Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

When Are We Going To Be Able To Play The Lottery Over The Internet Like In The Uk?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Ruud.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
11979 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken lottery players can buy lottery tickets over the Internet and at Lottery Retailers in the UK.  I wonder why are we so behind when it comes to this here in the USA.  I feel that US lotteries should model the UK and start selling lottery tickets over the Internet.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:36 pm - IP Logged

If I'm not mistaken lottery players can buy lottery tickets over the Internet and at Lottery Retailers in the UK.  I wonder why are we so behind when it comes to this here in the USA.  I feel that US lotteries should model the UK and start selling lottery tickets over the Internet.

go to usa mega and look at the right side of home page, is that for playin on line ?

i never tried it cause its $2.50 a line,no thanks.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11979 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

go to usa mega and look at the right side of home page, is that for playin on line ?

i never tried it cause its $2.50 a line,no thanks.

The lotter is a lottery agent. I'm talking about playing the lottery on US lottery websites like in the UK. In the UK you open an account online with a minimum 5 pounds deposit and then you buy your tickets over the lottery website without using a lottery agent like the lotter or a lottery retailer.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:46 pm - IP Logged

The quicker they figure out how to confiscate more of our money by allowing sales online, the quicker we'll have it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
          adelaide sa
          Australia
          Member #37136
          April 11, 2006
          3300 Posts
          Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

anD you can also buy over cable TV in uk. saw a fox cable ad on their website showing how.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
            United States
            Member #112968
            June 29, 2011
            3856 Posts
            Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:50 pm - IP Logged

The quicker they figure out how to confiscate more of our money by allowing sales online, the quicker we'll have it.

now thats a bet w/ good odds.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

NEW YORK
              United States
              Member #90535
              April 29, 2010
              11979 Posts
              Posted: February 12, 2012, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

anD you can also buy over cable TV in uk. saw a fox cable ad on their website showing how.

A  22 years old named Cassey Carrington won the euromillions by playing over the Internet in the UK on January 20, 2012. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/09/cassey-carrington-and-mat_n_1265169.html

" Carrington said she set up her online account only last Friday because she was feeling lucky.

"The store where I work had won an incentive for delivering excellent sales. We had been presented with �10,000 which was shared between staff.

"After that I just felt like it was my lucky day and decided to get a EuroMillions ticket.

"I got home and set up an account online. The minimum you could put into the account was �5, so I did that and bought one EuroMillions ticket for Friday."

Carrington said she has only played the lottery about half a dozen times and put the win down to it being "my lucky day".

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:06 pm - IP Logged

A  22 years old named Cassey Carrington won the euromillions by playing over the Internet in the UK on January 20, 2012. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/09/cassey-carrington-and-mat_n_1265169.html

" Carrington said she set up her online account only last Friday because she was feeling lucky.

"The store where I work had won an incentive for delivering excellent sales. We had been presented with �10,000 which was shared between staff.

"After that I just felt like it was my lucky day and decided to get a EuroMillions ticket.

"I got home and set up an account online. The minimum you could put into the account was �5, so I did that and bought one EuroMillions ticket for Friday."

Carrington said she has only played the lottery about half a dozen times and put the win down to it being "my lucky day".

Ahh Jeeeze, I hope you don't get your info from HuffandPuffington, THRIFTY. 

That's one of the leftwing loon sites.White Bounce

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
                  United States
                  Member #90535
                  April 29, 2010
                  11979 Posts
                  Posted: February 12, 2012, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

Ahh Jeeeze, I hope you don't get your info from HuffandPuffington, THRIFTY. 

That's one of the leftwing loon sites.White Bounce

If you type her name on google, yahoo etc. You will read the same story from different sources.

United Kingdom
                    Member #122950
                    February 10, 2012
                    85 Posts
                    Posted: February 13, 2012, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I used to buy tickets on retailers and spend around �50/month. When another form of lottery came ( the EuroMillions) I then played �100/month. When the lottery became online, I have been allocating around 150/month (not reallybut just minimizing). What I am saying is that it will be too comfortable that you may not notice you are playing more than usual.
                    By the way before u call me a lottery addict, I don't smoke and I don't drink. I even stopped going to Mcdonalds because of my lottery.
                    The only time I was told that I am playing the lottery too muc is when I stopped buying shoes and bag for my wife. Wrong move.
                    Well I stopped playing the Euromillions now and only plays themain lotto in a syndicate.

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      11979 Posts
                      Posted: February 13, 2012, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

Lottery Stop Loss Limit= 1 lottery ticket per drawing whenever I play. It is a 50/50 Rule situation. I either Win or Lose.

I can't say anything negative about how much you play. It is all about Risk Perception. We all perceive Risk different. Good Luck.

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        1102 Posts
                        Posted: February 13, 2012, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

You can play the New York Lottery online, but you do need a NY state address.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

United States
                          Member #123134
                          February 14, 2012
                          55 Posts
                          Posted: February 14, 2012, 9:40 am - IP Logged

New York and Illinois will drive change in this area.  If the Department of Justice clarifies their position that it is legal and NY and IL have successful online sales figures, more states will follow their lead.