Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 1:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How often do people win something on PB or MM ticket or get close to winning the 2nd prize?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stormiela.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #122468
February 1, 2012
530 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I'm just curious how many people win something when they play PB or MM. When I win anything it usually is just getting the MM or Powerball number or I might just get 2 numbers correct. I'm just curious how many people get close to winning the 2nd jackpot prize. I have seen posts here from a person in NH who won the 2nd prize in PB or MM (can't remember) and that person saying they won 200K but was curious to how many people win prizes when they play. I get frustrated because sometimes I will notice on previous QP's some of my numbers will come up for a different draw but not on the draw I played on. Also wonder if people think because they might be doing well winning the smaller prizes that they think it's only a matter of time till they get to the 5 numbers for 2nd place. When I play I'm really trying for the 2nd prize since getting all 5 numbers plus the powerball seems so far out of reach (okay getting 5 numbers is also out of reach but at least it seems that people win more that way than getting the Jackpot).

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1953 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2012, 8:43 am - IP Logged

The most I usually get is 1 number on 1 line on PB and MM. I did get 4/5+0 once, which were numbers I picked myself.

Gonna win.Big Smile

United States
      Member #111442
      May 25, 2011
      6323 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2012, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I'm trying for all 6 numbers. StarStarStarStarStar + Star = Party

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
        TX
        United States
        Member #121193
        January 4, 2012
        1637 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2012, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Haven't done diddly pooh on the MM, no more than 1 number right, so the MM powers-to-be isn't hearing my requests.........Powerball god isn't treating ole CD much better with more than 3 numbers or 1 number w/red ball.
          Like Mac,  I tell em I want all 6......Funny though, ,,They AIN'T listenin' No No!!!!

I think they like Rhode Island a little better right now......But my time is coming and I will prevail ! Patriot

Stay Positive, Believe and good things will come your way

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
          Phoenix, AZ
          United States
          Member #120254
          December 14, 2011
          91 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2012, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

I'm aiming for the second prize as well...I will settle for $2 mil (I always buy the powerplay.)
          Best I've ever gotten though on the PB is the PB number + one white ball number.
          Got only 1 number on the MM yesterday.

Still aiming high though. Maybe tonight, maybe tonight. I know 3 people here in AZ have gotten the $1 Mil second prize... I'd love to be the fourth :)