Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 4:42 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

powerball ripoff

Topic closed. 43 replies. Last post 5 years ago by gordianknot.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111442
May 25, 2011
6323 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2012, 6:58 am - IP Logged

As I said before, the lottery is rigged due to the fact that it's drawing happens after an hour has passed from the last ticket sold! The only way to crack their system is to see all the tickets the population have played that tallied up for that night, then u can see how the officials select the winning ticket from the pool of tickets played

Right on. They must have installed micro-transmitters inside each lottery ball, to program it to pop out at the precise moment. Probably some kid with a video aid that's joy-sticking and jocking the balls around much like an Xbox.

Probably paying the kid off with McNuggets and popcorn to keep his mouth shut.       Lurking

Wait a minute should I be revealing all this in a public forum?? Uh oh.........well to late now.....cats..... out of the bag.

Hope they don't send their Lotto thugs after me.  If you never hear from me again you'll now they silenced me.   Dead

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2012, 7:19 am - IP Logged

Right on. They must have installed micro-transmitters inside each lottery ball, to program it to pop out at the precise moment. Probably some kid with a video aid that's joy-sticking and jocking the balls around much like an Xbox.

Probably paying the kid off with McNuggets and popcorn to keep his mouth shut.       Lurking

Wait a minute should I be revealing all this in a public forum?? Uh oh.........well to late now.....cats..... out of the bag.

Hope they don't send their Lotto thugs after me.  If you never hear from me again you'll now they silenced me.   Dead

Someone's banging on my door! S#%T!  I think it's them.  Probably should be calling 911, but what if the locals cop's are in on this scam as well.  What?

Wait a minute.....I'm looking out my window.........WTF!!.........looks like they sent that joy-sticking kid to do their dirty work.

Hold on a minute....... I'm going to the door to see WTF the kid wants? (5 minutes later) .........

Okay, got everything under control. The kid was sent by the lottery to threaten me, ....but I slipped him a twenty and some left over McNuggets.

He's cool with that. He's leaving now.   PHEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!.......................close one.  Blush

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2012, 7:48 am - IP Logged

In essence they are using the most random computer alive, which is our human brain to create the random tickets, then they select the winning tickets from the random tickets generated from the population .. So in theory they can choose where the winning ticket will be.. Which is unfair play!  This is only theory, yet sound!

Conehead = Random Tickets = Crazy = Group Hug = Green laugh= BS

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11978 Posts
        Posted: March 1, 2012, 3:36 pm - IP Logged

All I have to say about the Powerball is that it's a Scam. Plain and simple. They charge double per ticket now, got rid of the multiplier, and the lower tier prizes are lower. AND they say the odds are better for winning even though they didnt take any numbers away ?!??! This is nothing short of greed and manipulation on behalf of the powerball lottery commision. They think people are stupid and will keep on playing mindlessly. I am boycotting the powerball.I've had enough of their BS.

How about this?

A) 14, 16, 23, 30, 45
        B) 14, 19, 28, 40, 51

I get this every time I buy 2 mega millions or powerball quick picks. You can't even imagine whenever I buy multiple tickets. I get repeated numbers like hell. I have decided to buy 1 line quick pick or 1 line self pick. I get that first digit repeated almost every time I buy 2 quick pick tickets.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49725 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2012, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

So uh, don't play.

Thumbs Up

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40422 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2012, 6:57 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Missed you, glad to see you back.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
              Member #5344
              June 30, 2004
              23641 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2012, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

No joking here.. They did send the lottery rep after me...

Scarely thought .... It is true..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                Beautiful Florida
                United States
                Member #5709
                July 18, 2004
                20110 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2012, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Thumbs Up

Missed you also, hope everything is alright...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #125613
                  March 30, 2012
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: April 3, 2012, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Yes, I agree in part, Powerball's new pricing of $2.00 per play ($3.00 if power up is used) is greedy on the part of the MUSL.
                  As only around 35% of the ticket sale price is used to payout the prize amounts, around 65% is kept by the States immediately, now the States receive around $1.30 per ticket price(and if the same is applied for the powerup it would result in $1.95 that the State receives for each ticket sold).
                  Of course when they start the Powerball with a higher jackpot amount, it requires a creative means for the States to fund the estimated jackpot prize payout amounts.
                  As we are all well aware, that when it comes to money, the legislatures are hardly willing to shell out those additional amounts from their State general funds.

As I must add, most lottery players probably don't know that some of the amounts generated aren't used for the purposes their State lottery was created to fund, but put into the States general fund, where it may be allocated anywhere the General assembly choose to allocate those funds to, include State employee bonuses.

