Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:07 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New "Online" Lottery

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 5 years ago by grwurston.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122860
February 9, 2012
39 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2012, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

I did a little searching but havent found naything on here about so I figured I would ask.

Has anyone else heard about or received any emails about this new online "Players" lottery that is supposed to be starting.  It is supposed to be a $10million lottery with odds of 1 in 300,000 to win the jackpot.  I guess tickets will be $50 a piece and the jackpot is guaranteed to be hit.

I am not trying to plug/promote this thing in any sort of way.  I was just asking if anyone else heard of it.

I actually remember getting info about this originally as an investment almost two years ago when it was in the beginning stages,  They were looking for a total of 100 investors to put in $25,000 a piece and use that to finance the starting of the lottery.  It looks like the company is registered in Curacao from what I can find.  The little bit of information I received in an email is pasted below.

• 10 MILLION  Euro Jackpot EVERY Draw
  • Odds of Winning just 1 in 300,000 or Better
  • Over 10,000 Subsidary Prizes
  • Substantial Charity Donations
  • Substantial Commissions to Affiliates (You!)

So with this in mind, how does everyone feel about a lottery like this?

I would love to see a big lottery like this in the states where the prize is guaranteed to be paid for each jackpot.

Please remember, I AM NOT ENDORSING,  ADVERTISING, LINKING or SUPPORTING this new lottery, just curious if anyone else has received any info and what your opinions might be.

Thanks

Mods - If this post is against the rules then please remove it and accept my apologies.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2012, 11:29 pm - IP Logged

I've never been to Curacao although I believe I did drink it one time.

Personally, I'd stay away from that one as an investor or a player.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2012, 11:43 pm - IP Logged

I agree with Ridge.  Sounds like a scam to me.

United States
        Member #122860
        February 9, 2012
        39 Posts
        Posted: March 6, 2012, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I have never had any intention of going near it.  Considering the only info I can really find is the same ad basically posted on every blog and forum they could find.  They have like two videos on YouTube advertising it, with the Actor Armand Assante as the spokesman.

The website basically has everything as coming soon and they just want people to be affiliates.  Which is kind of weird,  considering its an online lottery why not just do all the advertising yourself since they were trying for $25 million from investors.

There would have to be a ton of legal issues behind this.  Just look at the new law that curbed poker playing, i wonderif this falls into the smae category.

With a little searching i found from some guy on an investing forum, from the sounds of it, the investors would only get 7,500 back after the first draw.  Yeah this sounds shadier and shadier.  If the top prize is $10mil and say they pay out 3 mill more in additional prizes, that leaves them with another $12 million.  And that woul dbe going where?

If anyone is interested in lookin it up for some amusement, ONCE AGAIN I AM NOT ENDORSING THIS IN ANY WAY, msg me and i will tell you the info.

I will be keeping an eye on this just out of curiosity but will keep my money away.

United States
          Member #122860
          February 9, 2012
          39 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2012, 1:13 am - IP Logged

I was bit getting back to edit so I had to reply again.

I forgot to mention, it looks like its geared towards players in the UK, so my question is, "is this legal in the UK?"  I am not familiar with laws there, but there must be some regulation for this type of thing.

Sorry to keep posting on this, just bored and curious.  I mean if this was legal wouldnt people be setting them up more frequently. 

If it was legal, then what would be stopping someone from making a guaranteed lottery, for instance.

You sell 100,000 tickets at $50 a piece which gives you 5 million, so you pay maybe 2.5 million for a top prize, 300K for second,  100K for 3rd, and maybe give another 100 people 1k each.  Maybe donate 1mill to charity.  Use the extra million to pay expenses and maybe roll some over.

Now that I think of it, it basically sounds like a big raffle.

Ok, its late and I am rambling because I am over tired and cant sleep.  Off to bed for me, I know my 4 year old will be waking me up bright and early as always.

Night everyone, good luck and win big.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
            adelaide sa
            Australia
            Member #37136
            April 11, 2006
            3300 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2012, 9:43 am - IP Logged

sounds like a total scam

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

United Kingdom
              Member #122950
              February 10, 2012
              85 Posts
              Posted: March 8, 2012, 6:14 am - IP Logged

If this is lottery targeting UK and it is not national lottery then it is not legal. There is only one major lottery allowed in uk.
              Curacao seems to be a new place for this sort of underhand activities.
              I also have heard of certain groups in curacao pretending to be lottery syndicate but actually they are asking for you to pay them, buy tickets on your behalf at around twice the value of actual tickets, get 1% of your winnings. They were even saying that they don't have time to send you actual copy of tickets. This is not legal if they didn't have gambling certificates. Unfortunately, many lottery syndicates like this is not registered in UK so they are highly unregulated.
              Unlike mine of course but forget it if you are in the US or canada as gambling online is not allowed.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
                Ohio
                United States
                Member #49980
                February 21, 2007
                34142 Posts
                Posted: March 8, 2012, 8:45 am - IP Logged

I wouldn't trust it at all. anything over 1,000 online I wouldnt trust. Someone had a problem with a winning 16,000.  so I would never invest nothing more that 1,000 only because of this one place. I think everyone knows the one I am talking about.  I was sent something like that in an email but, I came here and talked about it got some advice from L.P. members so I left it alone.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

United Kingdom
                  Member #122950
                  February 10, 2012
                  85 Posts
                  Posted: March 8, 2012, 9:08 am - IP Logged

Just think about it....It seems to be targeting UK audience but it is not  being advertised in UK. Actually I don't know what is this email and I am in the Uk.
                  It seems the real target is the pretty rich folks in the US.

Suspiciousness is one way of saying that one do not want to know the truth. It is the best way to keep the mind empty and the spirit restless.

Albany, NY
                    United States
                    Member #124164
                    March 8, 2012
                    42 Posts
                    Posted: March 8, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info.  I was looking for some insight from someone from the UK about legality and wether they heard about it.

All the ads on thier site talk about how many people in the UK play lotto and compare their lotto to the UK one.  Also the prize is stated in Euros.

Believe me, I have ZERO intentions of ever giving them my money.  Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a $10 million guaranteed lotery that has odds like this one claims(1in300,000), but I want it to be an official lotto, either a State lotto or Multi state like powerball. 

I would never send them $50 for one ticket for a lotto based in Curacao that was advertising for investors just a year ago.

Thanks for everyones insight,  I hope this thread also helps anyone else who might get the email about it and stay away.

Good luck everyone.

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                      Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4871 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2012, 9:13 pm - IP Logged

One hundred "investors", $25,000 apiece to get in?? Why does the word pyramid come to mind??  What?

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.