Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New $2 game may be in works for Texas

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 5 years ago by dallascowboyfan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
Texas
United States
Member #55889
October 23, 2007
5600 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2012, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Just read the minutes from February commissioner meeting. They are starting the process to introduce a new game called All or Nothing. On the heels of the new Powerball pricepoint, they want to have a $2 game of their own. They discussed this in the meetings in that they want to get to the $2 price point.

A player picks 12 numbers from a field of 24. If all 12 numbers that are picked are drawn, or if the player has none of his numbers drawn, the top prize is $250,000. 11 numbers or 1 number drawn pay $50. 9 or 3 pays $10. 8 or 4 pays $2. If 5, 6, or 7 of the player's numbers  are drawn, there is no prize.

They are going to have 4 draws a day! 10am; 12:27pm; 6pm; 10:12pm. The 10am and 6pm times will be new draw times. If everything goes according to plan, they figure this game will kick off around August.

I was hoping they would introduce a game like Quinto, but we'll see how this goes.

Wondering if any states already have a game like All or Nothing.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:38 am - IP Logged

Seems like everything's going to $2.

Makes me wonder how long it'll be before Pick3 and Pick4 and Pick5 go to $2.

That would suck.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

mrsinful's avatar - gambling problem.jpg
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #66774
      November 5, 2008
      319 Posts
      Posted: February 29, 2012, 7:02 am - IP Logged

That would suck.

Well If pick3 and pick 4 goes to two dollars, I hope what they give you for donating plasma goes up. That would really mess

up my budget bad. I would have to factor in the lawyer for the divorce, then child support, etc. That would just really mess me up.

LOL, lets hope that doesn't happen. I completely agree rdgrnr that would suck bad.Unhappy

Rehab is for quitters.

United States
        Member #123427
        February 20, 2012
        89 Posts
        Posted: February 29, 2012, 7:25 am - IP Logged

it seems to me that if texas introduces this game...they would never make any money from it...it would be like a break even endeavor...as a player it would be great...dont really see how the "state" would benefit...although the people would benefit for a change.Sun Smiley

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          Texas
          United States
          Member #55889
          October 23, 2007
          5600 Posts
          Posted: February 29, 2012, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Just read the minutes from February commissioner meeting. They are starting the process to introduce a new game called All or Nothing. On the heels of the new Powerball pricepoint, they want to have a $2 game of their own. They discussed this in the meetings in that they want to get to the $2 price point.

A player picks 12 numbers from a field of 24. If all 12 numbers that are picked are drawn, or if the player has none of his numbers drawn, the top prize is $250,000. 11 numbers or 1 number drawn pay $50. 9 or 3 pays $10. 8 or 4 pays $2. If 5, 6, or 7 of the player's numbers  are drawn, there is no prize.

They are going to have 4 draws a day! 10am; 12:27pm; 6pm; 10:12pm. The 10am and 6pm times will be new draw times. If everything goes according to plan, they figure this game will kick off around August.

I was hoping they would introduce a game like Quinto, but we'll see how this goes.

Just realized I made a mistake.

11 numbers or 1 number pays $500.

10 numbers or 2 numbers pays $50.

Sounds like an interesting game, but I sure wouldn't drop $2 four times a day. Whew!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

sully16's avatar - sharan
            Ringleader
            Michigan
            United States
            Member #81740
            October 28, 2009
            40471 Posts
            Posted: February 29, 2012, 9:41 am - IP Logged

We will probably see a trend of states trying to get away with the 2 dollar sales for various lottery games.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: February 29, 2012, 10:58 am - IP Logged

That would suck.

Sure hope thye don't, rdgrnr, the payoffs just don't justify it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #82391
                November 12, 2009
                6290 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2012, 11:53 am - IP Logged

Thanks for the info rcbuckeye...will be playing the 2Step for $1.00

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                  Oklahoma
                  United States
                  Member #82391
                  November 12, 2009
                  6290 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2012, 12:06 pm - IP Logged

Well If pick3 and pick 4 goes to two dollars, I hope what they give you for donating plasma goes up. That would really mess

up my budget bad. I would have to factor in the lawyer for the divorce, then child support, etc. That would just really mess me up.

LOL, lets hope that doesn't happen. I completely agree rdgrnr that would suck bad.Unhappy

LOL....ROFL too funny mrsinful.........