my coffee yet so hope I wasn't jumbled up ...

M

The Ville, FL
      United States
      Member #95879
      August 19, 2010
      1708 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2012, 1:46 pm - IP Logged

Hey B$Rizzle,

I tend to play a format like Option 2 while including a variation of Option 1.  Here's what I mean: I look for the patterns that have formed over the history of the game, and because there's usually a few I will take those patterns that seem most due (a pair/triad) and wheel them with the other  most due numbers.  In a game like yours (1-36) it looks like there are a lot of repeats and consecutives that hit as well so that factor would need to be included in any strategy.  So after all that I might have 3 key/power #s (Option 1) wheeled with #s from the Option 2 scenario.

Side Note: I just got up and didn't have my coffee yet so hope I wasn't jumbled up ...

M

Thanks for the response Feisty. I've been playing the pick 5 game here in FL (Fantasy 5) for a while now. So I've decided to try and stick with one strategy for a while & see what happens. It always seems, when I play a pattern (Option 2), or certain #'s repeatedly for a while (Option 1), I end up giving up after a while and try another route. Then as soon as I change it up, those #s come up.

I guess I need to be more patient. I've came close a decent amount of times in the past (4/5), but can't seem to nail all 5.

Looking forward to hearing others opinions as well. It's nice to hear opinions & thoughts from other Lottery peeps!

Thanks!

-B

Las Vegas, NV
        United States
        Member #44841
        August 9, 2006
        1749 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:03 pm - IP Logged

You're welcome. I forgot to add that its very difficult to keep it to $5 and win ... or at least in short order in my opinion.  I've been playing NY's Take-5 since it started and hit 5/5 way back in 2001, was living in NJ for a bit and played their 5/40 (best I did was 4/5 a few times) & their 6/49 got 5/6 four times and now that I'm in Vegas I've been trying my hand at CA's Fan5 ... this one is kicking my A$$.  Patience is definitely key and trusting your choices ... I can't tell you how many times I've put picks down only for them to show up the next drawing!

I don't mind sharing ideas/strategies (tried to a few times) but most people are quick pooh pooh and judge stuff without offering anything.

Good Luck!

The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I don't mind sharing ideas/strategies (tried to a few times) but most people are quick pooh pooh and judge stuff without offering anything.

I definitely agree with that ^^^, which is why I titled the post the way I did. Looking for opinions/Ideas on the 2 options without starting a pissing match. Didn't want this thread to go downhill like some others lol

Anyways, I was playing $10 per draw for a while and decided to take it a bit slower this go around. That way it wouldn't feel like as much of a loss. I also play scratchers a decent amount, but since those are instants, many of times you can re-coup the losses alot faster. On the Pick 5 games where you're going for a Top Prize right off the bat, it's easier to NOT re-coup the money over time, since they are mostly losers.

Im definitly going to be more patient this year and Im sure good things will come.

Thanks again, and have a good one!

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2012, 2:50 pm - IP Logged

Hello LP peeps

I have a question & I'm curious to see the different opinions.

Lets say we have a pick 5 game with 36 #s in total (1-36). Total combinations would be 376,992.

Say you have 2 strategies to pick from. I'm curious to see which option you'd rather go with and why.

Option 1:
            You play $5 each draw.
            For your picks, you play the same 3 #'s daily & the 2 remaining #'s  are Quick Picks. So basically each daily draw you'd have 3 of the same #'s and 2 QP's on each of the 5 lines.

In this option, once your 3 #s are drawn, it would leave you with a lot better odds than 376,992.

Option 2:
            You play $5 each draw.
            For this option, you play a certain pattern. For example, lets say the "due" pattern is all 5#'s being from the the #'s 1-19 only. In this option, this pattern is due every 30 draws  on average, and it has currently been 40 draws, so you have a strong feeling this pattern will come up soon.

Would you pick Option 1, playing the same 3 #'s every day and wait for them to come up & pray you QP'd the last 2 winning #'s?

OR do you go with Option 2, and play the "Due pattern" daily until that pattern comes up? (once the "due" pattern comes up, you would switch to the next due pattern).

If you had to pick one of these options and stick with it for a while, what would you do?

Thanks. I'm interested in seeing the different thoughts/opinions on this

-B

play one or the other option when you best feel it is time for either option to drop.

With option 1 with the same 3#s daily they are a trackable situation to get the feel of the hit skip of when those 3 #s will drop. You may be able to check on those 3 #s in search drawings here at lottery post if you have no other means to find hit skip on them.

WHATT

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: January 29, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

I'd go with option 1.

BTW, if anyone has seen a strategy that can consistently pull 3 of 5, please point me to the relevant thread(s). Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

The Ville, FL
                United States
                Member #95879
                August 19, 2010
                1708 Posts
                Posted: January 29, 2012, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

play one or the other option when you best feel it is time for either option to drop.

With option 1 with the same 3#s daily they are a trackable situation to get the feel of the hit skip of when those 3 #s will drop. You may be able to check on those 3 #s in search drawings here at lottery post if you have no other means to find hit skip on them.

Jap -  Thanks for the response.

See, that's the thing, I keep really good records in and xls file that I created. It shows tons of data regarding past draws, whats due, & the pattern to most likely hit. So basically I can tell at any time (based on the past data) which pattern is farthest out and "should" come up soon. Then on the other hand, I have my 3 fav #'s that I like to play. I've gone the pattern route at times, for a few weeks or a month at a time, and as soon as I do, my 3 #'s come up. So Im kinda torn on which one I need to just stick with.

