Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 12:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Does anyone consider themselves obsessed?

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by WesternRedDoug.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Bronx, NY
United States
Member #124198
March 8, 2012
105 Posts
Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

I think know I am absolutely obsessed with the lottery (more so with winning it).  Its on my mind almost all day.  Especially on days like today when the jackpot is crazy high.Crazy  I dunno, I guess my life is such in the dumps I think about winning the lottery to make myself feel better and to distract me.  Anyone else think they might be obsessed with the lottery?

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

I think know I am absolutely obsessed with the lottery (more so with winning it).  Its on my mind almost all day.  Especially on days like today when the jackpot is crazy high.Crazy  I dunno, I guess my life is such in the dumps I think about winning the lottery to make myself feel better and to distract me.  Anyone else think they might be obsessed with the lottery?

Jackpot win is the cure. Wink

BananaBanana

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Bronx, NY
      United States
      Member #124198
      March 8, 2012
      105 Posts
      Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

Absolutely.  Hopefully I've got th vaccine sitting on my dresser right now.Dance

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:14 pm - IP Logged

PoeticJustice please play the lottery more for entertainment. If you are feeling depressed, the last thing to make you feel better would be to lose

more money on desperate bouts of hopeful wagering.    No Nod

I enjoy and have made a good living with the lottery. The important distinction in continuing this path, is to recognize when to ease up or cease

altogether your gambling activities. Play smart, research and learn from your mistakes and move forward cautiously.

Bronx, NY
          United States
          Member #124198
          March 8, 2012
          105 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

PoeticJustice please play the lottery more for entertainment. If you are feeling depressed, the last thing to make you feel better would be to lose

more money on desperate bouts of hopeful wagering.    No Nod

I enjoy and have made a good living with the lottery. The important distinction in continuing this path, is to recognize when to ease up or cease

altogether your gambling activities. Play smart, research and learn from your mistakes and move forward cautiously.

Oh trust me. I'm not an excessive gambler.  I'm the type that will stop playing after I lose a certain amount at the tables....not go crazy trying to "win it back".  I learned that years ago when I used to play poker with my buddies. 

I admitted in another thread that I went a bit crazy on the last drawing and put in $20, but this time I dialed it back to my usual $5 so my issue isn't really about the money part of it, more the mental.

United States
            Member #111442
            May 25, 2011
            6323 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Glad to hear that!  Yes Nod  I lost $10 in Tuesday's drawing and "dialed it back" to $3 for 2-nites drawing. I feel better about that decision, I'm

hoping that one of of us LP'ers will lay claim to MM in a few hours.  Cheers

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              Whiskey Island
              United States
              Member #90216
              April 24, 2010
              12808 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I'm not Obsessed just Posessed about Lottery games .. I always working in my notebooks for new systems and software development of my own system . Even working on combinations for other people for their State specific games .. I spend at least 8 to 10 hours a day on every thing . With Sundays Off !!!! Lottery is my life for those few Hours ..

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

I'm not Obsessed just Posessed about Lottery games .. I always working in my notebooks for new systems and software development of my own system . Even working on combinations for other people for their State specific games .. I spend at least 8 to 10 hours a day on every thing . With Sundays Off !!!! Lottery is my life for those few Hours ..

You remind me of the "Exorcist" Lottery Player. With all the time and effort you are investing, your payoff is coming soon!  Embarassed

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: March 23, 2012, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

PoeticJustice32,

Before reading your post I was going to say those who truly are obsessed would never admit it - but I don't think you truly are. Heck, everybody here thinks about winning a jackpot, just look at all the threads about how any of us would spend the money we haven't won yet!

Trukly obsessed is when you see numbers in a TV show two or three times or something and go back out to play them.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Mr-Smith's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    rekjavik
                    Iceland
                    Member #99537
                    October 27, 2010
                    177 Posts
                    Posted: March 23, 2012, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

I would have to say sometimes..... Ever since I missed 250k by one number 4 yrs ago using a personal system,  I get excited for the next week and go over in my head what I did wrong or what could I be missing.... even if I lose or win some times I find out differnt things that I use for the next one....... Just this past week I kinda freaked out when I knew I had 3 numbers  but I did not finish my theroy and my 3 numbers came up but I need 6 to win.....

So yes it can mess with your head but you have to have limits and self control.....

maximumfun's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
                      Lavender Rocket

United States
                      Member #124616
                      March 16, 2012
                      2642 Posts
                      Posted: March 23, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

Obsessed?  Nah... highly motivated to play in a myopic kinda singular-focused manner?  now THAT is a different question.

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
                        Texas
                        United States
                        Member #114703
                        August 5, 2011
                        4623 Posts
                        Posted: March 24, 2012, 3:23 am - IP Logged

hey maximum, I can relate, one of my suggestions is to find a way to possibly help people on here by creating your own thread and finding a way to find winning numbers for people, not necessarily pb and mm and all of that, but p3 and p4, I got the idea from here and granted my numbers don't always come in that I suggest however it's an amazing feeling when they do...just a thought

lotsofwins's avatar - half planet.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #114703
                          August 5, 2011
                          4623 Posts
                          Posted: March 24, 2012, 3:24 am - IP Logged

oh and I used to be obsessed like your talking about see a number play it, see it on tv, mentioned somewhere go out and play, that was troubling looking back, I have now dialed back and put in maybe one qp and one of my own per game...my logic is if its your time, its your time...no matter if you put $1 or $1,000:-)

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
                            Kunming
                            China
                            Member #57910
                            January 23, 2008
                            3626 Posts
                            Posted: March 24, 2012, 4:56 am - IP Logged

'Obessed' is to harsh a word, how about 'very focused', 'intensely focused'. Ha..ha.

Play to win!

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                              Dallas, TX
                              United States
                              Member #60284
                              April 12, 2008
                              3856 Posts
                              Posted: March 24, 2012, 11:37 am - IP Logged

What you have is consider normal in this community.