Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do States Publish $$ Bet?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by haymaker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Chicago
United States
Member #90131
April 22, 2010
38 Posts
Posted: February 11, 2012, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering if the states publish how much is actually bet on each drawing for the jackpot games?   Possibly they don't want us to know.

Jerry B

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10389 Posts
    Posted: February 11, 2012, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

This is from the Missouri Lottery web page. I'm not sure if this is something like you're looking for, these are annual reports.

(I'm on dial up and it would take way to long fcor them to download for me).

Hope this helps.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Texas
      United States
      Member #34271
      March 1, 2006
      90 Posts
      Posted: February 11, 2012, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Just wondering if the states publish how much is actually bet on each drawing for the jackpot games?   Possibly they don't want us to know.

Yes there is even a breakdown by state.  On android now but google lottery report Texas Dawn has info for Powerball and Mega

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1825 Posts
        Posted: February 11, 2012, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

Texas Lotto Report site post that info. Example is a comparison of the number of Powerball tickets sold before and after the price change.

<snip>/2updates.html

Interesting insight. Big Smile

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10389 Posts
          Posted: February 11, 2012, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

Ooops, forgot to include the link for Missouri:

http://www.molottery.com/where_the_money_goes/financial_reports.shtm

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3857 Posts
            Posted: February 11, 2012, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

This is from the Missouri Lottery web page. I'm not sure if this is something like you're looking for, these are annual reports.

(I'm on dial up and it would take way to long fcor them to download for me).

Hope this helps.

yo coin, i had trouble upgrading cause my phone# had some prefix/suffix attached that no one knew why it was there,

once removed h/s became available to me,then i said "do i get a prize for being the last person on dialup ?

course they said no ,check w/ your phone co. some small detail is being overlooked.

over the course of 2 yrs. i called abt. 6 times before i got someone who noticed the problem.

he was able to correct it, but could not explain it, this happens to me in my job also, so i can relate.

if you're the last, ask for the prize "maybe 1 year free service" LOL

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.