Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Was Iowa Hot Lotto decision a first?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 5 years ago by WesternRedDoug.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Left Coast
United States
Member #122298
January 28, 2012
125 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2012, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Was the Iowa Hot Lotto decision in January the first time a claimant with a verified winning ticket did not receive their prize? Have there ever been similar stories?

Has the opposite ever happened? Has anyone with a missing or destroyed ticket ever been able to collect?

I remember a story from Texas about someone who burned part of a winner in a printer but had enough evidence that it was the winner and that he was in the store when the ticket was printed.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #82391
    November 12, 2009
    6290 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2012, 8:06 am - IP Logged

Welcome the LP Western, I don't think nothing like that has happen in Oklahoma. I do remember reading on the LP about the guy in Texas that laser copied his ticket endorsement the link is below.....

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/214048

Left Coast
      United States
      Member #122298
      January 28, 2012
      125 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2012, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Welcome the LP Western, I don't think nothing like that has happen in Oklahoma. I do remember reading on the LP about the guy in Texas that laser copied his ticket endorsement the link is below.....

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/214048

Yep. That's the gentleman I was thinking about. Can't imagine his pain if he hadn't collected. Tickets are pretty fragile. Makes me wonder if years from now all of this will be done with something other than these flimsy pieces of paper.