Maybe I just need to find a way to do both Smile

Time*Treat - I wish there was a way to figure out what 3 #'s will come up constantly. If you find out let me know!  Thumbs Up

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                  Member #13130
                  March 30, 2005
                  2171 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2012, 11:07 pm - IP Logged

Maybe I'll get a little cardboard sign -- "Will write code for good ideas." Wink

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                  Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                    Member #123427
                    February 20, 2012
                    89 Posts
                    Posted: March 1, 2012, 8:00 am - IP Logged

Hey B$Rizzle,

M

I Agree!

i also have hit 4/5 11x,

i played everyday almost since 2005, and i started to get lotto fever...so i took a break...

bam, an awesome 5/5 combo came out...all skip less than 5d...i saw the combo...but decided to NOT go to the store...just trying to catch 4 and it would have caught five...missed out on 25K (i would have been the third winner) ,well you know what they say...it jusn't wasnt meant to be.

i remember the day feb 1 2009   7  9  13  28  31   no mids...its hard to let go...

its great that you hit five feisty in 2001

i didn't start playing until 2005

haven't had 4 right in some time...(or 3 right for that matter)

i caught three free plays yesterday...in ten games...(used a gail howard wheel as a template and entered it into excel.)

11 24

24 29

11 29Bang Head

are you a gail howard winner?? i am playing a strict spread...hoping for the 6 to go hot and hitting...29 hopefully will repeat.

Δ22  toΔ25  would love to collaborate if you are up to it...

Las Vegas, NV
                      United States
                      Member #44841
                      August 9, 2006
                      1749 Posts
                      Posted: March 1, 2012, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

i also have hit 4/5 11x,

i played everyday almost since 2005, and i started to get lotto fever...so i took a break...

bam, an awesome 5/5 combo came out...all skip less than 5d...i saw the combo...but decided to NOT go to the store...just trying to catch 4 and it would have caught five...missed out on 25K (i would have been the third winner) ,well you know what they say...it jusn't wasnt meant to be.

i remember the day feb 1 2009   7  9  13  28  31   no mids...its hard to let go...

its great that you hit five feisty in 2001

i didn't start playing until 2005

haven't had 4 right in some time...(or 3 right for that matter)

i caught three free plays yesterday...in ten games...(used a gail howard wheel as a template and entered it into excel.)

11 24

24 29

11 29Bang Head

are you a gail howard winner?? i am playing a strict spread...hoping for the 6 to go hot and hitting...29 hopefully will repeat.

Δ22  toΔ25  would love to collaborate if you are up to it...

Hey Lottoguru I would love to collaborate ... and yes I do use GH's A+ and won with it.  So whenever you're ready ...  My biggest mistakes came from developing "pet" combos and holding on to them to the point of craziness ...

shekina's avatar - Clipart Cartoon-Design-02.gif
                        miami,fl
                        United States
                        Member #122112
                        January 24, 2012
                        41 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2012, 2:31 pm - IP Logged

I started playing Fantasy 5 a month ago , it seems the more i play (more than $6 ) a day , the less luck i have .I read your comments and it all sounds unfamiliar to me .I guess takes time .I am not using any wheel , because it is very difficult to know for sure what numbers to play .I follow the numbers every day , patterns...etc . I am not planning on quitting  , it has become a hobby for me  .......any advices?

i have hit 4/5 once and 3/5  4 times   .Smile

London
                          United Kingdom
                          Member #123486
                          February 22, 2012
                          7 Posts
                          Posted: March 17, 2012, 6:04 pm - IP Logged

Hi  there Jap

When you talk of patterns ,do you mean numbers or skip pattern or decades(present/missing)please clarify

I play have started to Euromillions 5/50 here in UK.Would you be willing to share your xls files templates you created for pix five .i don't know how to program and would appreciate if you can share the file,link it would help my study get to grips with these patterns,and what is due,which pattern is likely to hit.

I appreciate you may not beable to post link but possibly into my private message box?

Thanks in advance

Eastfield

Little changes can make huge differences.Smile

London
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #123486
                            February 22, 2012
                            7 Posts
                            Posted: March 17, 2012, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

Hi there B$Rizzle this message is for you,I orginally posted to Jap by mistake:

When you talk of patterns ,do you mean numbers or skip pattern or decades(present/missing)please clarify

I play have started to Euromillions 5/50 here in UK.Would you be willing to share your xls files templates you created for pix five .I don't know how to program and would appreciate if you can share the file,link it would help my study get to grips with these patterns,and what is due,which pattern is likely to hit.

I appreciate you may not be able to post link but possibly into my private message box?

B$Rizzle, thanks in advance.Smile

Eastfield

Little changes can make huge differences.Smile

Kentucky
                              United States
                              Member #32652
                              February 14, 2006
                              7297 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2012, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I worked with a guy that played the same three numbers on 5 tickets 10 other numbers and won a $100,000 jackpot in the Ohio Buckeye 5 (5/37), He said he was just hoping to catch a 4 number match and/or five 3 number matches. His three numbers were birthdays so while his number picking strategy might not be that sound, his playing strategy was.