Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lotto Cheatah problems, need help

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by New York.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MA
United States
Member #89094
March 30, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

I have been using this system now for several years and have had good luck with it.

Yesterday I had a problem where it wouldn't update and is giving me an "error 403 forbidden" code.  I contacted the webmaster and he said he's not sure what is wrong as I don't either.

I even went so far as downloading to another computer at home and still had the same failure to update the database problem again with the "403 error" code.

Can anyone help me out with how to find what happened?  I assume it is on my end.

Thanks in advance!

Meskhov

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
    NYC
    United States
    Member #117984
    October 19, 2011
    1843 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I have been using this system now for several years and have had good luck with it.

Yesterday I had a problem where it wouldn't update and is giving me an "error 403 forbidden" code.  I contacted the webmaster and he said he's not sure what is wrong as I don't either.

I even went so far as downloading to another computer at home and still had the same failure to update the database problem again with the "403 error" code.

Can anyone help me out with how to find what happened?  I assume it is on my end.

Thanks in advance!

Meskhov

Hey meskhov,

Maybe your firewall is blocking the updates? Try turning off your anti-virus firewall to see if that helps. I also recommend clearing your flash and browser cache but this is unnecessary since you're not using the program online, I assume. Besides that, restart your computer and last but not least, try uninstalling this program - re-install again. Make sure your windows is up-to-date too (if you're a windows user).

- New York

MA
      United States
      Member #89094
      March 30, 2010
      245 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

New York:

Thanks for the reply.  I did try turning off the firewall and tried again, still the same.  I tried re-starting several times and no cure.  The strange part is that on another computer (at home) the same problems exist?

I'm running windows XP and have all the current updates, have scanned for viruses and Malware, all ok.

Any other ideas I could try?

Thanks!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1684 Posts
        Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

New York:

Thanks for the reply.  I did try turning off the firewall and tried again, still the same.  I tried re-starting several times and no cure.  The strange part is that on another computer (at home) the same problems exist?

I'm running windows XP and have all the current updates, have scanned for viruses and Malware, all ok.

Thanks!

403 Forbidden means you are not authorized to view the page. It is being denied for some reason.

Google "Error 403 Forbidden."

I'm guessing nothing you do on your end will fix this problem.

Sorry.

NYC
          United States
          Member #117984
          October 19, 2011
          1843 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

New York:

Thanks!

No problem. Seems strange that everything is failing. Have you tried uninstalling the program and re-installing it? That may work. I also have a question. Is the program used on an internet browser or sepreatly?

**EDIT**

Just serached up the "403 forbidden" message and seems like your server may be the one to blame. There are no problems but the server isn't recognizing the program, thus blocking it with the error pop-up. Make sure all connections are secured and plugged in (check your modem and restart it). Remember to clear your flash cache, web cache, and make sure your Java and Flash is up-to-date.

MA
            United States
            Member #89094
            March 30, 2010
            245 Posts
            Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I have tried un-installing and re-installing several times, same problem.

I'll try clearing out the flash and web cache and check on the Java and Flash also.

The program runs on its own and not through the browser.

NYC
              United States
              Member #117984
              October 19, 2011
              1843 Posts
              Posted: February 2, 2012, 2:45 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I have tried un-installing and re-installing several times, same problem.

I'll try clearing out the flash and web cache and check on the Java and Flash also.

The program runs on its own and not through the browser.

Hey meskhov,

If all out fails, I recommend a read-through on "How to fix 403 errors, etc." You can find the link here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5180610_fix-http-forbidden-error.html 

Best of luck!

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1684 Posts
                Posted: February 2, 2012, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey meskhov,

If all out fails, I recommend a read-through on "How to fix 403 errors, etc." You can find the link here: http://www.ehow.com/how_5180610_fix-http-forbidden-error.html 

Best of luck!

That only applies to the Windows HOST machine. That is the people who have the files you are trying to access.

MA
                  United States
                  Member #89094
                  March 30, 2010
                  245 Posts
                  Posted: February 2, 2012, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to all who replied!

Problem solved!  It was an issue at the webserver on the other end blocking my computer,lol.

Thank goodness it's fixed.

Meskhov

NYC
                    United States
                    Member #117984
                    October 19, 2011
                    1843 Posts
                    Posted: February 2, 2012, 4:43 pm - IP Logged

Thanks to all who replied!

Problem solved!  It was an issue at the webserver on the other end blocking my computer,lol.

Thank goodness it's fixed.

Meskhov

That's awesome, way to go on getting it fixed! 

Best,

New York