Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:43 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Lottery Is A Game That Can Only Be Won In The Short Run?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 5 years ago by uklotteryplayer.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11978 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY BY NOT PLAYINGSAVE YOUR MONEY.

" As with any lottery, the government runs it as a revenue source. They can do this because if they sell enough lottery tickets, they come out ahead. The reverse is true for you. If you purchase enough lottery tickets in each drawing, you will always come out behind. In other words, the lottery is a game that can only be won in the short run."

"If you have to purchase tickets yourself, buy one per drawing. This ticket has as much chance of winning as any other ticket. Plus, because the lottery is a game you can only win in the short term, this extends the short term for as long as possible."

LOTTERY STOP LOSS LIMIT= 1 LOTTERY TICKET PER DRAWING WHENEVER I PLAY.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10348 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2012, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

THRIFTY,

I agree with you about buying one ticket, but there's a saying in gambline circles, "Everyone bets the same amount", not meaning a monetary amount, but whatever amount it takes to give them a thrill.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11978 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2012, 6:23 pm - IP Logged

THRIFTY,

I agree with you about buying one ticket, but there's a saying in gambline circles, "Everyone bets the same amount", not meaning a monetary amount, but whatever amount it takes to give them a thrill.

I never saw it that way, but you are correct we humans perceive risk at different levels.

United States
        Member #122862
        February 9, 2012
        15 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2012, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

Since I pretty much just started playing a few months ago is there a history of people winning by buying TONS of tickets versus somebody who only buys one? Like are most jackpots won because somebody bought 1 ticket or are more winners because they were able to spend like hundreds and hundreds of dollars?

NEW YORK
          United States
          Member #90535
          April 29, 2010
          11978 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2012, 7:11 pm - IP Logged

Since I pretty much just started playing a few months ago is there a history of people winning by buying TONS of tickets versus somebody who only buys one? Like are most jackpots won because somebody bought 1 ticket or are more winners because they were able to spend like hundreds and hundreds of dollars?

If it is your time to win, you will win whether you buy 1 lottery ticket or 100 lottery tickets. You have to play to win.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
            NYC
            United States
            Member #117984
            October 19, 2011
            1843 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

The last winner of the Mega Millions Jackpot spent $26 on quick picks and he won. I say betting a minimum of $5 to $25 is a good bet. Spending hundreds of dollars will produce losers.

United States
              Member #122862
              February 9, 2012
              15 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

The last winner of the Mega Millions Jackpot spent $26 on quick picks and he won. I say betting a minimum of $5 to $25 is a good bet. Spending hundreds of dollars will produce losers.

Seems reasonable enough. I kinda had this idea that most people spent like 20+ dollars a draw. I got a couple odd looks when I would just get my 1 or 2 tickets lol.

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                NYC
                United States
                Member #117984
                October 19, 2011
                1843 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2012, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

Seems reasonable enough. I kinda had this idea that most people spent like 20+ dollars a draw. I got a couple odd looks when I would just get my 1 or 2 tickets lol.

LOL! Same here. For yesterday's Powerball, I only bought 2 tickets ($4) and the clerk looked at me like where's the rest of the money (saying to bet more lol) In summary, betting a minimum of $5 or $25 can produce a winner. Stick with that.

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11978 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

LOL! Same here. For yesterday's Powerball, I only bought 2 tickets ($4) and the clerk looked at me like where's the rest of the money (saying to bet more lol) In summary, betting a minimum of $5 or $25 can produce a winner. Stick with that.

They did the same thing to me when I played a single line for the $325 millions powerball jackpot.

United States
                    Member #122862
                    February 9, 2012
                    15 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

They did the same thing to me when I played a single line for the $325 millions powerball jackpot.

I am thinking that is the way to go. Play 1 or 2 tickets and maybe win lol.

trap574's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                      Adk NY
                      United States
                      Member #108847
                      April 1, 2011
                      1619 Posts
                      Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

1 ticket whenever I play,until I hit,then 1 number multi tickets

trap574's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
                        Adk NY
                        United States
                        Member #108847
                        April 1, 2011
                        1619 Posts
                        Posted: February 12, 2012, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Love the short run!!

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          11978 Posts
                          Posted: February 13, 2012, 5:45 pm - IP Logged

1 ticket whenever I play,until I hit,then 1 number multi tickets

Great lottery playing method.

London
                            United Kingdom
                            Member #122713
                            February 6, 2012
                            21 Posts
                            Posted: February 13, 2012, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

I agree with the one ticket per draw, that's a conclusion that I emphasized in my thread from last week "For those who put too much money in the lottery" but your motivations for doing so are based on the wrong foundations. Please, refer to my thread and let me know what you think, I would like to have an intelligent debate with you :-p

NEW YORK
                              United States
                              Member #90535
                              April 29, 2010
                              11978 Posts
                              Posted: February 13, 2012, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

I agree with the one ticket per draw, that's a conclusion that I emphasized in my thread from last week "For those who put too much money in the lottery" but your motivations for doing so are based on the wrong foundations. Please, refer to my thread and let me know what you think, I would like to have an intelligent debate with you :-p

I read your thread, and I agree that most lottery jackpots are very hard to win. But it is also good to buy 1 lottery ticket to have a chance of winning which is obviously better than having a zero chance of winning.

What are my motivations? To have a debate with me, you might want to read most of my posts. But I am open to it anyway. Although others might join too.