Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 7:47 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Where to put 241 million after taxes??

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Colt45ML.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
Member #32537
February 12, 2006
698 Posts
Posted: March 19, 2012, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

take a lesson form usa rich

aka our billionaires ,  we have the must billionaires then any nation. 

how do they make their money?

billionaires often use stock divindends as their #1 way.

must of them own the company's  stock that then pays billionaires their money back via divindends.

so i highly suggest, u buy some great divind paying stocks"research it"

,many billionaires them self's have wrote books on this.  and read them

don't listen to mr dumbass average american on how invest lots of money"hundrens of millions"

if the average amerian in debt, their very people U don't want to learn form.

if a expert u going to,has a house mort, car loan, any debt, what so EVer,  don't u dare do any thing they say. think for your self, 

many so called " rich people" ,are really in debt, their show offs, their fake rich, and they have debt. and they spend money they do have

good rule of thumb,  if their not rich them self's, dont lesson to them

go to billionaires them self, take notes, and learn form how big boys do it

if u got 100+ million in cash to invest, its better to study richest among u,and copy them in ways they pull it off.

and not mr showoff in with a house mortgage, etc. srcew them,their idiots with money , if their so rich and wise, they would not have a bank loan their paying intrest on. period.

also if dems get their way and divindends tax rate goes form 15% to over 30% in 2013, learn how to invest over sea's,and screw wasteful spenders taking your cash here

in short, invest smart  ,and run away form thefts such as our own usa govt.

No bees, no honey.

Milwaukee, WI
    United States
    Member #3131
    December 27, 2003
    665 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2012, 10:59 pm - IP Logged

According to a tax estimator I get $102,818,000 after taxes.

I better move to SD where I would get $111,000,000+

Milwaukee, WI
      United States
      Member #3131
      December 27, 2003
      665 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2012, 11:05 pm - IP Logged

First things first, protect your money.   Be sure to deposit some into your IRAs for "Retirement"  Then depending on your age, invest portionally to your risk.  If you are 50, then half of it should be in low risk investments.   If you are 30 then 30% should be in low risk investments.    Just be sure you understand what your advisers are selling you!!

After 2008 I don't believe that there is ANY "low risk" investmants.

Fed going bankrupt

States going bankrupt

Banks going bankrupt.

Best during that period Iowa farmland.

We saved them once, it WON'T happen again.....

OH btw I get 102,818,000 after taxes.

Milwaukee, WI
        United States
        Member #3131
        December 27, 2003
        665 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2012, 11:14 pm - IP Logged

Have to buy some Gold,Silver, land, keep a few million in cash for a slush fund....invest in companies that give out dividends,...put 40 million away to live off the interest, give the rest away to charity,family,close friends. last but not least..HAVE FUN, travel and never live with drama again !!!

I like gold but who holds it?

If somebody else holds it when The **** hits the fan they can take your gold.

If you hold it somebody in a Prius and a gun can take your gold. $50,000,000 is what 2,000#????  Well... more than a Prius but you get the idea.

I like coins so when "it flies" you can trade one coin at a time.

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Lavender Rocket

United States
          Member #124616
          March 16, 2012
          2642 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2012, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

Fed going bankrupt

States going bankrupt

Banks going bankrupt.

Saddly you may be right there that there are precious few 'low risk' investments left.  That said, if I really believed that then neither the annuity (it might go bankrupt), nor the cash option (all my experts might have an EPIC FAIL and I go belly-up - cashwise) would be the better choice as both would be lost and I would lose everything.

That said, if everything went bellyup... things would be significantly worse than just losing my measly 87-ish million.  The economy would probably have crashed.  Wall Street would be a wreck... the National Guard would have been called out to regain order in every town and city.  Chaos would be the call of the day and there would be alot (ALOT) of alka-seltzer purchased and used.

However, my debts would be paid off, my house would be paid off, student loans would be paid off and at least I would be at zero instead of ... like now.

So... where to put 241-jp/170-cash/87-ish AT&T?  A little bit everywhere to spread the eggs into a bunch-o different baskets?

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2012, 7:34 am - IP Logged

must of them own the company's  stock that then pays billionaires their money back via divindends.

don't listen to mr dumbass average american on how invest lots of money"hundrens of millions"

if a expert u going to,has a house mort, car loan, any debt, what so EVer,  don't u dare do any thing they say. think for your self, 

many so called " rich people" ,are really in debt, their show offs, their fake rich, and they have debt. and they spend money they do have

if u got 100+ million in cash to invest, its better to study richest among u,and copy them in ways they pull it off.

and not mr showoff in with a house mortgage, etc. srcew them,their idiots with money , if their so rich and wise, they would not have a bank loan their paying intrest on. period.

also if dems get their way and divindends tax rate goes form 15% to over 30% in 2013, learn how to invest over sea's,and screw wasteful spenders taking your cash here

good point with dividends, APPLE just started paying a dividend.  But then you are investing in a company that uses slave labor overseas to produce its products - Thumbs Down

Invest in your LOCAL community - create jobs locally, help your family, friends and neighbors first.  Thumbs Up

find a local company that is paying dividends.

