Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

ran into another rude/sneaky patel today

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
kyokushin187's avatar - evildead2
cornwall,ct
United States
Member #102636
December 23, 2010
245 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2012, 11:07 am - IP Logged

I went to check my tickets and play some add tl tickets this morning at a store I never go to.I asked the clerk if he could scan a couple of scratch offs because his ticket checker was down and also just to double check just in case I missed something. when he asked can't you read the numbers(sarcastic). I explained why I wanted him to double check for me,so after he scanned them he mumbled something under his breath.then a guy came into the store to ask if he could turn on the air for him(here in Conn. it is free but the cashier had to turn it on from the inside)would you believe Mr. Patel tried charge this guy. I intervened and stated that the air should be free.I guess he didn't like that so after I finished by lottery purchases a asked if he could discard the loosing tickets and he asked me to throw them in the trash outside.I don't get these guys.after 9/11 they were walking on egg shells around us but now since they beleaive things have died down they are so rude to their customers. I could have thrown a fit but I was on my way to work so I decided to be the bigger person and just say" thank you sir and have I nice day" I will never frequent that store again. sorry for the long post but I had to get this off my chest.

Kyokushin karate a.k.a.

" The strongest Karate"

United States
    Member #123134
    February 14, 2012
    55 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I went to check my tickets and play some add tl tickets this morning at a store I never go to.I asked the clerk if he could scan a couple of scratch offs because his ticket checker was down and also just to double check just in case I missed something. when he asked can't you read the numbers(sarcastic). I explained why I wanted him to double check for me,so after he scanned them he mumbled something under his breath.then a guy came into the store to ask if he could turn on the air for him(here in Conn. it is free but the cashier had to turn it on from the inside)would you believe Mr. Patel tried charge this guy. I intervened and stated that the air should be free.I guess he didn't like that so after I finished by lottery purchases a asked if he could discard the loosing tickets and he asked me to throw them in the trash outside.I don't get these guys.after 9/11 they were walking on egg shells around us but now since they beleaive things have died down they are so rude to their customers. I could have thrown a fit but I was on my way to work so I decided to be the bigger person and just say" thank you sir and have I nice day" I will never frequent that store again. sorry for the long post but I had to get this off my chest.

You're confusing your racist and prejudiced stereotypes.  "Patel" is traditionally an Indian name.  Last I checked, and I do check often, the events surrounding 9/11 had nothing to do with people of Indian descent.  If the man was rude, say so.  No need to introduce one's nationality into the discussion.

mediabrat's avatar - 18z0typ
      upstate NY
      United States
      Member #108791
      March 31, 2011
      549 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2012, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

You're confusing your racist and prejudiced stereotypes.  "Patel" is traditionally an Indian name.  Last I checked, and I do check often, the events surrounding 9/11 had nothing to do with people of Indian descent.  If the man was rude, say so.  No need to introduce one's nationality into the discussion.

Well said.

I'll admit I don't have much experience with "Patels" trying to screw me out of winnings, though I think a white girl tried once.  I couldn't tell if she was looking to pull a fast one or was simply incompetent (she may have been new to the job).  Anyway, I buy most of my lottery tickets at either one of a handful of Stewarts locations or the beer store just down the road.  Stewarts is a convenience store chain in eastern NY and western VT; I believe all of the stores are company-owned, and I think "Patels" tend to prefer owning franchises and independent stores.  At any rate, I don't think we have too many Indians up here, and even so, I live in the suburbs and don't spend much time in our local urban areas.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
        Member #70550
        February 5, 2009
        120 Posts
        Posted: March 13, 2012, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

Wow you are a bit racist, prejudiced and judgemental here aint you, why bring in 911 and the name Patel, you seriously need to sort out how you judge people as its wrong what you have written here and secondly you need to learn how to spell as your spelling is terrible so maybe instead of judging every single person with the name Patel out there, concentrate more on your spelling

kings mountain
          United States
          Member #118667
          November 5, 2011
          208 Posts
          Posted: March 13, 2012, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

Wow you are a bit racist, prejudiced and judgemental here aint you, why bring in 911 and the name Patel, you seriously need to sort out how you judge people as its wrong what you have written here and secondly you need to learn how to spell as your spelling is terrible so maybe instead of judging every single person with the name Patel out there, concentrate more on your spelling

Buttercake...i understand being a racist and judgemental, but before you are critical of someone's writings, you need to check your own writings.  Yea, concentrate on your punctuation.  "Wow you are a bit racist, prejudiced and judgemental here aint you", you wrote. Where is your question mark?  "Why bring in 911 and the name Patel", you wrote.  Where is your question mark? You have other punctuation errors also.

