Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$2 for a $1 mega millions ticket

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
nc
United States
Member #99520
October 26, 2010
375 Posts
Posted: February 7, 2012, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Someone tried to charge me $2 today for a MM ticket.   Usually buy my tickets in another state by my job.   Today, since car is in the shop, stopped at the local grocers and they tried very hard to charge me $2.00 for a ticket.   Talk about mark up....  Wonder how many people are gullible enough to pay it not realizing that it is still $1"?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40609 Posts
    Posted: February 7, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

Someone tried to charge me $2 today for a MM ticket.   Usually buy my tickets in another state by my job.   Today, since car is in the shop, stopped at the local grocers and they tried very hard to charge me $2.00 for a ticket.   Talk about mark up....  Wonder how many people are gullible enough to pay it not realizing that it is still $1"?

Thanks Zinniagirl, another clerk scam to be aware of.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 7, 2012, 9:59 am - IP Logged

You should definitely report this unsavory character to BOTH the store management as well as the the state lottery commission.  Bat

With a lot of confusion still out there with the $1 increase for PB, this clerk has been probably been trying to scam and take advantage of most of the lotto customers since 1/15, when the price increase went into effect.

It doesn't sound like much, but throughout a shift they could be pocketing $50-100 that is not being put in the till.

These LOW LIFE SCUM SUCKERS need to be reported and taken out of these stores ASAP, if anything your looking out for your fellow LP members.   Yes Nod

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2012, 11:26 am - IP Logged

Prices of lottery tickets are printed on them, you don't have to take the word of a clerk.  If a clerk is asking $2 for a ticket with $1 printed on it then he/she must be assuming you can't read.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2659 Posts
          Posted: February 7, 2012, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

You should definitely report this unsavory character to BOTH the store management as well as the the state lottery commission.  Bat

With a lot of confusion still out there with the $1 increase for PB, this clerk has been probably been trying to scam and take advantage of most of the lotto customers since 1/15, when the price increase went into effect.

It doesn't sound like much, but throughout a shift they could be pocketing $50-100 that is not being put in the till.

These LOW LIFE SCUM SUCKERS need to be reported and taken out of these stores ASAP, if anything your looking out for your fellow LP members.   Yes Nod

I Agree!

P***ed clerks like this ought to be both reported and then bbqed alive

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

P***ed clerks like this ought to be both reported and then bbqed alive

I like the way you think hearsetrax!

Better yet, round up these slimy snakelike scammers and herd them naked through the streets of where they live, and let anyone who wish's to take pot shot's at their good for nothin' genitals.     Boxing        Hit With Stick        Poke     Stooges

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
              Member #85047
              January 7, 2010
              102 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

North Carolina is one fo the states that sells $2.00 megamillion tickets.

$1 for megamillions and $1 for the megaplier.

Could they have printed one with the megaplier?

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: February 7, 2012, 2:41 pm - IP Logged

North Carolina is one fo the states that sells $2.00 megamillion tickets.

$1 for megamillions and $1 for the megaplier.

Could they have printed one with the megaplier?

Any state that sells MM's offers the Megaplier for $1 extra. You have to go out of your way to either ask for it, or mark that option on your play slip. You are certainly aware that you will be charged $2, and this should be no suprise.   Jack-in-the-Box

This lady was just being plain Dupe Alerted.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2012, 3:14 pm - IP Logged

She might have been trying to stick her with one with the Megaplier that she printed by mistake for somebody else.

Or maybe she didn't like the QP numbers she got on her own ticket and wanted to trade.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
                    Member #85047
                    January 7, 2010
                    102 Posts
                    Posted: February 7, 2012, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

Any state that sells MM's offers the Megaplier for $1 extra. You have to go out of your way to either ask for it, or mark that option on your play slip. You are certainly aware that you will be charged $2, and this should be no suprise.   Jack-in-the-Box

This lady was just being plain Dupe Alerted.

"Any state that sells MM's offers the Megaplier for $1 extra."

Umm no they don't.  Believe it or not, California does not.

I have no idea if this is a ticket someone else might have not purchased.

United States
                      Member #111442
                      May 25, 2011
                      6323 Posts
                      Posted: February 7, 2012, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

"Any state that sells MM's offers the Megaplier for $1 extra."

Umm no they don't.  Believe it or not, California does not.

I have no idea if this is a ticket someone else might have not purchased.

So sorry imagine...........I stand corrected. Knew CA was a pari-mutuel state, but didn't know that Megaplier was not available. That totally SUCKS!

ANOTHER REASON TO NOT LIVE IN CALIFORNIA!!!

Bang HeadBang HeadBang Head

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                        nc
                        United States
                        Member #99520
                        October 26, 2010
                        375 Posts
                        Posted: February 7, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

She might have been trying to stick her with one with the Megaplier that she printed by mistake for somebody else.

Or maybe she didn't like the QP numbers she got on her own ticket and wanted to trade.

I can truly say that she was not trying to stick me with a preprinted ticket or a megaplier.   The computer had just been brought up, first customer of the day.  I asked for the one dollar ticket and she demands two dollars up front.   I informed her to print the ticket and I would pay what the ticket says.   She got mad.   This was a true effort to get an extra dollar.

United States
                          Member #111442
                          May 25, 2011
                          6323 Posts
                          Posted: February 7, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

I can truly say that she was not trying to stick me with a preprinted ticket or a megaplier.   The computer had just been brought up, first customer of the day.  I asked for the one dollar ticket and she demands two dollars up front.   I informed her to print the ticket and I would pay what the ticket says.   She got mad.   This was a true effort to get an extra dollar.

As I suspected all along. That BITCH NEEDS TO GO!!!  Make that call zinniagirl.....w'all be proud of you.    BananaHyper

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: February 7, 2012, 6:49 pm - IP Logged

lol wow, just wow, living in a big city you forget how some of these small towns have it tough.

when i moved to a country town there was only 1 lotto agent in town. and the sservice sucked. so much i started to wait for the weekly shopping 100 km / 60mile away , to buy my tickets.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Orlando, FL
                              United States
                              Member #115785
                              August 28, 2011
                              259 Posts
                              Posted: February 7, 2012, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Always pay attention. The other day I went to a store to buy an item that cost $1.00, I handed the cashier a $5.00 Bill, she gave me $1.00 back in change. I had to tell her "excuse me but I gave you a $5.00 bill", Her response "Oh, Yeah!"