NightStalker's avatar - 50logo
              East of Columbus, OH
              United States
              Member #120843
              December 28, 2011
              451 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2012, 8:27 am - IP Logged

Seriously seek financial advice.  Find a trusted local accountant and/or financial advisor.  Don't rush into it.  Any bank you decide to put your $100+ million dollars in probably isn't going belly up in the next few months.

Life's Too Short To Be Unhappy Cool

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                Beautiful Florida
                United States
                Member #5709
                July 18, 2004
                20225 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2012, 1:14 pm - IP Logged

According to a tax estimator I get $102,818,000 after taxes.

I better move to SD where I would get $111,000,000+

Payouts as follows:

Wisconsin:7.75% State Tax- $718,365
                - $13,252,500
                Your net per year: $6,233,558Your net payout: $114,997,500
                After 26 payments: $162,072,508

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Colt45ML's avatar - 4eyes
                  Jawja
                  United States
                  Member #87469
                  February 25, 2010
                  109 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2012, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

good point with dividends, APPLE just started paying a dividend.  But then you are investing in a company that uses slave labor overseas to produce its products - Thumbs Down

Invest in your LOCAL community - create jobs locally, help your family, friends and neighbors first.  Thumbs Up

find a local company that is paying dividends.

You might as well just hire a couple of helicopters and fly over your community and throw all your money over the side because that is the equivalent of what you are proposing, and quicker too.

Be sassy and be happy.

Jawja
                    United States
                    Member #87469
                    February 25, 2010
                    109 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2012, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Did you know that our government is the only goverment in the world that taxes their citizens' worldwide income, no matter if they live in the US or not? 

Another little tid bit: It has been intimated widely that  most US consulates worldwide have at least a 6 month backlog of applications by American citizens to expatriate (i.e., give up their American citizenship).  I suspect that a high percentage of these folks are part of the so called 1% that are highly creative, highly productive, plus major enablers of other people to create businesses, and by extention, create jobs with said buinesses.

Be sassy and be happy.

Jawja
                      United States
                      Member #87469
                      February 25, 2010
                      109 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2012, 3:05 pm - IP Logged

If you hold it somebody in a Prius and a gun can take your gold. $50,000,000 is what 2,000#????  Well... more than a Prius but you get the idea.

There are several businesses in Switzerland, as well as Singapore and Hong Kong, that will store your gold in about the most secure circumstances of any in the entire world.  If your gold is looted from these places you will know that life itself on the entire earth is untenable to the point that your gold is the very least of your worries.

If you do some research into the so called Great Depression,  you will note that FDR declared it illegal for American citizens to own gold, and further more, they had to sell all their gold to the government for the going rate at the time of the announcement.  Then the worldwide price of gold shot through the roof, but the common folk couldn't take advantage of it.  The gold was sold, mostly in Europe, to mostly folks like the Rothchilds in the UK.  I'm just say that the government has confiscated gold before, and I think the time neigh that it could happen again.  Therefore, I think storing gold abroad in certain countries that are much more free at present than the US is one of the best moves that anyone could make.

Whoever wins this jackpot should use about 10% of it to buy and store physical gold overseas in a combination of both bars and coins.  If the price drops more than 10% then go out and buy the same amount again.  Do this and you will never, ever again have to worry about fiat currencies being inflated to infinity.  Speculation will temporarily inflate of deflate the price of gold from time to time, but in general it will always find and keep its intrinsic value.

Be sassy and be happy.

Jawja
                        United States
                        Member #87469
                        February 25, 2010
                        109 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2012, 3:30 pm - IP Logged

Everything you say here is right on.  Plus, with this jackpot, you could go abroad and look into buying a "safe haven" property that you could escape to IF stuff starts hitting the fan here.  The so called "rich," or those precieved to be so, will be the first ones strung up on the nearest lamp post by the mob AND the goverment.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and apply for residency (green card) in some country that you are easily ammenable to living in for the rest of your life if you had to.

Be sassy and be happy.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2012, 4:01 pm - IP Logged

"They" can take your tv or laptop or canned veggies. Do you worry about who holds those? What?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Jawja
                            United States
                            Member #87469
                            February 25, 2010
                            109 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2012, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

Fed going bankrupt

States going bankrupt

Banks going bankrupt.

Yes, farmland and agriculture in general is where the money is going to be in the future.  Farmland is being converted into living space the world over, so the supply is going down.  Also, a lot more people worldwide, espcially China, India, and other countries in Asia,  are wealthy enough to want more than a handful of rice a day to subsist on.  They are demanding more and better food.  So, there you have it; the supply is down and the demand is up.  Seems like a money making proposition to me.

Be sassy and be happy.