Just saying!

London
            United Kingdom
            Member #122713
            February 6, 2012
            21 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2012, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

Buttercake made an excellent point in decent writing but you had to focus on the most irrelevant part of her response. I regret to inform you that your post was a total waste of space and time, so much so that I actually pondered whether it was worth replying to or not. The only reason I am posting this is to show a bit of support to Buttercake, to let her/him know that she/he has done nothing wrong but attract the attention of a senseless intellectual conversation arsonist such as yourself.

Lastly, since you want to be a perfectionist: "[...] you need to check your own writings. Yea, concentrate on your punctuation.", you wrote. From what dictionary do you extract the word "yea" dear Pick4master?

"[...] before you are critical of someone's writings, you need to check your own writings", you wrote. The same goes for you.

Now please, refrain from embarrassing yourself further.

buttercake's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg

United Kingdom
              Member #70550
              February 5, 2009
              120 Posts
              Posted: March 13, 2012, 2:46 pm - IP Logged

Buttercake...i understand being a racist and judgemental, but before you are critical of someone's writings, you need to check your own writings.  Yea, concentrate on your punctuation.  "Wow you are a bit racist, prejudiced and judgemental here aint you", you wrote. Where is your question mark?  "Why bring in 911 and the name Patel", you wrote.  Where is your question mark? You have other punctuation errors also.

Just saying!

Pardon me for not including a question mark etc, but when someone is being blatantly racist and judgmental here, question marks etc is the least on my list, to let this racist person know how I feel.

To Farahsan, thanks for understanding where I’m coming from.

London
                United Kingdom
                Member #122713
                February 6, 2012
                21 Posts
                Posted: March 13, 2012, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

This sort of interpretation of things is, in my opinion, where the majority of racist ways are rooted. Mr Patel as well as Mr Mohammed as well as Mr Robinson do not have to feel responsible for 9/11 beyond the repercutions of their own deeds. If an individual who happens to have a similar name and origin as a minority living in the US causes a terrorist attack, the minority as a whole should not be blamed or held responsible. Some of the most educated big heads in our world fail to grasp the very simple fact that an individual does not necessarily represent a community. If X is proven to have done something wrong, then only X should be condemned... NOT ALL THOSE WHO HAPPEN TO HAVE SIMILARITIES WITH X because yes, the overwhelming majority of them do not condone criminals, just as any US citizen. 

Secondly, you naively do not realise how insulting your post is to anyone but you. You apparently walked around for the past 10 years thinking "Patels" were "walking on egg shells"... you sad individual, have you ever asked yourself why an innocent man (and perhaps victim himself) would lay low after a crime he was in no way involved in? Judging from the lightness of your post, I'll take an educated guess and say that you probably lack the intellectual depth to go that far. What you are implying (i'm sure unbeknownst to you) is that anytime an entity from a minority commits a crime, all members of that same minority should be condemned, regardless of whether they were also victims. As for white Americans, you're insulting them by associating them with your childish, despicable bigotry in thinking you are owed any sort of favourable treatment from minorities after 9/11, THEY WERE ALSO VICTIMS AND ARE SUFFERING THE SAME PAIN AS YOU. If I dumb myself down by an incredible amount and try hard to think like you, I would say that all Americans (whether black, blue, yellow or green) are child murderers after having read the news today that an apparently deranged US soldier massacred 16 innocent people including children and women. What would your response be to that you ?

Thankfully, I do not think like you, nor does the large majority of Americans.

I'm truly shocked, disgusted and amazed that I'm actually in awe (in a very very bad way) before your ignorance and stupidity. Your thinking is one of the most limited that I have had the displeasure to witness in my 77 years of existence. I'll go as far as to say that if intelligence and sense were deadly poisons, you'd be the miraculous antidote to both.

Now please, refrain from embarrassing yourself further.

London
                  United Kingdom
                  Member #122713
                  February 6, 2012
                  21 Posts
                  Posted: March 13, 2012, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

By the way, three Mr/Ms/Miss Patel died on 9/11, have some respect you intellectually bankrupt child.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23275 Posts
                    Posted: March 13, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Not sure what this has to do with "Lottery Discussion" (the name of this forum).

Please post off-topic posts in your personal blog, not in the forums.

I agree with those with wrote about the "Patel" jab, and the strange (non-existent) tie-in to 9/11.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!