Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 6:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Brad Duke had the first numbering system on the internet?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by BobP.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
Member #85047
January 7, 2010
102 Posts
Posted: February 24, 2012, 1:49 pm - IP Logged

Brad Duke has been in the news lately, so I went back and read an old article in Fortune magazine.

I never noticed this quote before

"I played the lottery often when I won.  I had developed a little numbering system.  Since, I've won there have been a lot of numbering systems for lotteries all over the internet.  Before that there weren't any."  From Fortune magazine.

Umm, I don't know a whole lot about the systems, but this sounds strange.

What exactly does he mean? 

Does he mean the Gail Howard and others don't count because they were too complicated?

Thanks for any help.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19901 Posts
    Posted: February 24, 2012, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Gail Howard had lottery systems before the Internet and personal computers, she advertised books and paper/pencil systems in lottery magazines that went out of business after personal computers and the Internet became popular.  The stories and lottery information these magazines were selling could be gotten free and faster off the Internet.

Back in the eighties, a co-worker and fellow lottery pool member gave me a floppy with a Gail Howard lottery system on it.  To my surprise the program was written using GWBasic and saved using the protect mode.  Using a method I read about in Byte computer magazine, I listed and studied it.  What I found was a program that used a RNG to generate combinations and didn't even compare them with each other or combinations of previous drawings.  That was when I decided I could do that with some added features and started writing my own lottery system.

I suspect lottery systems sold today haven't improved much beyond that but the average user can't see their code and figure out what they do.  I suspect Brad Duke system wasn't any better but he understood how it worked and he got lucky.  If a system could really pick winning combinations then it could do it more than once.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3113 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2012, 4:21 am - IP Logged

In 2005 Brad Duke a 34 year old manager for five Gold's Gym franchises in Idaho, received a lump sum of $85 million after a $220 million dollar Powerball win.

I'm guessing he was either self taught or didn't want to credit a commercial system with his win. 

It could be, he never noticed all the number systems around until he won, like not noticing how many PT Cruisers are still around until someone you know buys one.

Some lotto wheeling system books predate the personal computer.

BobP