Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Multiple lines Vs. Multiple tickets

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by doodlemd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #123163
February 14, 2012
12 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2012, 2:01 am - IP Logged

I'm relatively new to jackpot games and I often ponder. Is it best to buy multiple tickets or one ticket with multiple lines for jackpot games? If you are a multi line advocate, how do you ask the cashier for this. What's the lingo for one ticket with multiple lines???

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
    East of Columbus, OH
    United States
    Member #120843
    December 28, 2011
    451 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2012, 7:21 am - IP Logged

Lets say you want to spend $10 on the Mega Millions.  I find it best to spell it out for the clerk. 

"I want $5 on the Mega, no megaplier."  Wait for the ticket to print and then say, "I want another ticket just like that."  It's the same if you want to play 10 $1 tickets. 

I buy my QP's every two weeks after I get paid.  For Mega I get two lines for four draws.  For the PB, because they increased the price, I get one line for four draws, and for the Classic Lottery I get two lines for six draws.  Then if I have any numbers I want to play, I will fill out bet cards at a later date.

As I have been getting the same tickets at the same place at about the same time every two weeks, the clerk pretty much knows exactly what I am buying and it goes pretty quick now.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2012, 10:23 am - IP Logged

I'm relatively new to jackpot games and I often ponder. Is it best to buy multiple tickets or one ticket with multiple lines for jackpot games? If you are a multi line advocate, how do you ask the cashier for this. What's the lingo for one ticket with multiple lines???

You can ask for (x number of) lines "on separate tickets" or "all on one ticket".

The most I've seen on one ticket is ten QP lines.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2012, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Sometimes people will play separate tickets for Quick Picks to avoid duplicate Powerball Numbers, which happens a LOT, from my experience anyway .

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

RedStang's avatar - tallman zps6gf4inoc.jpg
          NY
          United States
          Member #121961
          January 21, 2012
          3157 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2012, 12:32 pm - IP Logged

I like using the new self serve machines we have so you can set up the tickets the way you want and no thinks your crazy.Clown

United States
            Member #123163
            February 14, 2012
            12 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2012, 12:04 am - IP Logged

Thanks a million LP'ers!!! I've got ordering tickets down pat. Goodluck!!!