For example, while a States law may provide that revenues generated "directly" from lottery game ticket sales, is to be used for the purpose(s) in which their lottery was created for, taxation on lottery prizes you may be surprised to find out isn't being used for those purposes, but are used in a State's yearly budget.

I have always disliked the low payout amounts for the lower prize tiers.
                  It takes out the fair play of the game to have a Powerball payout to be the same as having one white ball, and a powerball, just as having the powerball and a white ball pay out for the same as two white balls and a powerball.

The matrix of the payout scale is manipulated.

If one were to follow the logic, it would follow the same rules throughout the entire prize tier level, but it doesn't.

If you take a look at the past winning tiers, you'd find that to be true, the odds show that it's much harder to get a winning combo without the red powerball, than to get one with the powerball number.
                  Yet the lower prize tiers subsidize the prize payouts for the second prize tier.

I also feel that a direct tax on winnings of lottery prizes is unfair, on the one hand the States say that the lottery is not a tax (since it's generated as contributions of individual players, and not forced as a direct payment), yet larger winnings are treated as income, since it resulted in a gain, although some States do not charge State taxes on winnings, the Federal tax rate of 25% is always applied.

I'm not sure if the powerball game will be able to sustain itself under the new change, but I do find it a bit alarming, that historically lotteries had always in the long run costed the sponsor's more than the amounts being generated, that is up until Mega Millions, and Powerball started.

Now with saying all of that, do I play? yes I do.
                  Why do I play? for the same purpose and reasoning other players play, for the chance to win way more than I could ever possibly have put into it.
                  Of course if I had to choose between bills and the lottery, bills come first, food or lottery then food.

Nikkicute's avatar - nnjx1k
                    Wisconsin
                    United States
                    Member #123290
                    February 17, 2012
                    3050 Posts
                    Posted: April 3, 2012, 1:11 pm - IP Logged

So uh, don't play.

That's pretty much it, end of thread!!

I Agree!

Kentucky
                      United States
                      Member #32652
                      February 14, 2006
                      7309 Posts
                      Posted: April 3, 2012, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

The magical lottery fairies of course!   Thumbs Up

We can only imagine how boring the Lottery Post forums would be if the majority of posters think they are being clever by posting this type of nonsense. Once in a while is fine, but when it's in every post, it becomes nauseating.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7309 Posts
                        Posted: April 3, 2012, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

I can understand your point if you're playing a lot of lines but for me, playing two lines and Powerplay, it's not all that unbearable - 4 bucks more a week.

It used to cost me 8 bucks a week and now it costs me 12, no big whoop. You can't hardly get more'n 2 packs of smokes for that anymore.

Glad I quit smokin'!

I heard a player at the local store complaining about $2 PB tickets then asked the clerk for five $2 scratch-offs and two $5 scratch-offs.  From the lottery's perception, spending $20 on scratch-offs or on ten $2 PB tickets is about the same thing.

"it's not all that unbearable - 4 bucks more a week."

Not for the average player, but Thrifty has an annual lottery budget of $60.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11978 Posts
                          Posted: April 3, 2012, 2:37 pm - IP Logged

I heard a player at the local store complaining about $2 PB tickets then asked the clerk for five $2 scratch-offs and two $5 scratch-offs.  From the lottery's perception, spending $20 on scratch-offs or on ten $2 PB tickets is about the same thing.

"it's not all that unbearable - 4 bucks more a week."

Not for the average player, but Thrifty has an annual lottery budget of $60.

Have you paid $20 for a 10 lines PB ticket? I did, and it was fun checking 10 lines instead of a single line for a possible winner.  The $60 budget is gone, i have spent $100 on lottery so far.  The $60 budget was based on spending $5 monthly on lottery.  I feel that i'm on the $20 monthly budget right now for a total of $240.

US Flag

PLAY THE LOTTERY SOMEDAY-IT IS OKAY TO DREAM!

South Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #125613
                            March 30, 2012
                            15 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2012, 4:11 pm - IP Logged

Indeed, scratchoffs have the worse odds.
                            However it's more of a matter of instant gratification, people in general don't like to wait, even if it cost them more, they want to know, thus the reason as to why many sink alot more cash into scratch offs, than they might playing a multi-state game(s).

Many States also offer incentitives to players of scratch offs, such as extra prize drawings for losing tickets. (I recently won an extra 50.00 for doing just this).

Generally your odds are better at the second chance drawings, if you send in the larger tickets such as the $5.00 -$10.00.
                            Of course I have never spent more than $5.00 for a scratch off ticket, the odds increase the higher the cost of the ticket.
                            Our State don't have any tickets that cost more than $10.00 although I have heard some States do have a $20.00 scratch off, no prize would ever be enough for me to take that chance, unless they could guarantee every ticket to be a winner of at least $10.00.